Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Frogger (1997) Sprites/Textures
I've been trying to extract the sprites and textures from the PS1 Frogger game but the sprites only come out in black and white and the textures just don't show up at all.

Thanked by:
I can view the practically identical PC version's just fine and in colour via TextureFinder v2.1 (settings details on post - the camera icon saves the image), and flawlessly too if I break up the .vlo files (material packages) with this QuickBMS script first.
For extracting the game's archive to access the flies, see here.

Cheers!

You know what the best part about all this is? This is my first time in this section, you made this post a few days ago, and lo and behold I'm almost the only one who would of had an answer. Tongue

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanked by:
(04-11-2016, 03:18 AM)Segatendo Wrote: I can view the practically identical PC version's just fine and in colour via TextureFinder v2.1 (settings details on post - the camera icon saves the image), and flawlessly too if I break up the .vlo files (material packages) with this QuickBMS script first.
For extracting the game's archive to access the flies, see here.

Cheers!

You know what the best part about all this is? This is my first time in this section, you made this post a few days ago, and lo and behold I'm almost the only one who would of had an answer. Tongue

thank you but when I open these they still look squashed/distorted? is there something else I need to do to make them look more normal?
[Image: tumblr_inline_o563kzphZq1rwyy1i_500.gif]
Thanked by:
Play around with the width slider until the image matches up, and for the colours to be correct (98% of the time), set the shift slider to 1.
If you haven't broken up the .vlo files with the QuickBMS script I mentioned yet, do it. It rids everything of all distortion/skew that may sometimes be uncorrectable when it is all packed together as one.

Mind you, taking a peek into the unpacked .vlo file first to see what they contain so you can get exactly what you want instead of going through each extracted file individually is a good idea.
Thanked by:
(04-12-2016, 01:52 AM)Segatendo Wrote: Play around with the width slider until the image matches up, and for the colours to be correct (98% of the time), set the shift slider to 1.
If you haven't broken up the .vlo files with the QuickBMS script I mentioned yet, do it. It rids everything of all distortion/skew that may sometimes be uncorrectable when it is all packed together as one.

Mind you, taking a peek into the unpacked .vlo file first to see what they contain so you can get exactly what you want instead of going through each extracted file individually is a good idea.

I did break up the vlo files but the dat files that come out of them still look unrecognizable when viewed in texturefinder
Thanked by:
Does this help at all?
https://youtu.be/-YCk5O5_N6w
Thanked by:
(04-13-2016, 02:03 AM)Segatendo Wrote: Does this help at all?
https://youtu.be/-YCk5O5_N6w

think I've got it all figured out now thank you so much
gonna take a while to get these all sorted out though haha
Thanked by:
Haha, well glad I could be of assistance!
Thanked by:
the sprites I ripped for the pickups got rejected even though it's a direct rip some just look bad naturally for some dumb reason

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
Explain that in a reply to the rejection PM. Whoever rejected it should hopefully understand and then say whether you should submit it again.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: