Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Crappy games that you love anyway?
Wink 
Have you ever had one of those games you know is poorly crafted, bugged to the breaking point (pun intended), and you know deep down its crap? Yet you have a long childhood experience with it and its been in your collection for so long, you kinda love it anyway?

Leave your experience in the comments. Big Grin

Mine is probably Warpath: Jurassic Park. Its ok for a PSX game, but it has aged horribly, but I still like it XD
Thanked by:
[Image: 801734-930593_71228_front.jpg]
was my childhood game
[Image: jcKgJbX.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: billy-bob-s-huntin-n-fishin-usa-europe.png]
First game I ever played. It was actually pretty addicting, to be honest.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
[Image: ForbiddenMemories-Cover-EN.jpg]
I hate that I love this game. Its so laughably broken and nearly impossible to beat, reliant on a lot of lucky coin flips every turn. The card on the cover isn't even within reasonable distance of being useful because the last few boss characters (about 5 of them, with no saves between them) can summon monsters with 3500+ attack and the only way to beat them is a lucky trap or spell that completely nullifies your turn since you could only access your hand once per turn or beefing up a card up in 500 attack increments with spells to outpower the monster. One of the only reliable methods of beating the game relies on fusion summoning a 2800+ twin headed thunder dragon and buffing it up, because the thing accepts practically every equip card and gets the same field card benefits as some of the strongest monsters on account of being thunder (since the dragon boosting field was mountain which also buffed thunder.) The game didn't even have effect monsters or a proper draw mechanic. You would always have 5 cards in your hand no matter what.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: Zac
Moving to its right section
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: psychospacecow, puggsoy
[Image: Amazing_Island_Cube_Box.jpg]

I know some of the minigames are pretty bad (especially the ones that are just repeats) and the little GBA card game is pretty lame, and I even bought the game even after seeing a review for it on X-Play (which gave it a 2 out of 5), but I still have a soft spot for this game. I spent hours making monsters in this game, and I have a tendency to go back and make more. Plus, I think some of the minigames are actually kind of fun. It could just be the creative side of me that really likes this game.
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Virt, ~DrakoRero~
I think if I got back to Sonic Adventure 2, I'd still get hooked on the Chao Garden stuff. The game itself has aged better than the first Adventure, but it's not a post-2009 AAA video game quality (which isn't necessarily a bad thing to me).
(02-23-2016, 10:34 AM)Benny The Miraj Wrote: [Image: Amazing_Island_Cube_Box.jpg]

I know some of the minigames are pretty bad (especially the ones that are just repeats) and the little GBA card game is pretty lame, and I even bought the game even after seeing a review for it on X-Play (which gave it a 2 out of 5), but I still have a soft spot for this game. I spent hours making monsters in this game, and I have a tendency to go back and make more. Plus, I think some of the minigames are actually kind of fun. It could just be the creative side of me that really likes this game.

NA-NAAAAAAA

In the same vein, Magic Pengel. You create your own monsters to fight in a rock paper scissors battle with other monsters with types being determined by dominant colors. The battles are more interesting than RPS of course. You could only use a move type once (Attack, Magic, Block) which sounds like you could be locked into a losing cycle of you pick the wrong one first, but there's a fourth move (charge) that slightly heals you, gives a slight boost to your next choice and also resets your used moves.

The gameplay is actually pretty good. The voice acting is absolutely terrible, and the load times... Ugh, the load times are God awful. It takes so long to load a section of the city that it seriously puts the game into bad territory.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by:
I'd second the Sonic Adventure games. They're so unpolished and buggy, but they do have a charm to them lost on new Sonic games, but playing them again also always reminds me: "wake up dickass, it pretty much only gets worse from here".

In addition, I'd like to broadly mention " a bunch of terrible tie-in NES games", with specific examples such as Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street. I would spend rainy summer days with my cousins as a wee lad playing such games on my uncle's dusty old NES.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
The first Street Fighter arcade game is pretty fun and challenging, and the voices are hilarious. But from a historical perspective it's an arcade game that defines the general style of arcade games in the late-eighties and early-nineties. The ear-wrenching sound effects and music gives a very immature and odd impression, but when it comes down to actually playing the game, it's a fun romp through gaming history.
I love Yoshi's New Island and Sonic Lost World, who were said to be panned, or divided at very best.

But let's see, a really crappy game I love? Home Improvement for SNES. I blame the fact that it's my all time fav show. The game sucks balls, but I still enjoy playing it een though the premise is garbage. Playing as Tim fucking Taylor is too strong a temptation to resist.
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by:
Crappy games you say?

i love this one
Thanked by: Gors, puggsoy, Virt, Shade
I can't really think of any games I'd say were "crappy" that I enjoy, but I can think of a few that were pretty good that most people just didn't give a chance.

One such game would be Final Fantasy Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers for the Wii. Most people I've seen just panned over it for being "nothing like normal Crystal Chronicles games" or "just a big series of minigames" blah blah blah. But whatever, I mean those things aren't untrue, but they aren't actually BAD things. The game is actually really fun! And it has a good story too, with some surprisingly good VA even considering that it's just a small aside game.

Amidatelion is honestly one of my favorite characters in the entire Final Fantasy franchise.
Thanked by:
"Wario: Master of Disguise"
For its humor and sprites.

"Sonic Lost World"
For its attempts at making a 3D Sonic game with a Genesis feel.

"Donkey Kong Barrel Blast"
For creating awesome new Kremling characters.

"Code Name S.T.E.A.M."
For it's cast and story.

"Star Fox Adventures"
For its great visuals, characters, and voice acting.

Thanked by: BullockDS
I don't think most people consider Sonic Lost World to be a crappy game ... most people you hear from who have actually played it seem to think it was pretty good or at least decent. I think it just doesn't get a lot of attention because it doesn't have much to be complained about, and people looooove complaining about Sonic games.

Was Code Name STEAM considered bad? I never heard much about it after release but I know a lot of people were pumped up to play it ...
Thanked by: Kold-Virus