Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripped some Gamecube Models. Don't know how to export as obj.
Tongue 
So I just used Dolphin to export all the files for Shrek 2 on the Gamecube.
I searched through the files and found a folder called "levels"
I want to extract the level for level 1 and put it in Blender.
The levels are in folders numbered 00 - 26. 00 must be Where are the pre-rendered logos are, though I don't know if that is in the same level as the title screen, so Level 1 may be in 01 or 02.
When I open up any levels I am greeted by more folders:
-cinema
-music
-npc
-voice
Below these folders are 4 things split up into a few files. The first 3, gameb, gameplay, and scene, have 3 files that have the extention of .def .gcs .ngc. The fouth item, sceneb, only has a .def and a .ngc file.
The folders Music and Voice aren't any use to me, so I'll just cover -cinema and -npc
-cinema contains .dsp .npb .cib files. The file names range from 01 to 08 and have 1 of each of those file extentions with that name
-npc contains more .dsp and .cib files, though the objects have random and wacky names. Lower down in the folder are .npb files that number from 01-97

I have no idea what any of these file types are, though .dsp sounds familiar. I would like to know what all the file names are for so hopefully I can be directed to getting the model and the textures for the level (though I think textures are in another folder, I can just use Dolphin to Rip them from the level anyways) I would also like to know what software I could use to view these models (or at least) export them to a file type Blender could use.
I know 3rd party games may use different files than normal Nintendo games, but hopefully there is a way.
Thanked by:
Try using Noesis model ripper it may help you to view models and also convert them to another format. Noesis has a pretty big library of what it can convert so that may be your best bet!
Thanked by: DabbitDaMips