Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission 3D Models
Hello, can someone help me rip the models from dragonball heroes ultimate mission for the 3ds ?

[Image: latest?cb=20140424173243]

i have the iso for the game, but its somehow locked down and i need a 3ds to unpack the files, and i dont have one Sad

edit:
I forgot to mention that i have experience in 3d and ripping, i use blender and 3ds max but without a 3ds i cant rip the models from these games

i want the models because they have new and what if characters and some from the new series

[Image: 04cb411610c90088a0658810724b08be1399291363_full.jpg][Image: gfs_390464_2_20.jpg]
Thanked by:
I was interested in this game and it's successor, which is pretty much just an enhanced remake. Everything is contained in BIN files. I've uploaded the first to see if anyone can make any sense of it.

Dropbox Link
Thanked by:
Yeah, this game is just incredibly hard to rip. It's a port of an arcade game, too, which means that it goes against regular 3DS conventions. If it helps, the game is developed by Dimps, and may or may not use modified versions of the Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 models. (who am I kidding that won't help at all)
Some guy who just lurks this place nowadays.
Thanked by:
King Cold is in the arcade version, too. I'd love to get my hands on his model to see how it compares to his Tenkaichi 3 one,.
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by:
Is that the romfs or did you uncompress it and find binary files in it? I highly doubt everything is in binary files.

OP, you got the rom in an ISO format? Sounds fake to me... either way if it's a CIA or a .3ds (I think that's the extension) you need a 3ds. The CIA file you need to have emunand for but you might just need a 3ds with access to hbl for the second. I highly suggest you buy a 3ds.
Thanked by:
What I uploaded was FROM the romfs, not the entire system, just one of the main archive files.
Thanked by:
So I found some information about the file types, that may or may not help us figure things out.
kprovost7314 from GBATemp Wrote:I actually don't know about the models myself, I'll look into that. But I do know that the textures are in ctpk files and the text are in .mes and .txt files.
The guy that posted this is romhacking the game on GBATemp. I asked him about the file types, and he gave me what he knew. Although he didn't know the model format, we know the texture format now, which may or may not lead us to figure out what the model format is.
Thanked by:
I got my hands on a decrypted rom, if it helps.

[Image: 9y67oB8.jpg]
[Image: s8JR7q5.jpg]
[Image: runenXm.jpg]
[Image: zF9Uiwu.jpg]

lags a bit and sound is dissorted, would not recommand it
Thanked by:
(08-03-2016, 08:22 AM)nemix Wrote: I got my hands on a decrypted rom, if it helps.

(snip)

lags a bit and sound is dissorted, would not recommand it

I think we're fine here, Carpaccio seems to have the files, and I have them too. Thanks for the offer, though!
Thanked by:
Ok, so did you manage to extract anything 3D from them?
Thanked by:
(08-03-2016, 05:49 PM)nemix Wrote: Ok, so did you manage to extract anything 3D from them?

Not yet, but I have noticed character folders. They're named by 3 letters, and indicate the character that they have files for. etc "GOK" = Goku, "GNY" = Ginyu and the like.
Thanked by:
What format are they?
Thanked by:
(08-03-2016, 09:08 PM)nemix Wrote: What format are they?

I looked closer, and they're all CTPK files. Why would they store textures in their own little subfolders like that?
Thanked by:
(08-04-2016, 09:56 PM)nobody231 Wrote:

I looked closer, and they're all CTPK files. Why would they store textures in their own little subfolders like that?

And how did you get to the players folder?

Furthest I've got was decompiling romfs.bin and there i had more .bin files, one was 700mb so I guess that's where all the stuff is.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ctpk-tool.379796/ this is a ctpk tool, maybe this helps...

in what format are the 3d models?

Well I think this is bad, I took a look at PS2 Games, Budokai 3 and Infinite World, they have a similar format, lets say folder 357 is goku 3d model and 358 is his textures, you can easily extract the textures but now way you can get that model.

Only models I can extract are from Xenoverse and Dragonball Online.

Some people managed to extract PS3 Models like Raging Blast and PS2 Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
Thanked by:
(08-05-2016, 01:12 AM)nemix Wrote:
(08-04-2016, 09:56 PM)nobody231 Wrote:

And how did you get to the players folder?

Furthest I've got was decompiling romfs.bin and there i had more .bin files, one was 700mb so I guess that's where all the stuff is.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ctpk-tool.379796/ this is a ctpk tool, maybe this helps...

in what format are the 3d models?

Well I think this is bad, I took a look at PS2 Games, Budokai 3 and Infinite World, they have a similar format, lets say folder 357 is goku 3d model and 358 is his textures, you can easily extract the textures but now way you can get that model.

Only models I can extract are from Xenoverse and Dragonball Online.

Some people managed to extract PS3 Models like Raging Blast and PS2 Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

It's actually VERY different from the Budokai/Tenkaichi games. The bin files are in a format labelled as 3DS-LZ, which means they're probably a variation of the LZip format. The textures I found are in their own little sub-folder outside of the bin files, so I can't figure out anything going on. Maybe call someone on who knows something about compression formats.
Thanked by: