Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Overbutt (Overwatch General)
I'm surprised that there hasn't been a specific thread made for this game yet.
[Image: 3c16a9b3806fed6b1c0da5ed5f37ec32.jpg]
ANYWHO, just got the game today for the PS4 since I've been hearing nothing but good about it. Still waiting for it to install but until then I suppose I could make one of these threads for the game since it's on Xbone and PC as well. Unfortunately however I heard that competitive mode has been delayed until July but that doesn't bother me in the slightest since it'll give me time to practice.

Share tips, discuss, set up matches, talk about future updates, etc.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
One of my friends had it on his laptop today, he let me play the tutorial and try out Tracer in the practice mode. It actually seems really cool, I might look into getting sometime after my exams, if I don't think it'll empty my wallet too much. My only concern is that I won't put enough time into it to justify the cost, since I still play Hearthstone regularly and have a bunch of other games I want to play (not to mention projects and next trimester study).
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Is it just me or does the Overwatch logo look like two hands hi-fiving each other?

[Image: YZ4w2ey.png]
Bought it - oddly, it doesn't run on my PC yet (despite the fact it's technically got the same specs as my laptop, which can run it just fine) I played a few people matches but mostly bot matches - I like playing the support class characters a lot, but I really want to learn Widowmaker. I've always wanted to get good with sniper characters - here's my chance lol

(06-02-2016, 06:00 AM)puggsoy Wrote: It actually seems really cool, I might look into getting sometime after my exams, if I don't think it'll empty my wallet too much.

It..shouldn't? I mean if you've seen the "loot box" drops - you get one every level, and you can purchase them, too. 

but like, if you're looking to save money, the "base version" of the game is only $40, whereas the "Origins Edition" (which comes with skins and neat DLC for Blizzard's other games) is $60
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
I keep seeing all these games with awesome worlds and characters that are all online multiplayer only type things and wishing the studios would make adventure games, even sub-par ones, with these same characters since online multiplayer really doesn't interest me at all but I want to be "into" the franchise.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(06-02-2016, 10:29 PM)Kosheh Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 06:00 AM)puggsoy Wrote: It actually seems really cool, I might look into getting sometime after my exams, if I don't think it'll empty my wallet too much.

It..shouldn't? I mean if you've seen the "loot box" drops - you get one every level, and you can purchase them, too. 

but like, if you're looking to save money, the "base version" of the game is only $40, whereas the "Origins Edition" (which comes with skins and neat DLC for Blizzard's other games) is $60

The thing is, 40USD is about 58NZD, and 60USD is like 87NZD. I don't have heaps of money, I mean my job pays fairly well but it's only part-time and it just ended (I hope to do it again next trimester but there's no guarantee). That, combined with the fact that I'm a student (albeit living at home, which I admit eases things financially), makes this a purchase I have to think about. I'm also not used to buying games at these prices, most of my Steam library consists of Humble Bundle games and gifts.

"Emptying my wallet" was probably a bit of an exaggeration, but as I said I need to know that I'll put enough time into it to justify spending 58/87NZD. I'm not worried about micro-transactions, it's all cosmetic (as far as I know) and I don't intend to spend real money on that, it's just that the base cost is a substantial amount for me.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: psychospacecow
(06-02-2016, 10:29 PM)Kosheh Wrote: Bought it - oddly, it doesn't run on my PC yet (despite the fact it's technically got the same specs as my laptop, which can run it just fine) I played a few people matches but mostly bot matches - I like playing the support class characters a lot, but I really want to learn Widowmaker. I've always wanted to get good with sniper characters - here's my chance lol

Pretty much every DLC is free from what I heard... unless some sort of expansion comes out which will be nice either way to keep me hooked on it for awhile. (I could be wrong on that however so please correct me if I'm wrong here.)

On another note, I've been playing a lot of D.Va lately, and surprisingly, if you play her right she's actually a pretty fun character to use. Speaking of which one of these matches happened with myself and my boys here.

Anyhow, been having a ton of fun
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
D. Va is underrated and fun. I think the problem is people don't play her the right way. Her flight gives her good mobility, her shield can shut out a barrage of weapon fire, and the fact that her mech doesn't need to reload amp can give you an edge in close quarters.

She's a big target, though, and she's probably going to lose her mech easily to a close up Reaper or a McCree fanning the hammer.

Her ultimate is great for clearing objectives, too, if they don't die they run (or if they are Reinhardt, they block and it whiffs).
Thanked by: DioShiba
I want to play this game, but.
[Image: 25792823-Closeup-portrait-of-poor-broke-...-Photo.jpg]
[Image: 76561198059964992.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
So, out of curiosity, who here does have the game? I have it.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I don't have the game since I don't play first-person shooters. But to be honest, I don't think I've seen an FPS with such a vast and diverse selection of playable characters. They each have their own unique designs, and this alone makes me appreciate the work put into it as an aspiring character designer. Great stuff, Blizzard! Kyun Kyun Aidoru
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
(06-20-2016, 12:58 AM)JazzGW Wrote: I don't have the game since I don't play first-person shooters. But to be honest, I don't think I've seen an FPS with such a vast and diverse selection of playable characters. They each have their own unique designs, and this alone makes me appreciate the work put into it as an aspiring character designer. Great stuff, Blizzard! Kyun Kyun Aidoru

Yeah that's actually caught my eye since I started playing it too. The character selection is REALLY diverse - and I think it's going to get further diverse in later updates O_O

I own this game, and it runs real nice and real smooth on my new PC with my GTX 1080. However, I'm straight up donkey balls at this game and have gotten play of the game a total of twice and with Reinhardt (who I am literally obligated to playing for various reasons)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: miyabi95_
Honestly, I've been getting better with characters like Tracer and Genji.

Tracer I can play as because half the time you're more encouraged to stay focused on your target while using her blink and rewind abilities to move around and Genji is actually fun to play as because you can move around all over the map and use his shurikens and melee attack and screw with your opponents before going in for the kill. Plus his deflection ability comes in handy if you're dealing with Bastions and stuff. On that note I've gotten Play of the Game at least twice with Tracer.

Those two aside though I found myself playing with more characters than I ought to, there's never really one that I find myself sticking with too often as I started out. I might have to do some sort of review on this game because there are quite a few things that I really like about this game more so than other FPS games I've played.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I don't consistently get play of the game, but I'm also usually playing with people who do, and 9/10 times, I have gold for objective time if its payload.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I'm getting the game today. Not going to lie, i'm pretty excited.
[Image: 76561198059964992.png]
Thanked by: psychospacecow