Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Using Blender?
So, I actually got Blender working on my laptop, and didn't kill it in the process!  Yay!

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to use it.  When I imported an .obj file from this site into it, I got the mesh, but no texture on it.  Is there a guide somewhere on how to use this?
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by:
Oh Jeez, if it's your first time using it and you're going straight to importing files, you're trying to run a marathon before learning to crawl.
Odds are you just need to switch the 3D view to textured instead of the default solid, I would strongly suggest looking up some beginner tutorials on Youtube, Blender is a Cool Time and it's exploding with features and options, but you've really got to start at the absolute beginning. Even just the interface needs a whole tutorial.

And that goes like a million times over if it's your first time dabbling in 3D, even the most simple 3D modeling programs require some fundamental knowledge.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:
If you want to add textures on models, if the .OBJ has a .MTL, switch to blender render and click the circle icon and change it to textures.
Without, go to cycles, select the model, click the circle on right bar, use nodes and select color then change it to image texture.
Hope this helps you.

Thanked by:
I did figure out how to get the textures to appear! But now I'm confused as to how to take a clean screenshot.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by: