Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Show me your handwriting!
Read title.

This is an excerpt of my handwriting, in portuguese and english. Since I rarely write in english, my handwriting usually looks better in portuguese.

[Image: 7626a2c1b0e91d0406b0cde92af43d5a.jpg]

Also, this is my japanese handwriting.

[Image: a93463ebd443e7b632f526c66f259659.jpg]
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Have some terrible handwriting.

[Image: wYABKU8.jpg]
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by:
^ It's funny you mention that because your handwriting looks like literally every guy's that isn't me. My best friend used to write like that throughout highschool, and to absolutely no surprise literally every guy's handwriting I've seen looks like that or worse.

Also Gors - not to be a Big Penis here but your "Portugese" and "English" writing is more like the difference between "cursive" (your written Portugese) and your "print" (English) handwriting. Try writing some things in English in the same cursive you use to write in Portugese - I think you'll be pleased with how it looks.
Also your print English looks a lot like my former co-worker's which is...that's pretty good. It's still really legible.

I know quite a few people who are a total lost cause - it's one thing to have messy cursive, but their print handwriting is way too small and unreadable, too!!

[Image: e82996562b.jpg]

I learned to write from my mom, so that's probably why I've got fantastic handwriting. However, it has a tendency to jump off of the lines of the page lol
OK so my mom and dads' cursive is BEAUTIFUL (and it's usually what they write in - it's really legible, too) but my dad's print writing is really weird: he writes in all uppercase, which is exactly how I imagine he'd type on the internet. Although he'd leave really nice notes for me when I was younger ("Hang in there kid, Friday's almost here" kinda stuff) it'd be more like HANG IN THERE KID! and I was like "Whoa! Dad"
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
I could have sworn i saw a thread like this in the near past. Back when i was still active. Anyways. Im in class and have a feeling im gonna write some notes so i'll post it when im done. I have ass writing so dont expect to live after witnessing such monstrosity.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
i like how your d ascender is a loop instead of a straight line like it is in h and l

English looks terrible in cursive - due to the excess of ascenders and descenders in constant succession, so it makes a lot of words look like shit.

[Image: F1RLCoa.jpg]

additionally, another example (melancholy). The kanji are read from right to left in this example

[Image: 66ebf3b88c6d6334bc1ec7f9f6e2f258.png]
Thanked by:
Having literally zero experience with Japanese writing, I'm basing this assumption purely on looking at what you've written. It seems to me like it would take significantly longer to write something in Japanese than in any of the other languages you've shown due to the more complex characters. Is this at all true or do you get used to writing them enough that the complexity is a non-issue?

I have no samples of my own writing at the moment but it's awful and there are at least a couple of people here who can vouch for that so you're not missing out on much. It's why I tend to type everything.
Thanked by: Kriven
the complexity is an issue, and thus, kanji learning is separated in packs, kinda like "DLC packs". Fundamental Education requires all kids to know 3000 symbols, and highschoolers learn 5000 more symbols - they are more than enough to maintain proper communication.

And, depending on what you study (medicine, chemistry, technology), you learn the "subject-specific packs" - which function like jargons in the ocidental culture.

However, some kanji are complex and frequent in mass media, so handwritten japanese tends to be very simplified or replaced with simpler symbols. For example, one of the medicine word 皮膚 (skin, tissue) is usually printed as 皮フ because 膚 never looks readable in any font (it's too crowded). Also usually melancholy is rendered as 憂うつ due to the second kanji 鬱 having 29 strokes (it looks ugly when writing in a small space, like a notebook line)

Kanji are still important however because japanese is a language with a lot of words read the same, and the kanji is how redundancies are reduced.
Thanked by:
possibly huge image warning; phone image

Yes, my handwriting is that fucking atrocious for a 23 year old; yay lefty handwriting. Some notes though:

-if I'm writing only for myself (e.g. notes in class) then I'll usually just stick with all-caps
-I only use the upper-case "I" with the bridges if I'm just writing the pronoun or letter; otherwise it's just the lazy straight line "I"
-that lowercase "q" wasn't a mistake; I often sloppily double back that line
-I almost always forget to angle quote marks to denote the beginning or end of a quotation
-no cursive, mine literally looks like pigshit and I fucking hate writing cursive

And finally, question for y'all: does anyone else find it easy to write an ampersand ("&")? For some reason, everyone I know struggles with it and most of them usually write some weird substitute symbol (like my mom's which is kinda like a plus sign but with the horizontal line being a curl).
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by:
Ampersand is actually usually written as cursive "Et" as shown here (that's how the symbol came to be, too)

Additionally, for Petie, how I deal with complex kanji. Some of those are popular in japan, and some are my original creation, don't steal.

[Image: 253365269164108281a94265055bf653.png]

the graphic simplifications make it simpler to write in a small space and still retains readability. Some of those kanji appear in other compound characters so the simplification is welcome.
Thanked by:
[Image: eoz10SO.jpg]
Top is the one I use the most because I write faster, middle one I rarely use and through some miracle it looks good here, and bottom one is my cursive handwriting which I stopped using regularly since I was 15 or so.
[Image: 09aBGqA.gif]
Thanked by: Gors
[Image: Glm0cOr.jpg]
You might want some eye bleach
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Kosheh, Gors
Here is my busted hand scratches.

[Image: 4zz6l2N.png]
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: Gors
[Image: y9Y51gr.jpg]
My cursive is shit, because I haven't used it since third grade.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: miyabi95_, Gors
(09-14-2016, 07:29 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: [Image: y9Y51gr.jpg]
My cursive is shit, because I haven't used it since third grade.

my apologies for calling you out my friend, and i humbly apologize deeper for this coming out completely shitty, but guys with bubbly writing, circled i's and punctuation is just like just not a thing in America. Like it somehow resembles the Kristen font or something. 

now i didn't mean this like "hur hur dude ur handwriting is GAY" i'm bringing this up because my uncle (mom's brother-in-law, a French expat) has a nephew living in France who's like my age, is manly af and has this same exact handwriting

are circled i's just unisex or something in europe? should i consider moving to where my handwriting will be accepted and be welcomed home by my true countrymen??
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
actually circle tittles is wrong and should never be used no matter who you are, unless you're using some kind of designer font of course (you actually lose points in text writing exams in Brazil if you do that, no matter what kind of typeset you use).
Thanked by: