Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping multiplayer GBA Sprites (Solved)
For a very long time I have been just trying, and trying to Rip all the sprites used in the Multiplayer mode of Mario Bros. Classic using Visual Boy Advance 1.8 with GBA Link but I just cant connect 2 emulator's together Local or Wifi without an ERROR message appearing when trying to connect. I know that GBA Link doesn't work with Super Mario Advance 1 to 4, so I tried using Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga, but that didn't work ether Sad Any idea's on how to Rip these Sprites? 

Maybe I could use a Save State that someone here happens to have of them in Battle mode.
Maybe even an alternate emulator I could use instead for this.
[Image: 1J090cQ.png]
Thanked by:
Check out YYCHR, you can open the rom and see the sprites directly with it. If youre lucky, the sprites youre looking for wont be compressed.
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by:
It Work's! Thank you so much Big Grin Quick question: Can YY-CHR change the game's palette data?
Thanked by:
(06-26-2016, 08:09 PM)TheHappyFaceKing Wrote: It Work's! Thank you so much Big Grin Quick question: Can YY-CHR change the game's palette data?

Indeed. The easiest way is with the save state ( Palette/Load Save State). Play until the sprite is displayed and take a save state. Then load it with YYCHR and you will have the palette that was loaded in the ram when you took the save state. Not too sure if you can do it considering your multiplayer problem.
Thanked by:
No I mean change the palette's used in the Game. So I can change the color of some of the sprites in game.
Thanked by:
(06-26-2016, 09:41 PM)TheHappyFaceKing Wrote: No I mean change the palette's used in the Game. So I can change the color of some of the sprites in game.

Oh, in that case, you can still do it with YYCHR however you need to find the offset of the palette in the data thats a lot more complicated. Try to find a hacking community of that game, they may have those information. Also, sometime the palettes are used for multiple sprites so changing 1 palette may screw up dozens of other sprites.
Thanked by:
Well I'm almost done ripping sprites. Most of these are sprites I ripped a long time ago. Here you go for anyone who wants it Big Grin

[Image: rQbsdgn.png]
Thanked by: