Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need opinion on sorting files & format types for Mass Effect 2
Hello, fellow readers of this forum.

I'm working on a huge rip of Mass Effect 2, but there two issues that concern me that need your opinion on before I can continue sorting and proceed to uploading.

Issue 1) Back when I got files from a downloading site, the User that had upload it has converted them from a .RIFF format (Never heard of it before) to an .OGG format -which in my personal opinion, is the least accessible sound format around unless you have a media player that can play it or a codec for your default player.
I already converted over 33,000 files of sound to a .WAV format for accessibility, but now their size (when compiled) might be too big to submit onto The Sound Resource website.

So, what is your opinion on this? Do you prefer accessible sound formats like .WAV, or do you prefer you files with samller space like .OGG? (I'm open to any opinions or suggestions you have to offer).

Issue 2) As stated above, there are over 33,000 files of sound- sorted into over a thousand folders. The issue for this one is that the folders are an assortment of voice files of characters within a location or a section of a mission. (For example: The Folder krohub_arrival_ai_a_s_int contains voice files of EDI, Grunt & Mordin Solus on their arrival on the Krogan homeworld of Tuchanka).
So you see, it would be too complicated just to upload a folder that only contains voices from the location alone. I highly recommend just to take all files of certain characters (Let's say Garrus for example), and put them in a new folder made specifically for him/her/it.

Again, what do you guys thinks? You think that is a good idea?

Thank you for reading and for your valuble feedback on this situation of mine.
P.S. Sorry for the wall of text. I'm not good at compressing my sentences...
Thanked by:
Issue 1) leave in ogg form, but rip yourself, and dont upload that guy's sounds, or else itll be rejected for stealing. ogg will mean less harddrive space on the site is used, and ogg is acceptable. wav is uncompressed, taking up unecessary space.

Issue 2) Split the oggs into main folders by character, but in each character folder make sub folders for the specific locations you mentioned.

Character XYZ
-sub-1 (sub-1 locations sounds)

etc.

for organizational purposesSmile
Thanked by: Gamer101
(07-27-2016, 08:40 PM)Anex Wrote: Issue 1) leave in ogg form, but rip yourself, and dont upload that guy's sounds, or else itll be rejected for stealing. ogg will mean less harddrive space on the site is used, and ogg is acceptable. wav is uncompressed, taking up unecessary space.

Issue 2) Split the oggs into main folders by character, but in each character folder make sub folders for the specific locations you mentioned.

Character XYZ
-sub-1 (sub-1 locations sounds)

etc.

for organizational purposesSmile

Thank you for your most, helpful advice. While I might be a bit discourage to start over from scratch, the end result will make it worth the extra effort for this rip project.

Again, thank you, Anex! Smile
Thanked by: Pingus!