Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Should I do Obi-Wan's Frames?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
0%
0 0%
No!
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

LEGO Star Wars The Video Game Sprites
Hello you guys! This is my first post on this place and as of recent I felt like joining this place is a good idea. It'll show my artistic skills with classic gaming sprites. History aside, the graphics I've always waited for was LEGO Star Wars The Video Game GBA Version's Graphics. I was then like "what the heck? Why not rip them yourself?" And then came my first rip ever. This is the most hardest rip I've done yet. In case you don't know it, it is the Yoda Message Screen Graphic. Anyway Thanks for reading! I hope we have a great community!

Graphics:

.zip   Cutscenes.zip (Size: 749.73 KB / Downloads: 350)

Rippers List:
DarkGrievous7145
I will do more graphics later. 
Work:
Yoda Message 100%
Obi-Wan 0%
Cutscenes 100%
TC-14: 100%
Hud Screen: 100%
Other:
Droids, Grievous - DarkGrievous7145 is doing the graphic. Clap hands for him!
Thanked by:
Well, this is one of my planned ripping projects.

I wanna tackle the entire game, for both 1 and 2

Cool!

I might be able to help at a later date, possibly.
I'll need to be shown the best way of doing this, however.
old school / classic games aren't necessarily the easiest to rip from.
You interested?
Thanked by:
(03-06-2016, 06:40 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: Well, this is one of my planned ripping projects.

I wanna tackle the entire game, for both 1 and 2

Cool!

I might be able to help at a later date, possibly.
I'll need to be shown the best way of doing this, however.
old school / classic games aren't necessarily the easiest to rip from.
You interested?

I ripped them with Visualboy by hiding backgrounds and taking screenshots in the emulator. It took alot of time but the hardest was the part of putting the animation in MS Paint (I'm a fan of XP Paint, its just me). I used Paint.net to Remove the black background. Overall Thanks! I am also planning to finish the game too. It is a strange game to play sense I am used to the home console version.
Thanked by:
(03-07-2016, 03:01 PM)newsuperhackboys Wrote: I ripped them with Visualboy by hiding backgrounds and taking screenshots in the emulator. It took alot of time but the hardest was the part of putting the animation in MS Paint (I'm a fan of XP Paint, its just me). I used Paint.net to Remove the black background. Overall Thanks! I am also planning to finish the game too. It is a strange game to play sense I am used to the home console version.

yeah, that is tedious...

i suppose there's no helping it, though.

I'm also used to the console version (gamecube, to be precise) , as this is what my brother-in-law has, and let me play when I still regularly went to his + my sister's house.
what i mean by tackle, though, is rip... I want to get everything ripped. Or at least, try. Just in case there was some confusion.
Thanked by:
NEWS Update: Ripped the cutscenes from this game, I have. Easy to do, it was!

.zip   Cutscenes.zip (Size: 749.73 KB / Downloads: 235)

I used Visual Boy and took several screenshots. I should mention that there is one error with the cutscenes in the game. In 10A (I've named the files) There is Episode II Obi-Wan. But in 11A It uses his Episode I Design. It is an obvious error but I  thought it was fun to mention!
Thanked by: DarkGrievous7145
UPDATE: I am not dead! I'm going to play this game right now and try ripping out sprites for Obi-Wan. I'll update you when the rip is done. Sorry for the wait.
EDIT: Well, Obi-Wan has tons of animations, so I won't do him just yet.
Thanked by: Pingus!
NEWS UPDATE: A new rip! TC-14! This took me a while for me to figure how to rip. I first used animiget to record Visual Boy. I also toggled of a few objects so Tee Cee doesn't run into something. (Tee Cee is that how you say it?) After ripping it, I made the source image for SpriteTracer 5. Then I cropped and use the Middle Option on the Layout of the rip. And now I am tired!  Ouch! 

Now I may missed a few frames, but if you are willing to try ripping out more of Tee Cee's Sprites and show me a picture, I happily put them into a sheet. C-3PO has more frames, but the game is pretty hard and I don't know how to get to the Level Select. It is harder on emulator.

Well I hope you enjoy it!  Big Grin
Thanked by:
can i call dibs on ripping battle droids, droidekas, and grievous?

might take me a few days to get started, though.
I am doing some stuff, but I might be able to get some time...
also, i would like to try tilesets. but we'll see what that ends-up being like.
Thanked by: newsuperhackboys
(04-25-2016, 06:19 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: can i call dibs on ripping battle droids, droidekas, and grievous?

might take me a few days to get started, though.
I am doing some stuff, but I might be able to get some time...
also, i would like to try tilesets. but we'll see what that ends-up being like.

Sure! You are now added to my rippers list!
Thanked by:
Well, I might not do those sprites, but we'll see...

Tiles I should be able to handle.

I decided to see if any of VBA's built-in ripping tools would be of any use on sprites, and... they're not.
Sounds like I must use your tedious method.

A problem I've observed, though : transparencies...
This game does that thing typical of a lot of isometric games, it renders certain sprites with partial transparencies if they're obstructing others you might need to see. Also, the windows on the first level are being rendered with partial transparency to show a piece of a planet (Naboo, I would assume?) and a starfield background texture to represent space.

Besides that, there's the particle effects that IDK if can be toggled yet. Something to consider when dealing with force-activated objects and stuff. I screwed around with a few of the layers but some seemed to do nothing.

I'm gonna try testing some stuff out before I go to bed.
Please keep the holds on the droids and grievous for now.

EDIT:
Particles cannot be turned-off... the only way to get rid of the force ones is by moving out of range.

The windows are safe, I made some mistakes on how they're rendered.

The conference table can be ripped via map viewer, i'll do that tomorrow/today/<screw it, staying up past midnight ruins all perception of time>

Partial transparency might not be correct term, look more like overlay blending mode or something. I noticed that the walls do not appear to show the floor tiles when they're obstructing another sprite, but they do show the other sprite they're obstructing, which to me seems like blending modes in action.

Anyways, that's all I have for tonight.
Tomorrow the real fun shall begin, unless my other projects end-up getting too chaotic.
Gonna update that thread, next...THEN bedtime...

And tiles I'll get once I find the correct palette.
Hopefully I can do that tomorrow
Thanked by:
NEWS UPDATE: A simple little rip of the HUD Objects. It is missing the numbers, so if someone could rip those out, thanks!

Fun Fact: The Studs and Lightsaber handle use the same exact palette.  Tongue
Thanked by:
(04-26-2016, 02:32 PM)newsuperhackboys Wrote: NEWS UPDATE: A simple little rip of the HUD Objects. It is missing the numbers, so if someone could rip those out, thanks!

Fun Fact: The Studs and Lightsaber handle use the same exact palette.  Tongue

i got the numbers
just now, actually.

i also have managed to grab those pressure plate things from the floor of the first level.
Thanked by:
So, slowly figuring something out...
or trying, anyways...

ignore the filename, it started out as a HUD rip, using the tile viewer. anyways, some sprites were ripped using the tile viewer, some were ripped using the OAM viewer.

I've figured-out the palettes for the environment tiles. It uses at least half of the available palettes...

As for ripping anything you interact with that has particles, safest bet is probably the OAM or tile viewer and animget. I'm not sure what to do with those. the tile viewer shows all of the tiles for any on-screen sprite, but the OAM viewer will have the right palette, as well as at least a partially assembled sprite. However, the OAM viewer is tedious to even find what you want, and there's a high chance of missing something. Tileviewer will get all frames, but could have wrong palette... But, I doubtpeople want those particles over the rips, so something is gonna have to be figured-out.

I'm gonna work on some other stuff, now. I'm gonna attempt to get the battle droid sprite tomorrow.

Also, I did find some cheat codes, but not sure if they're of any use circumventing just how difficult this game is. I actually suspect half the difficulty is in that it's a low-resolution '2.5D' port of what was originally a high-resolution 3D game. The screen is smaller, and it's harder to actually attack or shoot the way you'd like to. I am finding blaster characters are basically worthless in this game. But lightsaber characters aren't necessarily much easier to use. Overall, in terms of even the most basic gameplay, this game is no match to any of its counterparts.
Thanked by: newsuperhackboys
(04-26-2016, 11:06 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: So, slowly figuring something out...
or trying, anyways...

ignore the filename, it started out as a HUD rip, using the tile viewer. anyways, some sprites were ripped using the tile viewer, some were ripped using the OAM viewer.

I've figured-out the palettes for the environment tiles. It uses at least half of the available palettes...

As for ripping anything you interact with that has particles, safest bet is probably the OAM or tile viewer and animget. I'm not sure what to do with those. the tile viewer shows all of the tiles for any on-screen sprite, but the OAM viewer will have the right palette, as well as at least a partially assembled sprite. However, the OAM viewer is tedious to even find what you want, and there's a high chance of missing something. Tileviewer will get all frames, but could have wrong palette... But, I doubtpeople want those particles over the rips, so something is gonna have to be figured-out.

I'm gonna work on some other stuff, now. I'm gonna attempt to get the battle droid sprite tomorrow.
Great! I'm going to add that to the hud sheet:

Thanked by:
ok.

And I forgot I have stuff to do today, so I'll be making no progress till at least 1 or 2.
edit: even MOAR stuff, at least 3 or 4

Might I ask why you didn't get the numbers yourself, though? Unable to find them? Tedious?
Just curious.
Thanked by: