Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fawfulthegreat64's Creations
I would just keep posting in the stickied drawings thread, but some of my stuff isn't really drawing. So here we are. I'll just post all my art here from now on, regardless of what it is (unless it's sprites of course, but I am horrible at custom spriting)

My most recent work: A fake box-art for Paper Mario HD Trilogy for Wii U

[Image: paper_mario_hd_trilogy_by_fawfulthegreat64-da3cdn1.png]

I considered posting this to VGBoxArt, but I don't have a back for it, and I'm pretty sure making one would degrade the rest of the box since I suck at making backs. But anyway. I'll post more later. Feel free to comment on this for now.
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
(05-21-2016, 03:55 AM)fawfulthegreat64 Wrote: I would just keep posting in the stickied drawings thread, but some of my stuff isn't really drawing. So here we are. I'll just post all my art here from now on, regardless of what it is (unless it's sprites of course, but I am horrible at custom spriting)

My most recent work: A fake box-art for Paper Mario HD Trilogy for Wii U

snip

I considered posting this to VGBoxArt, but I don't have a back for it, and I'm pretty sure making one would degrade the rest of the box since I suck at making backs. But anyway. I'll post more later. Feel free to comment on this for now.

Thought this was real for a second :' (, It certainly looks like the real deal, nice work.
Thanks! I made a back for it but the presentation isn't right yet. I will hopefully get that up soon.
Thanked by: Nitwitsworld
Done and uploaded to VGBA.

[Image: 74938-paper-mario-hd-trilogy-full.png]
That's impressively legit looking.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
Thanks! Here's high-quality artwork of Flavio from Paper Mario: TTYD (The only "official" artwork of him that I can find is really low-quality and small)

[Image: fancy_pants_by_fawfulthegreat64-da3w5mm.png]
Bowser wants to know where his Clown Car is...

[Image: stolen_ride_by_fawfulthegreat64-daeiyt0.png]
Something I made to celebrate the return of the REAL Paper Luigi after he was absent in Sticker Star.

[Image: paper_luigi__color_splash_style_by_fawfu...ajpgil.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, Nitwitsworld
Did Mario in the same style and made a little scene with both of them and some others.

Apologies for the white background around the circle, Imgur decided the image was too big for transparency/PNG so it turned it into a shitty JPG.

[Image: R3DBVtQ.jpg]
And now for a preview of a very special box art remake I'm working on.

[Image: return_by_fawfulthegreat64-dak0fqn.png]
How did you create that? It looks like you used a CGI modeling software for that!
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Fawfulthegreat64
The environment was made in Photoshop by carefully cutting, skewing, shading and changing the hue of cardboard textures, and applying a drop shadow where necessary. Except the pipe, which was just official artwork from Color Splash.
Thanked by: E-Man, psychospacecow
Wow, you fooled me pretty well! I'm curious to see what other Photoshop tricks you have in store for us.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Fawfulthegreat64
Actually I was surprised at how it turned out as well. I've never considered my work to be amazing. And without a base to reference, I can't do jack. But thanks!
Spoilering these in case anybody here doesn't like completely baseless shipping that is entirely based on headcanon.

Thanked by: Nitwitsworld