Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help! How do I make my own Pixel Art? What program to use?
I need some help. I wanna get into pixel art REALLY badly and I don't know where or how to start. What programs do I need and how do I actually make Pixel art? Any videos or anyone that can Skype and help me?
Thanked by:
If you have a windows OS

[Image: Contentulations.jpg]

While it seems like something to avoid like the plague, MS Paint is actually a very versatile tool. Just zoom down, start blotting pixels with the pencil/paintbrush and AWAY YOU GO!

However... New Versions of MS Paint aren't as good at Pixel art

Luckily... There is a downloadable Windows XP Version
http://www.mspaintxp.com/ *credit to Recme for link*

Happy Spriting
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
it can be done with any graphics editor that supports per-pixel editing.

photoshop even could be used, although using that for pixel art is a tad questionable in the majority of cases.

I personally use paint dot net

there's honestly too many programs out there to list, so really, find one you're comfortable with and use that.

Kinda similar to software development, there are all kinds of code editors and development tools, and each programmer tends to have a preference towards certain ones.
Thanked by:
I can also recommend Piskel (which is free), and aseprite (which isn't free if you want the latest versions, but it is pretty inexpensive at $15). Both were made for creating pixel art, and are pretty good.
I like sunglasses. Sunglasses are cool.  B)
Thanked by:
My friend showed me piskel.
However, I'm a tad disappointed with how some of the features actually work.
(for example, color palette isn't actually bound in any way to the pixel data, unless there's something I missed.)

Asperite I know literally nothing about besides it exists, so no comment, there.
Thanked by:
(05-11-2016, 08:44 PM)Hiynastrike Wrote: While it seems like something to avoid like the plague, MS Paint is actually a very versatile tool. Just zoom down, start blotting pixels with the pencil/paintbrush and AWAY YOU GO!

However... New Versions of MS Paint aren't as good at Pixel art

Luckily... There is a downloadable Windows XP Version
http://www.mspaintxp.com/ *credit to Recme for link*

Happy Spriting

Yep. I use also MS Paint.  Wink But as you would learn different style sprites as example. Megaman 1 6 to Megaman 7. You might to good seen how the graphics looks. And then you can make your own custom game style again. Please do not edits. Unimpressed You must learn it from scratch.   Big Grin scratch means for self maded sprite. Unsure Edits is only used for as your Megaman protagonist has take her soul or biometal I mean how do it. Embarassed But here is an advice to how to make your own known game style.  Content
[Image: tumblr_nq85s2bmIY1rjxyrgo2_400_zpspvjrjo91.gif]

Spriting is my thing. Unimpressed And scratched is the best. Embarassed
Thanked by: