Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Star Fox - the anime
Shocked 
So now that it's out, what do you think? And will we see any more of it besides this one "episode" ?!? Content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA2-0nTxaGg
Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic. Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?
Thanked by:
Maybe, maybe not. Historically, Nintendo has always outsourced shorts like these to animation studios. I'd assume that's pretty expensive and Nintendo would have to jump through hoops to make sure their franchises are properly represented. Not to mention, the short we got was a pretty self-contained story and anything more would probably spoil Star Fox Zero.

With that being said, we got six Kid Icarus: Uprising shorts so it's not an impossibility.
Thanked by:
Honestly I wish Nintendo would make series like these for their properties. Sega has Sonic Boom and Capcom is going to have Mega Man. A series about one of their properties would be awesome.

Like this short or the Kid Icarus stuff.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
I saw it. Thought it was okay; the animation could use some work though. It looked like it was lagging or skipping the entire time. It's incredibly strange, especially considering its cell shaded CGI.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: DragonDePlatino
After watching it, I agree that it should get picked up as a on-going series. Nintendo has rejected so many good ideas, it's irritating.
Did you know they said no to Archie for potential Mario, Kirby and Metroid comics? That's such a letdown, especially to fans.
I'd even kill for a Metroid anime series that explores the series' universe more.

While the Start Fox short was good, the animation really bugged me for some reason. Like how the team, General Pepper and his guards were cell-shaded CGI models while the civilians, evil monkey dude, and Andross were completely 2D. Clashes way too much if you ask me.
Still liked it, though.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:
It was a fun video. Nothing mind-blowing but still pretty cool to see Star Fox characters in animated form. Definitely gets ya excited for the new game, so good job Nintendo marketing.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
I found it interesting how the main cast sticks out like a sore thumb among all the background characters (like the ones seen in Lylat city). I guess it's a good design choice, but I personally like the more traditional-looking background characters. They had the anime human+anthro style used in Solatorobo and whatnot. Starfox and co look like animatronics compared to them xD.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
It was alright. Pretty sure it's already been said it's just a one-off.

Nintendo has had cartoons in the past. More recently being Kirby (which sucked - get it?).

And well Sonic Boom is awful and no doubt the Megaman cartoon will be awful. So, I'm fine with Nintendo not making awful cartoons. Because they would be.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: