Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
In need audio transcription
I've been transcribing a lot of audio files recently (some of which I got from this site tyvmbtw) for a personal project I've been working on but it's so mind-numbingly tedious that I can't be bothered to transcribe the remainder anymore.
I have roughly 1 hour and 40 minutes of audio left, and I’d like them transcribed into spreadsheets according to their filename, all are included in a .txt file organised by filename in their respective folders for easy importing. I'd like the transcriptions to be done in spreadsheet format preferably on google drive for easy sharing, and examples can be found here and here. All the files are in .ogg format and in perfect quality, as I've directly extracted them from their respective games. There’s not much of a rush for this but I’d still like it done before the end of April. Seeing as the average rate for transcription is $1 per minute of audio, that'll probably be the price I'll be going with. The files can be found here, but please don't upload them elsewhere. I'll do that myself in my own time.
Post here or PM me if you need more details.
*Lurks*
Thanked by:
(04-01-2016, 08:19 AM)souperzombie Wrote: I've been transcribing a lot of audio files recently (some of which I got from this site tyvmbtw) for a personal project I've been working on but it's so mind-numbingly tedious that I can't be bothered to transcribe the remainder anymore.
I have roughly 1 hour and 40 minutes of audio left, and I’d like them transcribed into spreadsheets according to their filename, all are included in a .txt file organised by filename in their respective folders for easy importing. I'd like the transcriptions to be done in spreadsheet format preferably on google drive for easy sharing, and examples can be found here and here. All the files are in .ogg format and in perfect quality, as I've directly extracted them from their respective games. There’s not much of a rush for this but I’d still like it done before the end of April. Seeing as the average rate for transcription is $1 per minute of audio, that'll probably be the price I'll be going with. The files can be found here, but please don't upload them elsewhere. I'll do that myself in my own time.
Post here or PM me if you need more details.

If you can show me an image of what this transcribing looks like I can look into doing it, though I will probably only do 100 per day.
Thanked by:
I put examples of transcriptions I've done myself in my earlier post (here and here).
*Lurks*
Thanked by:
To elaborate, transcription is the process of writing (or typing) out the actual words from a recording. So if you had a voice clip from a game of one of the characters saying "Hey, follow me over here!", the transcription would literally be what I just wrote in quotes.
Thanked by:
(04-01-2016, 03:44 PM)Petie Wrote: To elaborate, transcription is the process of writing (or typing) out the actual words from a recording. So if you had a voice clip from a game of one of the characters saying "Hey, follow me over here!", the transcription would literally be what I just wrote in quotes.
Ah, thank you! I will look into doing this, should be tedious but its work I can get paid for.
Thanked by:
I will have to pass on that, I would do it for a dollar every 30 seconds but a dollar for every minute is not enough for my tastes. If my offer isn't good for you I wish you the best.
Thanked by:
(04-03-2016, 07:48 PM)TheWinter Wrote: I will have to pass on that, I would do it for a dollar every 30 seconds but a dollar for every minute is not enough for my tastes. If my offer isn't good for you I wish you the best.

Yeah, no thanks. I'm not so desperate that I'm going to pay double.
*Lurks*
Thanked by: gotham
Hi. I know this is a long, long time after you wanted it, and I'd take a while to do it, because I'm busy with school right now, but I was wondering if your request is still open, or if you finished it already?
Check out my website for more info on what I do: My Website Wink
Thanked by:
I don't think it's a good idea to reply to a commission thread 1 year after to see if the commission is still available.
Thanked by: Windhunter7