Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokkén Tournament Model Ripping Project
[Image: CiTLB_8XAAAdYIe.jpg:large]

Thanks to the combined efforts of Sammi-Husky and Dantarion (with a starting push from CHEMI6DER), we can now get at the files from Pokkén Tournament / Pokémon Tekken! Since the model format is practically the same as Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's, it didn't take that long for me to write up a model importer.

You'll want both the model files and my MaxScript if you wanna join in on this. I've already put a few claims on things I'm planning to rip myself, but of course anyone else is welcome to join in (if not, I'll probably rip everything else myself at some point in time). Also, I would recommend scaling the models up to 5000% size (the scale I'll be using for my rips) since they're originally really tiny.

For our rips, we should group together the main model, alternate costume, and Mega Evolution (alternate costume) into one package, right?

Edit: Oh, and dibs on Shadow Mewtwo!
Some guy who just lurks this place nowadays.
Which version of 3ds max would this script work best in? also I'd like to call dibs on Pikachu Libre.
Thanked by:
(05-13-2016, 07:54 PM)Hallowpape Wrote: Which version of 3ds max would this script work best in? also I'd like to call dibs on Pikachu Libre.

I would assume that it'd work best in 3DS Max 2012 and before, since that's the versioning that his scripts are designed for. They do seem to work with 3DS Max 2015, though!
(05-13-2016, 07:56 PM)nobody231 Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 07:54 PM)Hallowpape Wrote: Which version of 3ds max would this script work best in? also I'd like to call dibs on Pikachu Libre.

I would assume that it'd work best in 3DS Max 2012 and before, since that's the versioning that his scripts are designed for. They do seem to work with 3DS Max 2015, though!

Thanks, just wanted to make sure before grabbing a new student license.
Thanked by:
Based on my rips, it seems that the spec maps are obtained the same way that they are in Sm4shU. So keep that in mind! Luckily, the diffuse textures come pre-detailed, so no need for that stuff.

EDIT: RTB says differently:
(05-13-2016, 08:21 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 07:15 PM)nobody231 Wrote: Another question: Are the spec maps hidden in the alpha transparency of the normal maps? I'm guessing they are, because this is the same exact format as Sm4sh.
Yes and no. The alpha channels of the normal maps seem to be for specular power, but there's also a third texture that's used for specular colour -- it's the one that's not automatically loaded in when you import the model.
Thanked by:
#038 Ninetales
#038 Ninetales
#133 Eevee
#133 Eevee
#196 Espeon
#196 Espeon
#197 Umbreon
#197 Umbreon
#700 Sylveon
#700 Sylveon

Got my "Support" claims done.
Thanked by: DogToon64
I finished Pikachu Libre a little while ago, was waiting till you got the game up, I'm still not 100% sure about the textures however.

Pikachu Libre
Pikachu Libre

also just submitted.
Thanked by: DogToon64
Dibs on Lucario! Smile
[Image: isjKn6S.gif][Image: zS0iZNp.gif][Image: p6Du68m.gif][Image: y4D0Gst.gif][Image: rGwBN4t.gif]
I don't know how to apply the bump maps for Super Mario Maker
PLEASE PM me if you know how!  Smile
Thanked by:
mmm arnt bones supported? i get no bones when importing into max 2014.. tried both versions of the script too.
Thanked by:
Would someone here with the game unpacked like to quickly check on any background Pokemon for me?
I am curious too see if they have better textures/meshes then the 3DS games like the playable/support Pokemon.
If they are better, perhaps we could try ripping those too?
Thanked by:
(05-14-2016, 02:50 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: mmm arnt bones supported? i get no bones when importing into max 2014.. tried both versions of the script too.
It's supposed to, as long as the *.VBN files are in the same folder as the *.NUD (just like with SSB4U's models).

Anyway, I've updated the script to fix the problems with certain stages (which I've also uploaded to the model collection). Speaking of which, I don't know how they animate, considering they have no real bones or rigging information... Hrm.

(05-14-2016, 05:05 AM)fridge225 Wrote: Would someone here with the game unpacked like to quickly check on any background Pokemon for me?
I am curious too see if they have better textures/meshes then the 3DS games like the playable/support Pokemon.
If they are better, perhaps we could try ripping those too?
I'd say "worse" overall. Most of them have one 128x128 texture, have no alternate expressions, and seem to be pre-posed. And lack the texture details that the playable/supports have.

(EDIT: The polygon counts for a few of the background Pokémon I checked are either the exact same as X/Y's models or pretty close to it, so they're probably based off of those.)
Thanked by:
To RTB:

I imported Mega Lucario into 3DS Max with your script, but this is what I got. AFAIK the only guide on this is this guide, but it doesn't describe textures.

Also, please let me still have my claim on Lucario. I'm highly inexperienced, but I want to learn.
[Image: isjKn6S.gif][Image: zS0iZNp.gif][Image: p6Du68m.gif][Image: y4D0Gst.gif][Image: rGwBN4t.gif]
Thanked by:
Now I've finished ripping the base Shadow Mewtwo, time to get working on the Mega Evolution (and alt mega).
Thanked by:
(05-14-2016, 05:05 PM)nobody231 Wrote: Now I've finished ripping the base Shadow Mewtwo, time to get working on the Mega Evolution (and alt mega).

Not sure if the following belongs here, but could you tell me how you applied the textures?
Thanked by: