Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tyrian
Not sure if anyone can help me with this, since this is a MS-DOS game. I just want to rip the menu graphics for the ships.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
Not exactly understand what you need to be ripped - star ship parts, like guns, shield, generator, sidekicks or something else?

[Image: db511653872c1fed0f39831da992d9fd.png]

Game resolution was set to 320x200.
Thanked by:
No, not those, I mean the large graphics:

[Image: npYRzVs.png]

The ones on the left.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
Try to ripping, but ship border and background has one color, and if delete background, we will have not ideal edges.

[Image: a171bed78071312690c2d187a5af7227.gif]
Thanked by:
We've allowed that before with NES games? Or alternatively, you could re-add the black border in paint or something.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by:
(03-26-2016, 11:47 AM)Witch Wrote: Try to ripping, but ship border and background has one color, and if delete background, we will have not ideal edges.

[Image: a171bed78071312690c2d187a5af7227.gif]

The problem is that those things above the ship are separate sprites. Isn't there any way to rip directly from the game's files or something?

I have the GOG version, by the way.
Thanked by:
Tyrian was what, Apogee?
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
Epic Games
Thanked by:
Is Tyrian the same as Tyrian 2000? I ask because I got my hands on 2000 and some of the files could be viewed in TiledGGD, no palettes but some tilesets.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
Thanked by:
Yes, same game.
Thanked by:
So, any luck with this?
Thanked by:
Sprites and stuff are in the *.DAT files and Palette.DAT seems to be all the palettes. I believe it was 3bpp RGB but the background doesn't disappear with the Alpha Channel and the palette seems to be too dark to be helpful.

EDIT

Looks like the tile size for Tyrian is 24x28, but you can't just set and rip as is because there is a 1 byte gap that misaligns the next sprite.
Thanked by:
So, I could find graphics on the SHAPES dat files, but those are all background tiles. Not sure if the other dat files have viewable graphics.

EDIT: By looking at the creator's files, I think what I want could be on the ESTSC.SHP. The only other files left are the LEVELS dat files.
Thanked by:
You could try looking up hacking or mod tools for Tyrian.
Thanked by:
Maybe there's some way of deactivating the front weapon and generator?
Thanked by: