Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PSXPrev (PSX Model/Texture Viewer) (Released!)
Hi all!

I'm releasing today PsxPrev, a TMD/PMD/TIM PlayStation file scanner.  Smile

This tool uses: You'll need to run it:
  • An OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card
  • .NET Framework 4.5
Treat it as an experimental release and use this tool as your own risk!

The tool can use a big ammount of memory to scan the files, so,
I recommend you close all your work before starting the tool.

To launch the application, run "PsxPrevLauncher.exe"

First of all, select the Folder where are the files you want to scan.

You can specify a filter, to scan individual file/files.

You have option boxes to:
  • Scan for TMD models
  • Scan for PMD models
  • Scan for TIM textures
  • Scan for Resident Evil TIM textures
  • Generate a log file at the application folder
  • Output scan messages to the console window
  • Debug Processed Triangles

To start scanning, click at the "Scan" button.

A console window will appear, the application will scan each byte of the files inside the folder/filter you specified trying to find the files types you specified, so, it can take a bit of time for this process to end.

After the scan has been completed, a new window will open, with the tabs:
  • Models: This is where you see the models that has been found on the scan
  • Textures: This is where you see the textures that has been found on the scan
  • VRAM Preview: This is where you have a replica of PSX Video RAM, which consist of 32 256x256 textures. You can use these pages to compose the final textures applied to the models.

Usage tips:
  • To Apply a Texture to a Model, first you have to look at the VRAM Page property of the Model you want to apply the Texture.After that have to draw the textures (at the VRAM Tab, called Draw to VRAM) on the desired VRAM Page (which is pre-defined in the Texture Properties area). After that, if you come back to the Model Tab, you may see your Model textured, if it has Uvs property enabled (True).
  • To Export a Model or Multiple Models,  tick their checkboxes at the Model Tab, click at Export Selected button, select the desired Output Format and the Output Folder. (Textures and materials will be automatically exported)
  • To Export a Texture or Multiple Textures, select them at the Texture Tab, click at Export Selected button and select the desired Output Folder.

Known issues/limitations:
  • The two 3D exportable file formats has disadvantages, .OBJ files cannot have vertex color information, and .PLY files will group all the sub-models in one single model. I'm looking for a better format for the exporter. An experimental .OBJ exporter option with Vertex Color is available.
  • The tool will only find files that are explicitly conformant to 
    the file formats it's looking for. Any compressed file cannot be scanned.

Download link:
http://ricardoreis.net/psxprev/psxprev.zip

[Image: 1.png][Image: 2.png]
[Image: 3.png][Image: 4.png]

The tool may be a bit unstable, so please report any bug here.
I can´t guarantee I'll be able to fix them all, but I'll do my best Big Grin

If you have lucky finding interesting files, show us here!
Oh man. This is awesome. I hope it works for Final Fantasy games.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Oh my, just what I needed. What game is that in the pictures anyway?
Thanked by:
(07-19-2016, 01:35 PM)lemurboy12 Wrote: Oh my, just what I needed. What game is that in the pictures anyway?

I believe that model is from Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro.

Also, looking forward to this!
Thanked by:
(07-19-2016, 02:59 PM)SmashFan127 Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 01:35 PM)lemurboy12 Wrote: Oh my, just what I needed. What game is that in the pictures anyway?

I believe that model is from Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro.

Also, looking forward to this!

Thanks brothers.

The images are from "X-Men Mutant Academy", I've tested this one and "X-Men Mutant Academy 2" too, and my app shows all models and textures from both games. Maybe more two full games models ripped to this site? Smile

For a first release, I'll cover TMD and PMD models, TIM textures, and maybe PXL sprites too.

I don´t know about the FF models, at least, for FF 7 there seems to be a different model format.

Maybe I can upload it at this weekend.
Cya!
Thanked by:
is it almost ready?
Thanked by: Ton
So what are some notable games that use the formats that you're working towards?
Workstation Specs
GFX Card: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB || Processor: Intel i9-9900k || RAM: 64GB || OS: Windows 10 Pro x64
Storage: 2x 4TB HDD + 3x 1TB HDD + 2x 250GB SSD + 500GB SSD + 500GB M2 NVMe + 1TB M2 SATA

Media Center Specs
GFX Card: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB || Processor: Intel i7-6700 || RAM: 16GB || OS: Windows 10 Pro x64
Storage: 500GB SSD + 1TB HDD + 4TB HDD

Laptop Specs
GFX Card: GeForce GTX 960M 4GB || Processor: Intel i5-6300HQ || RAM: 8GB || OS: Windows 10 Pro x64
Storage: 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Thanked by:
(07-25-2016, 05:27 PM)MidnightXS Wrote: So what are some notable games that use the formats that you're working towards?

I'm working with the main Psy-Q SDK file formats for now: TMD (model), TIM(texture), PMD (model), PIX(texture).
I have found tons of these files in X-Men Mutant Academy series.
I found some files in Resident Evil series. 
I've read that you can find a lot of files in Legend of Dragoon too.
I guess you can find these files easier in Sony games.
But the question is a bit deeper, since a lot of companies use their own file formats, or compressed file packs that my app cannot scan. (Maybe somebody or myself could research it in the future, since it's gonna be open source)
I've had a delay to upload the first version, I'm still fixing some nasty graphical bugs.
Thanked by: JerseyXS97
Will this get rigging as well?
Thanked by:
(07-26-2016, 10:31 AM)topkeklmao Wrote: Will this get rigging as well?

At the moment, no.

I don´t know if the Psy-Q SDK has rigging support by default, as far as I know, by default, it only supports hierarchical animations (limb animation).

There's a possibility to implement HMD (Hierarchical Data) and TOD (Animations) in the future.

But I confess that I could research this topic a bit more.
Thanked by:
This is absolutely amazing
Good luck, looks stunning!!
Someone download and mount every single PSX game and make a exhaustive list of games that use TMD s
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by: rickomax, Ton
I wonder if the Spyro games do...I'd love to rip from them.
Thanked by:
so uhh... was more progress made?
Thanked by:
(08-06-2016, 07:57 PM)lemurboy12 Wrote: so uhh... was more progress made?

Yes, sorry for the delay, I'm not having too much free time to finish it, but I'll try to release it next weekend.
I cannot release it today, due some modifications I've made to the rendering system.
is it ready yet?
Thanked by: