Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with ripping from a game that has custom files
Alright, so I'm making a game based off of a failed one, which will never see the light of day, so far, from crawling all over google images, I have most animations I need, I just need attacking up, and attacking down, same with rolling up and down. So far I've only seen the attack down animation in a few videos, no dashing up or down however.
I do have an early build of the game, and it has external textures, sadly they are a custom .M2A file, is there anyone who know what to do with that?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRnxKH...lGSlU/view That's the file for it.
Thanked by:
custom binary format with embedded .png
numerous programs exist to extract that

http://crystalien-redux.com/dev/PwnFlash...v1.0.1.zip

This was developed to my specs for header-sniffing .swf and .png bytearrayassets/binarydata from decompressed .swf's, and saving them to their respective filetypes
however, it doesn't explicitly expect any file type as an input.
Works both command line and drag 'n drop. Make careful note of where it decides to output the files, though, if you do drag 'n drop option.

i used this on bladetrap.m2a after seeing a .png header from opening it in notepad++
Not quite sure why it's the exact same sprite repeated several times, but ok...

Do you need stuff from the other files? cuz I'm gonna see if anything stands-out about them, too.
the other files probably can be converted with this (hopefully): https://github.com/Athari/XnaConvert

Another warning, though:
The custom binary data probably does serve some purpose.
IDK if you'll need it further down the road, but if you do, you'll need to either crack it yourself, or find someone who actually understands binary formats.
Thanked by: Daxar, Meowmere
Specifically, Build/animations/snow.m2a has the player animations. The XNB files can be extracted with XNB Node, though some look to be duplicates of what's already in the .m2d files. The other file formats don't look to have image data, as far as I can tell.
Thanked by: Meowmere
How exactly do I run that? I get errors...
Can't seem to find the DLL it says it needs but isn't included, either.

Also, I saw that result when google searching for information on how to convert .XNB files, but ignored it on account of not explicitly mentioning XNA anywhere, which this game, and obviously those files, are associated with.
Yeah, Stardew Valley is an XNA game. Formats are the same so it just works (also the program is called "XNB Node," so there's that)
As for dlls, you're probably just missing a runtime or some such. I was just posing an alternative to the xnaconvert program you found that I can verify works for extracting these files.
I wish I wasn't at the mercy of hard disk space right now...

I'd actually test things more thoroughly
I still have the .7z, but I deleted the extracted thing (and would rather leave it deleted...), otherwise I'd provide the error message.

Same reason I didn't actually test the one I found.
Just to use it, three or four additional downloads/installs... >.>
By the way, to run it, the shortcut isnt useful.. You have to go into the build folder and launch it from there.

(06-19-2016, 03:35 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: custom binary format with embedded .png
numerous programs exist to extract that

http://crystalien-redux.com/dev/PwnFlash...v1.0.1.zip

This was developed to my specs for header-sniffing .swf and .png bytearrayassets/binarydata from decompressed .swf's, and saving them to their respective filetypes
however, it doesn't explicitly expect any file type as an input.
Works both command line and drag 'n drop. Make careful note of where it decides to output the files, though, if you do drag 'n drop option.

i used this on bladetrap.m2a after seeing a .png header from opening it in notepad++
Not quite sure why it's the exact same sprite repeated several times, but ok...

Do you need stuff from the other files? cuz I'm gonna see if anything stands-out about them, too.
the other files probably can be converted with this (hopefully): https://github.com/Athari/XnaConvert

Another warning, though:
The custom binary data probably does serve some purpose.
IDK if you'll need it further down the road, but if you do, you'll need to either crack it yourself, or find someone who actually understands binary formats.

The Xnb files are tricky, they are normally able to be ripped from easily... Those ones have some extra items I still need.
Thanked by:
Now I need help with extracting the XNB files, I noticed that some may be sound files, it may be my PC but every single XNB exporter crashes upon extracting something.
Thanked by:
Here's what I managed to extract using the program I linked. I didn't find any sounds; they could be in the .xwb file or the .xsb file, which I think XNBNode may not have extracted.
(06-20-2016, 05:21 PM)Daxar Wrote: Here's what I managed to extract using the program I linked. I didn't find any sounds; they could be in the .xwb file or the .xsb file, which I think XNBNode may not have extracted.

Thanks a million man, by any slight chance since we've picked this game clean would you be able to rip the sounds?
Thanked by:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3181...k/unxwb.7z
(06-20-2016, 05:45 PM)Meowmere Wrote: Thanks a million man, by any slight chance since we've picked this game clean would you be able to rip the sounds?

My favorite kind of rip!

Were you able to extract the bubble.m2a file, btw? I actually had to manually extract it, but I might have used an older version of PwnFlashEmbedded assets, too. Can't remember, my ripping files/folders are an organizational disaster right now.

And might I ask, you alright with us submitting these to the site?
Seeing as it's your project, and all.
Or you want to do that yourself?
Or even not at all, given you're trying to make your own game from it?

Otherwise, I think it's fair I submit the contents of 'animations', and daxar does 'content'.

p.s.
based on the fact it's a dead game, and your wonderful description of the rip that's just taken place, I hereby unofficially dub this thread/ripping project "Project Vulture" ! XD

Good luck with your clone/port!
I won't be doing any submissions myself;feel free to. There's some duplication with the images between the XNB and other format, so one person should be doing the submissions anyway.
ok
ah...duplicates are... exciting.
(I've seen plenty of duplicate submissions, though. like one person uploads the title screen, another person uploads the full GUI/menu system, including title screen)

Well, we'll see what Meowmere says, then.
Thank you guys a million, I now have everything I need.
Thanked by: