Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping a flash game: Hitsuji Chronicle (PC)
It's a turn-based harem rpg, but I can't get my hands on the .sfw-file:
Warning: NSFW
http://www.nutaku.net/games/hitsuji-chronicle/play/

I'm already playing it, but I have no luck so far.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Well, umm...

that's quite the... interesting game.
I have managed to get some .swf's

(by the way, typical of MMO's, it's split into several smaller files)

At time of typing this, I have encountered an error. I shall attempt to re-log.
Getting the .swf's should be easy, but as for what you intend to do with the game, I'd like to know, like, what type of resources, and are you intending to submit them?

I'm about 90% sure there could be some breaches of site policy here, as while NSFW is allowed, this game obviously is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY nsfw... as is the whole site. I'm not saying I won't help you here, but I'd be careful what you rip and submit, if anything.

I'll leave it ultimately up to the staff to decided what to do, here.
But it looks to me like there's at least some content that cannot be posted, even as NSFW...

I do suggest removing that link, but idk...
This also is up to the staff here to decide.

I am going to attempt to re-load this, after saving a copy of everything I've logged.
I think also I shall be deleting some history tonight, my mom would probably KILL me if she found-out I was on a site/game like THAT!

Please reply to me asap, either via this thread, or by email.

@staff:
At least until Davy Jones, here has a chance to reply to my comment, may I suggest the minimum action to be taken be the removal of that hotlink? that, or notify him by PM if the thread is deleted/locked, that I am interested in helping, although some conditions as to how certain content, if ripped, is to be used?

EDIT: it seems the necessary actions have been taken, so this part of my post is no longer relevant
Thanked by:
Quote:Getting the .swf's should be easy
If it's that easy, how do you get the SWF on your harddrive? That's literally everything I need to know.
Thanked by:
(03-07-2016, 03:32 PM)Davy Jones Wrote:
Quote:Getting the .swf's should be easy
If it's that easy, how do you get the SWF on your harddrive? That's literally everything I need to know.

you simply must log the incoming http traffic for .swf's
Firefox web console or Fiddler HTTP debugging proxy work well for this.
However, web console does have a limit to how many things the log retains, and you'd need to go and manually download each file.
EDIT:
Fiddler enables you to select all the request/responses from the current browsing session, and download them all in one go.
Besides, you can save them to a session archive for future use.

Being that this is one of those online games, your most efficient method of attack would be locating their assets cache/index file, but these typically are encrypted. I've only successfully pulled the file/config databases from one online game so far. (and this is because the devs use like, NO ENCRYPTION or stuff on them... XD)

There does appear to be a semi-standardized naming convention for the files, too

A word of caution, though, IDK if any decompilers will struggle with these, but they're not "typical" SWF'S from what I can tell. They might be one of those new extra compressed ones, but I'm not sure. Check the file signature and note that...NONE! (and also that when viewed in a text editor, the contents don't look like your typical .swf, either) if That gives you problems, run the .swf's through 7-zip to decompress them. My decompiler seems to be able to open, them, but IDK if all of them can.
Thanked by:
So these tools only get the files from the current browsing session.

They don't give me access to the entire SWF, right?

Is it possible in any way to get the entire SWF file or at least the graphics pack? If yes, is there a tutorial on how to do it?
Thanked by:
The game is made up of several .swf's
So, no. sorry
The main .swf also appears to be, well, pretty lacking of content, actually.
It's all the individual asset .swf's that have anything good.

And I do believe I still have some questions of my own needed answered?
(Ideally in a PM)
And sorry if I seem pushy, there..

I have tried looking at some of the "JSON" things that were intercepted, but I cannot read them.
I'm pretty sure they're not actually even JSON. Unless they're its binary counterpart or something

While you couldn't get the whole game in one shot, if you could manage to locate (and if needed, decrypt or decompress) its asset databases , you'd effectively have a server map. But like I said, these usually are encrypted. There are a lot of HTTPS transmissions, I've observed, but I don't have Fiddler set-up to decrypt that, i tried to once before, and it caused a ton of errors.
Thanked by:
Quote:have you resolved this issue? or no?
Or are you scrapping whatever project you had in mind?

also, how long have you been playing this, and have you had any technical difficulties with it? I think there's stuff not working for me, but idk...

And another question, how did you find this game?
I must say, I'm impressed by the artwork.
The game is still a problem and no, I'm still ripping stuff from Astonishia Story. Played it like an hour, no technical difficulties.
Game itself is pretty boring and reason for ripping is just "let's find out if I get the graphics or not".

But yeah, this game is not easy enough to rip so I give up.

Thanks for the help, though.
Thanked by:
I've had black screens where there should be chats and stuff.

Games like this do take time, but ripping is pretty trivial, if you ask me.

no problem!
Thanked by:
Dropping in to say for future reference: please always label NSFW links, thank you. I've done it this time.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
(03-09-2016, 12:57 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Dropping in to say for future reference: please always label NSFW links, thank you. I've done it this time.

Wow, I was starting to think the staff apparently never noticed this thread... lol
I thought NSFW links/content, especially to the level of that site/game weren't even allowed anywhere here, though?
Thanked by:
It was linked for the purpose of trying to get help with ripping it, though.

I mean, I know where you're coming from. If another staff member thinks it should not be here at all they can remove it, but for now I feel that a warning is good enough.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: DarkGrievous7145
(03-08-2016, 02:56 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: I've had black screens where there should be chats and stuff.

So, apparently adblock plus caused this.

Not sure exactly why.

When I played this tonight, I made sure to clear the cache, first.
Failed.
Thought perhaps it was a performance error I couldn't solve, but then it hit me to do the almost certainly regrettable action of disabling adblock on the site. That seemed to work.
Thanked by:
Just to clarify, Davy Jones, you're like, totally done/giving-up on this, right?

Secondly, to correct some earlier statements of mine, they are run of the mill .swf's.
notepad doesn't like to view binary files correctly at all, and for some reason, it chose not to display the header.

Finally, I cannot say when/if anything will see submission here...most likely it will not. But, is it alright if I took over ripping from it? I've accumulated a large amount of session archives, already. Despite its flaws, I do find it an...interesting game, nonetheless.

As for the overall ripping process, it is actually pretty simple, 90+ % of this game is bitmap assets, either stored in container .swf's, or standalone in .png and .jpgs. data is sent primarily as json or as what appears to possibly be INI or a derivative of it. (this is a special case, though, most data is sent via json) I'm fairly confident, also, that a system can be devised for directly crawling/diving the assets server for files. They appear to follow a consistent naming scheme.
Thanked by:
Sutinoer sent me a link for a method how to get the files:
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-28425....hlight=swf
He even got some files ripped, but I told him that it would take me months to get there since I'm really busy with other projects (mainly Astonishia Story).

And acutally, I forgot that I want to rip from Black Sigil after I'm done with AS. So if anyone wants to rip from this game, feel free to submit the sprites to TSR.
Thanked by:
(04-24-2016, 09:51 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: Sutinoer sent me a link for a method how to get the files:
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-28425....hlight=swf
He even got some files ripped, but I told him that it would take me months to get there since I'm really busy with other projects (mainly Astonishia Story).

And acutally, I forgot that I want to rip from Black Sigil after I'm done with AS. So if anyone wants to rip from this game, feel free to submit the sprites to TSR.

I've just been using fiddler and grabbing them as they load, but I might start file-diving, soon, IDK...
'Months' would be an understatement. I just checked the size of my folder where I've moved all currently created .saz files, and there's like 687 megs of them. I also did extract one of the character .swf's ... once... whatever image compression flash is using on them is beyond what any of my compression software can do. a .zip or .7z with only images, and not even the very little code and shapes from a character .swf is larger than the .swf! Anyways, my current phase is dumping.

I want to rip, and already have plenty of files to rip from, but sure, I'll rip I'm still unsure, though, partially where the line is drawn on NSFW. There's plenty of content there that isn't NSFW, or at least, not the the extreme of what the game is truly about. But I'm not 100% sure if the game, itself, also is an issue.... I'm gonna ask a staff member or something. Depending on the answer, it might impact other rips I would like to do sometime.
Thanked by: