Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rayman Adventures sprites
Hello guys !

Can you help me at ripping the Rayman Adventures sprites please ? I tried to do that myself but I didn't managed to, I don't really know what I could do now, asking it in this place seems to be the better thing to do. BTW : I'm an android user, not an iPhone one (in case you ask me to download something for ripping the Rayman Adventures sprites).

Thank you ! Big Grin
Thanked by:
I think the textures are stored in the .ipk files. I'm not sure about that anyway.
Thanked by:
ok, I did some quick research to see what platforms this is on.

IDK anything about IOS ripping, but the nice thing about Android ripping is that it is fairly straightforward, well... kinda, there are some cases that it's not.

So, you do have a regular computer, right?

The android version should be as simple as finding the .apk and the .obb (if any) online
At least, for acquiring the game, itself. However, the assets are not always so straightforward to get by.
usually, running the .apk and the .obb through any zip compressor besides the default, and extracting the contents. (I use 7zip, personally) If you're lucky, it's a bunch of .png files that are uniformly laid-out. But more likely (i think... ?), the .png's will not be in any use-able format, and they might even be embedded or encrypted into some proprietary binary file format. Then you not only have to find the .png's , but the animation data.

good luck!
That's all I can tell you, really.
mobile is not my specialty by any means, I just understand that android Can be easy simply because it is java based, thus the apps are typically nothing more than .zip files with a different file extension. I've also read somewhere that the .obb's can be encrypted, however I haven't run into this myself ... yet
Thanked by:
Well, there is a few textures in the local stuff but not everything! (I extracted the stuff from the apk and the obb with WinRar)

Also, the textures aren't stored in the .ipk files.
Thanked by:
(03-25-2016, 12:20 PM)Harpic Wrote: Well, there is a few textures in the local stuff but not everything! (I extracted the stuff from the apk and the obb with WinRar)

Also, the textures aren't stored in the .ipk files.

what kinds of files are in the .obb?
And even, the .apk?

the .ipk is the IOS version, right?
They could be in some other file format, in that case.
I wouldn't know what to do with those, though, sorry
Thanked by:
Hey. Well, the .IPK files appear in Rayman Legends too. :o It's sure the textures are there, because they are in the IPK files in Rayman Legends. I'm going to try to extract the .IPK files with a friend.
Thanked by:
O...K... then
You're kinda confusing me here.

Good luck, I guess
Thanked by: