Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hey Again!
Tongue 
Hey again, guys! Maybe some of you remember me, maybe you don't. I've come and gone so often around here in the past that it's not even funny anymore. Embarassed

This time, though, I kinda want to stick around! After visiting (literally) dozens of forum communities around the Internet over the past four years, and besides Sonic Retro, I have rarely found the kind of great community like you guys have here at Spriter's Resource. Or should I say the VG Resource now? This place has grown a lot since I was last here! That's pretty awesome.

Things have been going great for me. I reconnected with the other half of my family, moved to a new city, got a little better at art, got my GED, currently in the middle of my second semester of college, bought a shiny new desktop PC and dual-booted it with Ubuntu, and I'm trying to wrap up some finished novel manuscripts so I can dive into self-publishing on Amazon! The next thing I have my sights set on is a car, as well as getting an original game project going. Big Grin Lots of good stuff.

As to what I might contribute to the cause? Probably ripping more Shantae backgrounds and sprites, and pixeling up some customs too, depending on how much time my little fan game gets. My summer semester is thankfully fairly light, so after I'm mostly done with that novel stuff, I'd like to go full steam ahead with the project.

What all did I miss? I noticed the lounge is gone for a few listed reasons, dark themes are an option now, (To the person who created those, thank you!) and some people became retired staff. All of you are awesome and it warms my heart to see some familiar usernames.
Thanked by:
Hey, I think I remember you! I don't remember anything specific but the username seems to ring a bell in the back of my head. Welcome back!

A lot has indeed changed but it's still a great place to be. Enjoy your stay (again)!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Thanks! And you seem very familiar to me too. Genki ^_^ (Last I remember, you had a Linebeck avatar.) It's cool to see you on the staff now!
Thanked by: puggsoy
Hey, welcome back! I specifically remember you from around the time I first joined. You made that cool Blaze sprite sheet that I thought was really good. Awesome to hear things are going so well for you! Definitely nice to hear good things like that every once and a while.

And yeah, TSR has changed a little bit in recent years, but as puggsoy said, it's still a pretty great place so hopefully you'll stick around for a bit!

[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
I occasionally check this section of the forums randomly.

Never heard of you. (then again, I wasn't here then.)
But still, welcome back!

So, you do art, huh?
I'll definitely have to check it out sometime.
I dropped by your dA real quick, already impressed.
Thanked by:
Yeah, I love art and painting things digitally! (Writing is fun too, but sometimes I'm like, I want to draw this and not just write it, omg.) Glad you liked what you saw on my dA.

(06-03-2016, 02:17 AM)Shade Wrote: Hey, welcome back! I specifically remember you from around the time I first joined. You made that cool Blaze sprite sheet that I thought was really good. Awesome to hear things are going so well for you! Definitely nice to hear good things like that every once and a while.

And yeah, TSR has changed a little bit in recent years, but as puggsoy said, it's still a pretty great place so hopefully you'll stick around for a bit!

I'm amazed anybody remembers that sheet! I was pretty happy to see it get used in a Sonic 2 hack recently; never got around to playing with SonicMapEd myself. Tongue

And yeah, it's certainly changed around here, but that's what keeps things fresh for me! Life's more fun with a little bit of that now and then.
Thanked by:
Change change change yup. I remember coming across one of the other resources before it was officially linked to the spriters (testing phase maybe?), I think I recall wondering if it was for real or a knockoff at the time. Tongue
Although I've known about this site since forever, I never was really active, especially community-wise, all I was was a generic consumer. I have been a bit more active recently though! Big Grin
I even got a micro-ripping collab project going on with someone right now.

Anywho, enough about me, welcome back!
Thanked by:
Hey and welcome back! Your name actually does look a little familiar to me but either way, it's always nice to see people returning to us!
Thanked by:
Feels good here on the returning side too! It amazes me to think I left even a small little footprint on this community all those years ago, that some people either still remember me or my name rings a bell. Smile

(06-03-2016, 05:30 AM)Segatendo Wrote: Change change change yup. I remember coming across one of the other resources before it was officially linked to the spriters (testing phase maybe?), I think I recall wondering if it was for real or a knockoff at the time. Tongue
Although I've known about this site since forever, I never was really active, especially community-wise, all I was was a generic consumer. I have been a bit more active recently though! Big Grin
I even got a micro-ripping collab project going on with someone right now.

Anywho, enough about me, welcome back!

I've mostly been a consumer all this time too. All the Freedom Planet sheets were super helpful for a prototype fan game thing recently. (Might do a Milla fan game eventually.) It was nice already having Lilac running on slopes and hitting stuff on Game Maker in a matter of hours instead of days, and I know another guy who's working on a FP fan game in MMF2 thanks to all these rips; Spriter's Resource is a legit resource.

And while I did have some mild trouble with colors on some Shantae sheets, they still saved me weeks of work ripping 400 frames or so myself. The coding part of my Shantae project was incredibly hard and stumped me at every turn, but at least the least of my problems were getting the assets together!

Now, once that project's on its rail, I'd like to contribute custom assets for it in the future and more rips to give a little back to this place. The ways in which VG-Resource helps out communities everywhere is innumerable and can't be thanked enough.
Thanked by:
I definitely am more of a consumer here, myself.
Most of my ripping projects spawned from the fact no one else has attempted them, or the existing rips are vastly incomplete. Some of my tutorials and info also spawned from having to figure stuff out, myself, and I wanted others to have all the information in one place.

Good luck in your endeavors!
Thanked by: