Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
2016 Tech Advancements
https://www.technologyreview.com/lists/t...gies/2016/

Here's a list of 10, but I thought this was interesting to talk about, especially the potential for a cure, or at least a stopper for cancer.  So many people died from cancer this year, and hearing some good news in that department is more than welcome.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
the first two on the list i find the most necessary to our survival, as well as solar energy, since the earth has gone through so much shit in the passed decade or so - we need to learn how to take care of it properly by managing what resources are being used and how we use them so that the earth can recover.

the whole autonomous driving thing still makes me raise an eyebrow tho...do we really need that much assistance from robots?
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
Well, I think the main selling point behind that one is just minimizing the amount of driving incident deaths in the country(ies). They usually make up the most, whether it be from accidents, or drunk driving scenarios. So if we can have some automated piloting, that should drop significantly. At least, that's what would be the hope.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: miyabi95_
(06-24-2016, 01:20 AM)JazzGW Wrote: the whole autonomous driving thing still makes me raise an eyebrow tho...do we really need that much assistance from robots?

Yes, and I can't wait until it's mandatory. Besides the obvious benefit of less accidents/driving-related deaths, intelligent cars (when they're the only ones on the road) should eliminate most traffic. Almost all traffic is caused by people doing dumb things (like dropping 30 MPH below the speed limit because you want to see why someone was pulled over). It will be a long while before this is possible but it's something I really hope to see.
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Maxpphire
(06-24-2016, 08:24 AM)Petie Wrote: Almost all traffic is caused by people doing dumb things (like dropping 30 MPH below the speed limit because you want to see why someone was pulled over). It will be a long while before this is possible but it's something I really hope to see.

petie, no that's a terrible idea

how else will our small-town police departments buy speedboats and all-terrain vehicles if they're not making any revenue for pulling people over for little shit. no officers are going to get overtime for showing up in court for petty traffic violations.
they'll have to spend it, on, oh I don't know

actual, practical resources, like riot gear! and who in the world wants that? u_u
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Maxpphire
Has anyone followed the advancements of robots and artificial intelligence in general? The link in the OP shows how robots that teach each other are now possible, but there have been other stuff like a robot that can peel off a banana, dodge kicks etc. I think that's very interesting.
[Image: 09aBGqA.gif]
Thanked by: