Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Neweegee does pixel things again
Yo! I'm back again. You probably remember me because you kinda liked my sprites, or maybe something stupid I did... Or maybe you just don't know me.

But my aim is to become a much better spriter, and possibly a good game developer that can help others with their games.
So as part of that, I started making yet another fangame to practice both of those things at once. It's a small game is based on Earthbound Beginnings that's a 2D platformer. My main focus is the graphics right now, so that's why I'm here.

Here's Ninten's sprites so far. I've had a lot help trying to get the design/art-style straight so far.

This here is a very WIP Mech planned for the game. Obviously based on one from Kirby Planet Robobot
That's all I've got now. I hope you like it so far, and tell me everything that needs to be improved.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Well, I got a lot feedback on this from another site, mostly to reference Ness/Lucas' animations from Smash for stuff like jumping and to make his mouth a little smaller.

Here's a redone jump

[Image: NINTEN_JUUUUMP.gif]

[Image: MAIN_FALL_strip3.png]

Another thing is that walk animation didn't look right or something. One guy said it's the angle, so I tried to change it, but it might not fit well with the rest of the animations now (unless of course, I just change them all. It's not even that many)

So I tried to see if there a way to fix the old one to look better, since it seems like the direction of his whole body wasn't very clear and that may have been the big problem. so now I've made two and this town ain't big enough for the both of them
[Image: NINTENENENENENEN.gif][Image: NINTEN_WALK2.gif]
[Image: NININININININININ_WALK_strip8.png]
[Image: RUN_RUN_RUN_strip8.png]

Also, here's a WIP coilsnake from EarthBound (Earthbound Beginnings only had boring, normal Snakes).
[Image: TIME_TO_COIL.gif][Image: COIL_strip5.png]
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
These are so cute! Please tell me you plan to edit them into Ness and Lucas at some point! You got the proportions perfect!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Neweegee
I feel like the older running sprites on Ninten could be used as some sort of in-between for turning?
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.
Thanked by: Neweegee
@Ton:
I was kinda thinking about doing that, but for now, I need to finish Ninten's sprites. I actually did make a Lucas sprite based on Ninten a short while back so there's already a start.
[Image: Lucas.png]

@Filler:
Would that mean kinda like this:
[Image: Ani_Run.gif]
I think it could work!

I've had some help from some users on MFGG, and now it seems like Ninten might be finished!
Here's a sprite sheet
[Image: Ninten_Spritesheet.png]
You can take a look at the new animations I made here
Also, here are some Wario sprites I've been working on. Thing is, I thought it'd be more interesting to work on a Wario fangame, so I reworked the Earthbound fangame into a Wario one, here's some sprite I've made for Wario so far:
[Image: Wario.png]

The design is inspired by how he looked in Wario Land 2. Sorry if I've gone a bit ahead of myself making so many animations before showing it here, but I can still easily make major changes if there's any that you think should be done.

Here are the animations
I really should post here more often to keep these walls-of-text-and-picutures from happening!
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Wario looks great!

For Ninten, maybe some PSI frames? I'd suggest you don't give up on those, because they're really, really good.
Thanked by:
i feel like a flip is too weird for ninten
maybe something more childish ?
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
As you suggested Ton, I've tried making some animations for the PSI. They're based on the ones Ninten could use in Earthbound Beginnings.
[Image: GIF_Life_Up.gif][Image: GIF_tel.gif][Image: GIF_def.gif][Image: GIF_4_D.gif]
Note: the Life Up animation is slightly outdated since I changed it a little on the sheet

Here is the sheet updated with them:
[Image: Ninten_Spritesheet_V2.png]
Sometimes I get carried away with special effects and now more than half the sheet is PSI :3

@SKELTON
I changed the flip jump earlier, it's more of a regular jump that kinda looks like how Ness jumps in Smash Bros.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Wow, that was quick! Great job!
What made you decide to go with the metal bat?
Thanked by:
(08-30-2016, 05:38 PM)Ton Wrote: What made you decide to go with the metal bat?
I found out that Ninten's Bat was actually metal in Earthbound Beginnings' artwork.

Also, these are some Mario sprites I've been working on recently. They're based on his classic sprite designs, but I want to give it a fresh feel.
[Image: Mario_Stands.png][Image: Jump.gif][Image: Run.gif]
I tried some different techniques for the run animation this time. Not too sure how it came out, though.

[Image: Main_Run2_strip8.png]
[Image: Main_Jump_strip5.png]
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
I really like how well animated Mario's run is. For the jumping, I think it is a little weird to see him jump directly from his standing pose. When he is stationary, maybe adding a crouch to make it smoother?
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
the effects and bat swings you made on the sprite could be layered in-game instead of being assembled on the sheet itself. You also would need a sprite for every status ailment and a ghost sprite for him, in case you still have remaining party members.

the peace sign looks too thick and blobby, it lacks definition.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Here's another update on Ninten. I added the status effects by using icons, and some animations for them.
@Gors:  
Thing is, I didn't see a reason to separate the bat from Ninten's sprite. I mean, I'm all for graphics being put together and modified in-game, but I don't think it needs to be done here since it I don't think it would make a difference, being that there's only one bat he swings. Not sure what you meant by the other effects, but I thought I did separate the PSI(at least, the parts that didn't directly affect Ninten himself).

Also, here's another update on Mario
[Image: Ani_Stand.gif][Image: Ani_Run.gif]
The last run animation was smooth, but I had to redo it to look more like a run

[Image: Mario_Sheet_Wipped.png]
@AkumaTH
Mario does have one animation frame before he jumps that shows him lifting his hand, though I guess I made it animate too quickly to be fully seen. But that can easily be fixed.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
(09-16-2016, 06:05 PM)Neweegee Wrote: @AkumaTH
Mario does have one animation frame before he jumps that shows him lifting his hand, though I guess I made it animate too quickly to be fully seen. But that can easily be fixed.

I see the frame now. That would look great if he was moving, but it doesn't look natural from a standing position. I think adding one frame before that arm moving would make the standing jump look more natural. I used a pre-existing pose as an example.

[Image: Z6cYQGC.gif]
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
Haven't updated in a while, but in that time, I decided to take a break from Mario to get some more progress done on my Wario fangame, at least until I get the graphics that are essential to the gameplay done.
Of course, I'm making sure to fix that jump issue whenever I start working on Mario again. But right now, this game is one of my main priorities.

So far, I remade Wario's sprites to be bigger and use a new outfit.
[Image: Put_Wario_strip2.png][Image: Runnnnnn.gif]

And also this dog, that's supposed to help Wario in in levels by curling into a ball to be thrown.
[Image: Get_Dog1.gif][Image: Get_Dog2.gif][Image: Get_Dog_X.gif]

Here's the spritesheet so far:
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ