Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
.STY (Style) file from PSX game [Who Wants to be a Millionaire]
Hi! Just downloaded jPSXdec. I am able to rip most of the sprites and sounds from most PSX games (like Ape Escape or Parappa the Rapper).

I have the italian version Who Wants to be a Millionaire - 2nd Edition, where the italian host reads every question and answer. I wanted to rip these sound files, but when I open the game in the program, I get these files:

[Image: i0DJye0.png]

I'm guessing PSX.STY contains all the game content, like voices, music or sprites.
I've been searching online the whole night about these .STY files, I downloaded a Style Player but it won't work.

So, I'm asking you: what excatly is a .STY file? How can I open and/or extract things from it? And, do you know other games that look like this?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad english ^^
Thanked by:
Hello, could you upload the selected file from the game? Check the third box and upload it to a hosting site and send a link maybe? That might aid us in helping your answer. Thanks! And, your English was probably better than mine! Tongue
~Anex
Thanked by:
(05-28-2016, 10:51 PM)Anex Wrote: Hello, could you upload the selected file from the game? Check the third box and upload it to a hosting site and send a link maybe? That might aid us in helping your answer. Thanks! And, your English was probably better than mine! Tongue
~Anex

Here is the file! ^^
Thanked by:
Hi Everyone! Sorry If I reopen this dead thread, but I need help too with this kind of file.
I've got the image of Who Wants to be Millionaire, and I would to save the speech audio files from the game; but when I open the file with JPSXdec, The only things in the BIN file are those 3 files.
Now, according to the dimensions of the files, the PSX.STY file is the file folder of all the game data, included the audio. I searched a lot on the Web, and I've found nothing about this format and some link with PSX Development files.
Hypotizing also that it could be a fake format, maybe a alteration of a STR format extension, I also tried to modify the format and tried to read it with some PSX Ripping program, but It isn't recognised. Moreover, opening the SLES_039.17 file with Notepad++ I could see that into this file are nominated other STY files, probabily contained into PSX.STY, and some .psm file as video intro; and this makes me think that this format is just unknown, but not wrong.
However, this is probably a Compressed file format, but I still haven't found some program able to read it. Does anyone know something about this kind of file and how to open it? Ouch!

I hope someone can answer us soon, thanks in advance Content
Thanked by:
(09-17-2020, 11:14 AM)Brebozio Wrote: Hi Everyone! Sorry If I reopen this dead thread, but I need help too with this kind of file.
I've got the image of Who Wants to be Millionaire, and I would to save the speech audio files from the game; but when I open the file with JPSXdec, The only things in the BIN file are those 3 files.
Now, according to the dimensions of the files, the PSX.STY file is the file folder of all the game data, included the audio. I searched a lot on the Web, and I've found nothing about this format and some link with PSX Development files.
Hypotizing also that it could be a fake format, maybe a alteration of a STR format extension, I also tried to modify the format and tried to read it with some PSX Ripping program, but It isn't recognised. Moreover, opening the SLES_039.17 file with Notepad++ I could see that into this file are nominated other STY files, probabily contained into PSX.STY, and some .psm file as video intro; and this makes me think that this format is just unknown, but not wrong.
However, this is probably a Compressed file format, but I still haven't found some program able to read it. Does anyone know something about this kind of file and how to open it? Ouch!

Opening files like that in Notepad++ is not the best plan, but rather use a hex editor. "SLES_039.17" is just a PSX executable file. Were you able to find the "PSX.STY" file in your file system?
Thanked by:
(09-17-2020, 04:38 PM)Pingus! Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 11:14 AM)Brebozio Wrote: Hi Everyone! Sorry If I reopen this dead thread, but I need help too with this kind of file.

Opening files like that in Notepad++ is not the best plan, but rather use a hex editor. "SLES_039.17" is just a PSX executable file. Were you able to find the "PSX.STY" file in your file system?

What do you mean? Because I was able to find it by jPSXDec and, converting the image in ISO, by opening it using the Windows File Explorer.
Do you think that opening this kind of file with a hex editor can allow me to extract the audio files from it? What hex editor program do you suggest?
Thanked by:
Upload the STY file.
Thanked by:
(09-19-2020, 08:38 PM)Pingus! Wrote: Upload the STY file.

OK, done Genki ^_^
Here it is Big Grin
Thanked by: