Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to rip sounds (not voices or instruments) in Super Mario Galaxy
Hello again,
so I checked the Sounds Resource for Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, and I was shocked that absolutely nobody even tried to rip the sound effects.

So I would like to rip the sound effect for the Galaxy Spin myself, but I have no idea how to do that.
Would like to have help there. Thanks in advance!
Thanked by:
(03-14-2016, 09:50 PM)MandL27 Wrote: Hope this doesn't count as a bump.
Would it be too much to request the overworld models for Legendary battles or meetups? I'd use them for gen 3 battle backgrounds.

(03-18-2016, 02:05 PM)TrinitroMan Wrote: Hello again,
so I checked the Sounds Resource for Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, and I was shocked that absolutely nobody even tried to rip the sound effects.

So I would like to rip the sound effect for the Galaxy Spin myself, but I have no idea how to do that.
Would like to have help there. Thanks in advance!

Hey pal! Well firstly, you need to grab an ISO of the game. (Simply Google "Game Name" ISO) [can't link you to one sadly :/] and then we need to know the file format in order to help you rip these!
Thanked by:
Well, I already have the PAL ISO for SMG1 and the NTSC ISO for SMG2, since I wanted to hack SMG2 at one point (porting unused SMG1 galaxies to SMG2 and the like).
The output I wanted to have is WAV (because that's the format compatible with Game Maker that is commonly used for sound effects).
Thanked by:
Sorry for the doublepost, but I really need help right now, because I need the sound effect for the Galaxy Spin urgently.
So please, somebody help me already.
Thanked by:
Sorry for the triplepost, but oh my god, why is nobody helping me?
I really need the sound effect, and I really need it now.
So somebody please help me already...
Thanked by:
People help if they 1) can and 2) want to. Sometimes people don't know how to help, or don't have the time. There is no obligation for anybody to do so though, all help given here is purely out of good will. Demanding it is not appreciated.

In any case, if you upload some files from the ISO that might contain sounds then maybe somebody will be able to help you.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Yeah, but I don't even know how to do that.
Yes, I'm that much of a noob, and I really need the sound now, since I need it for a game which I want to release in a week and not later.
Thanked by:
(03-25-2016, 04:35 AM)TrinitroMan Wrote: Yeah, but I don't even know how to do that.
Yes, I'm that much of a noob, and I really need the sound now, since I need it for a game which I want to release in a week and not later.

Firstly, I need you to learn how to extract files out of an ISO. Google does wonders for this. Secondly, I need you to take the known sound archive/files and upload them a post a link. Then, we can help. Again, demanding will not help.
Thanked by:
Oh wait, extract files from ISOs? Now that's something I can easily do. Just give me a moment.

EDIT: Okay, so looks like I have already extracted everything from Super Mario Galaxy. But I cannot find the folder with all the sounds. In which folder should I look at?
Thanked by:
(03-25-2016, 01:25 PM)TrinitroMan Wrote: Oh wait, extract files from ISOs? Now that's something I can easily do. Just give me a moment.

EDIT: Okay, so looks like I have already extracted everything from Super Mario Galaxy. But I cannot find the folder with all the sounds. In which folder should I look at?
Could you upload the files on a hosting site and put a link to it here?
Thanked by:
You mean all the files?
Well, okay, but I would have liked to rip stuff myself, too.
If I get held by my hand all the time, I never learn something...
Thanked by:
(03-25-2016, 03:14 PM)TrinitroMan Wrote: You mean all the files?
Well, okay, but I would have liked to rip stuff myself, too.
If I get held by my hand all the time, I never learn something...

Yes all the files. I can then direct you on how to rip them. I won't actually rip them if you don't want.
Thanked by:
Okay, so where do I upload it? The WinRAR file is too big for SendSpace, sadly...
Thanked by:
(03-26-2016, 04:25 AM)TrinitroMan Wrote: Okay, so where do I upload it? The WinRAR file is too big for SendSpace, sadly...

Anywhere such as mega or another hosting site
Thanked by:
Sadly, Mega requires me to sign up, and that's a no-go for me.
However, I do have an idea.
AudioRes is where all sound-relevant files are stored, right?
If that's the case, then I can simply make a multi-part WinRAR file of that folder. Now that is something I can easily upload on SendSpace.
Thanked by: