Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The first sprite i made -- Boxing Glove
So, since i'm not that good at spriting, i decided to make a simple boxing glove with a bit of shading and "T.K.O !" written below it.
[Image: EwpUg48.png]

Sorry if the image is too small.

It's pretty easy to make, but i'm pretty proud of the shading, it looks cool for me.
So, what do you think of it? And feel free to give me feedback or constructive feedback! I appreciate it!

Edit: The "T" looks pretty weird, i'll fix it one day.
[Image: NXh2n1n.png]
Thanked by: StevenB
(02-17-2016, 07:30 PM)LeftnRightLloyd Wrote: So, since i'm not that good at spriting, i decided to make a simple boxing glove with a bit of shading and "T.K.O !" written below it.

It's pretty easy to make, but i'm pretty proud of the shading, it looks cool for me.
So, what do you think of it? And feel free to give me feedback or constructive feedback! I appreciate it!

Your career is off to a good start Lloyd! I'm looking forward to more.

I like how you did the reflective outline on the bottom of the glove. For future spritework I suggest keeping up the practise with shading and lineart (make sure to go over a tutorial or two about making smooth outlines if you can) and keep expirimenting with colour pallets. For practise, maybe try limiting the amount of shades you put on your next sprites or so. The VG resource provides some helpful tutorials to get you started and make sure to create a map with spritework by others that you really like as a sort of 'Influences Map'. 

Happy spriting!
[Image: ybRTZvi.png][Image: uw21IJg.png][Image: isLKcbC.png]
Thanked by: LeftnRightLloyd
(02-18-2016, 09:00 AM)StevenB Wrote:
(02-17-2016, 07:30 PM)LeftnRightLloyd Wrote: So, since i'm not that good at spriting, i decided to make a simple boxing glove with a bit of shading and "T.K.O !" written below it.

Your career is off to a good start Lloyd! I'm looking forward to more.

I like how you did the reflective outline on the bottom of the glove. For future spritework I suggest keeping up the practise with shading and lineart (make sure to go over a tutorial or two about making smooth outlines if you can) and keep expirimenting with colour pallets. For practise, maybe try limiting the amount of shades you put on your next sprites or so. The VG resource provides some helpful tutorials to get you started and make sure to create a map with spritework by others that you really like as a sort of 'Influences Map'. 

Happy spriting!
Thank you so much!! That's really nice of you to say!
I'll watch some tutorials and do my best on my next sprites, thanks for the advice!
[Image: NXh2n1n.png]
Thanked by: