Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Star Wars: The Old Republic and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II sound effects
There are a number of users I would like to thank for extracting the sound effects from Kinect Star WarsStar Wars: Obi-Wan, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. There are, however, two more games I wish to extract the sound effects from and add to the sound effect collection of lightsabers; Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I usually use a Mac, but I have installed the aforementioned games, so I don’t have to worry about getting their ISOs. The problem is not only with the OS platforms, but trying to extract them to work on an Mac 10.8.5 too. I’ll try to upload the folders and files as best I can via Mediafire, then hopefully, we can get to work on getting those sounds.
Thanked by:
time to get back to work then, feel free to pm links asap Smile
Thanked by:
(06-07-2016, 08:45 PM)ARAJediMaster Wrote: There are a number of users I would like to thank for extracting the sound effects from Kinect Star WarsStar Wars: Obi-Wan, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. There are, however, two more games I wish to extract the sound effects from and add to the sound effect collection of lightsabers; Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I usually use a Mac, but I have installed the aforementioned games, so I don’t have to worry about getting their ISOs. The problem is not only with the OS platforms, but trying to extract them to work on an Mac 10.8.5 too. I’ll try to upload the folders and files as best I can via Mediafire, then hopefully, we can get to work on getting those sounds.

I really would be grateful if someone got those sounds out. I've been searching for months and can't get anything. I'm actually on mac as well, so I can't do it myself for the life of me. But I also think someone should get the Disney Infinity 3.0 sounds, as atm thats the only one with TFA voice actors.
Thanked by:
There is a written TOR bms script for the initial archives. extracted is a bunch of bkhd(sd's? something like that i cant recall) which are simple .bnk files. i have to figure out what type of streams the bnks have however.
Thanked by:
I believe there is a thread for that here
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7792
Thanked by:
Here are the files for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i6bycifubn...dBanks.zip 

but I cannot convert them to .wavs for some reason.  Sad I’ve also included the .bnk and soundbank xml files to help better identify certain sound files in case anybody is confused by all the numbers and all.

EDIT: Okay, now that I’ve figured out how to extract the .bnk files for The Old Republic, I now need a way to play them as well as use them in a format people could use later on.
Thanked by:
(10-13-2016, 05:37 PM)ARAJediMaster Wrote: Here are the files for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i6bycifubn...dBanks.zip 

but I cannot convert them to .wavs for some reason.  Sad I’ve also included the .bnk and soundbank xml files to help better identify certain sound files in case anybody is confused by all the numbers and all.

EDIT: Okay, now that I’ve figured out how to extract the .bnk files for The Old Republic, I now need a way to play them as well as use them in a format people could use later on.

Just to clarify, you are talking about the MMO The Old Republic correct? If so, can you help me get all the audio files? (Music, Dialogue, SFX, etc...) I've had no luck with my attempts.
Thanked by:
(11-02-2016, 05:06 AM)Iron-E Wrote: Just to clarify, you are talking about the MMO The Old Republic correct? If so, can you help me get all the audio files? (Music, Dialogue, SFX, etc...) I've had no luck with my attempts.

Yes, I’ve been able to extract the files, but they’ve come out as BANK and numbers only. I’ll need help to give the files names, for the ones of SFX and Alien vocal effects, but after that, I have to convert them from .wem files to .oggs and back to .wavs.
Thanked by:
(11-02-2016, 03:38 PM)ARAJediMaster Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 05:06 AM)Iron-E Wrote: Just to clarify, you are talking about the MMO The Old Republic correct? If so, can you help me get all the audio files? (Music, Dialogue, SFX, etc...) I've had no luck with my attempts.

Yes, I’ve been able to extract the files, but they’ve come out as BANK and numbers only. I’ll need help to give the files names, for the ones of SFX and Alien vocal effects, but after that, I have to convert them from .wem files to .oggs and back to .wavs.
If you convert them to .oggs leave them that way. They're acceptable on The Sounds Resource, and take up less space than wav files do.
Thanked by: puggsoy
(11-02-2016, 03:38 PM)ARAJediMaster Wrote:

Great! So with what Anex said, I agree to just leave them as oggs. And when that's done, I can convert them to wavs. on my own time and add them to my data base collection.  Would you be uploading them to sounds Resource or just pass a link around? Thanks!
Thanked by:
(11-02-2016, 09:53 PM)Iron-E Wrote: Great! So with what Anex said, I agree to just leave them as oggs. And when that's done, I can convert them to wavs. on my own time and add them to my data base collection.  Would you be uploading them to sounds Resource or just pass a link around? Thanks!

Yes, eventually, I will distribute the sounds to Sounds-Resouce once they are converted. Now, as sound as I get the sounds named and converted, I will upload them. And could you send the .wavs back to me in .zip files? I would greatly appreciate that. They would work nicely with my editing software.
Thanked by:
well i actually have a bit of news. I've been talking with a buddy of mine who actually ripped the SFX files from both TFU2 and SWTOR and he submitted them to VG back in December. It's only a matter of time before they appear in the resource.
Thanked by:
(02-24-2017, 05:11 PM)Iron-E Wrote: well i actually have a bit of news. I've been talking with a buddy of mine who actually ripped the SFX files from both TFU2 and SWTOR and he submitted them to VG back in December. It's only a matter of time before they appear in the resource.

Begging your pardon, but you wouldn’t be referring to me, would you? I haven’t submitted either game sounds yet, I’m afraid.
Thanked by:
Any voice clips involved?
Thanked by:
(02-25-2017, 11:40 AM)ARAJediMaster Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 05:11 PM)Iron-E Wrote: well i actually have a bit of news. I've been talking with a buddy of mine who actually ripped the SFX files from both TFU2 and SWTOR and he submitted them to VG back in December. It's only a matter of time before they appear in the resource.

Begging your pardon, but you wouldn’t be referring to me, would you? I haven’t submitted either game sounds yet, I’m afraid.

Srry for the extremely long awaited response. No I was not referring to you. There was another user who ripped many sounds.
Thanked by: