Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
E3 2016 Discussion
One main thread for this.  Talk about everything!

I'd say Sony wins so far.  They consistently showed games, with some very small not game stuff between, so yeah.  Unless Nintendo does the same, they're going to have a hard time topping that kind of presentation.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: Goemar
Zelda is looking a little Souls-esque. Link was shown with a spear, hopefully this means lots of different weapons and combat options. One/two handed movesets maybe?

Praying for the Skull Hammer.

Also a whip of some sort, I want to go Belmont mode if there is a spooky castle dungeon.
Thanked by: senjen
Well that's a different looking Zelda game... reminds me quite a bit of Princess Mononoke.

I think it's a game I'll have to play before I give it a fair judgment. Portions of it look like it's going to be incredibly tedious, but there's also quite a bit of charm put in (like the moblin running away from the bees and doing this weird running dance). I will say that I don't like how strange some of the animations look, a little stiff at moments, and the visuals have this jagginess to them at times.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
(06-14-2016, 11:11 AM)Lemonray Wrote: Zelda is looking a little Souls-esque. Link was shown with a spear, hopefully this means lots of different weapons and combat options. One/two handed movesets maybe?

Praying for the Skull Hammer.

Also a whip of some sort, I want to go Belmont mode if there is a spooky castle dungeon.

Looks pretty good.  This kind of stylized art style will easily stand the test of time.

I have to say though, the gameplay hardly looks Zelda.  It looks like the new Tomb Raider in a cartoon style.  Island survival with Link.
Thanked by: Kriven, senjen, Shade
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by:
Oh my god Nintendo, this sale is terrible. What the fuck.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZwAGNVjc0

Streaming it there.

Well, that pretty much confirms it right there; this game is indeed island survival with Link.  Tomb Raider 2014, the Link edition.  So it'll probably be a good game that's geared around exploration, which is fine, but damn if it doesn't feel like Zelda with everything else, lol.  Makes me think of the Zelda mod for Skyrim too.
Thanked by:
New Zelda looks great, imo. I'm impressed to see Nintendo go in the whole open-world survival direction with one of their most delicate franchises. The amiibo feature looks like fun too, it would be neat if they did a cross-promotion where you could bring characters from Hyrule Warriors to BotW.

Nintendo might as well add mass-multiplayer capabilities, because this is the most open-world game I've seen from them.

also, weird how they hardly ever show Link's face in the trailers, or even in the gameplay so far >.> guess that's nintendo's way of keeping a character's looks slightly mysterious like back in the NES days lol
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
(06-14-2016, 04:21 PM)JazzGW Wrote: also, weird how they hardly ever show Link's face in the trailers, or even in the gameplay so far >.> guess that's nintendo's way of keeping a character's looks slightly mysterious like back in the NES days lol

I would agree with that, but don't forget the superb and colorful manual the game came with, with all the nice artwork.  We knew what everything looked like the whole time, the NES just couldn't display it properly XD.
Thanked by: miyabi95_
(06-14-2016, 04:24 PM)Koh Wrote: I would agree with that, but don't forget the superb and colorful manual the game came with, with all the nice artwork.  We knew what everything looked like the whole time, the NES just couldn't display it properly XD.

true tho it was different for me cuz i got my games at a thrift store with just the cartridge ;p

might i also point out that for the first time since 1987, LINK CAN JUMP BY HIMSELF. our little hero is all grown up c:
Thanked by:
Couldn't Link jump in Skyward Sword?
Thanked by:
(06-14-2016, 07:04 PM)Koh Wrote: Couldn't Link jump in Skyward Sword?

never played SS, but any other time he could jump was due to the cape/feather (LA/Oracle and Minish Cap/Four Swords) or in Zelda II.
Thanked by:
Super Smash Bros.
Thanked by: Shade
Dragon's Zegla looks good.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
(06-14-2016, 07:04 PM)Koh Wrote: Couldn't Link jump in Skyward Sword?

I think you could do a forward hop without having to walk/run off a ledge like in the previous 3D games.
Thanked by: