Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Were there any stuff that scared you in video-games?
Shocked 
Or any stuff that still scares you in Video-games?
For me, i used to get scared as hell from some mad octopus that could barely even speak properly in one of the Freddi Fish 1 cutscenes when i was really young, and i also got scared from the trees that stole your stuff in Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside (do you know a game with a longer title than this?), right when you enter the Land of darkness.

Oh, and i also got scared from lots of stuff from most Nintendo 64 games, like the Portrait Chompas on Mad Monster Mansion in Banjo-Kazooie, the piano that started biting you when you got close to it in Super Mario 64, and for some reason, King Kut-Out from Donkey Kong 64.
So, were there any things that scared you in Video-games?

Edit one: I found out the painting monsters are actually called "Portrait Chompa(s)", i also fixed some grammar mistakes, added some more lines, removed abbreviations and fixed some grammar mistakes because PRPR GRMR, and added some more things.
[Image: NXh2n1n.png]
Thanked by:
Super Metroid, Crocomire's bones.
First time beating the boss, see the flesh melt of the bones and being stuck until the next event occurs, which is the bones of that thing blasting through the wall for one last fake-out. I died 3 heart attacks that day.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
Discovering the secret warp room in Crash Bandicoot: Warped.

Seeing that Lab Assistant generator below the Time-Twister for the first time was... it was quite the experience.
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*
Thanked by:
I was going to bring up the SA-X, but then I noticed you said "still scares you". I'm not sure there's anything anymore.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by:
Crysallids in X-Com get to me. Nothing in that game scares me unless it can lift you by the chest with its jowls and impregnate your now zombified carcass.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I know google exists, but i'll post a picture of the octopus and the trees just because i couldn't find any good pictures, looking back at those they look like silly Disney movie villains, but they scared the crap out of me when i was young.

[Image: QM4MCOs.png]
[Image: Nnd7bHt.png]
[Image: NXh2n1n.png]
Thanked by:
Octabrain’s sound from Duke Nukem 3D, used to scare me a lot.
Thanked by:
Playing Ocarina for the first time and getting grabbed by Dead Hand's arms while the enemy is coming right at me.

[Image: Dead+Hand+Grab+Link+Ocarina.bmp]
Thanked by: Kriven
The Game Boy Camera had some freaky shit...

...At least, that's what went through my five-year-old mind at the time I played it :p.

There were also a few things about the visuals of Sonic 3D Blast that made me feel a bit unsettled.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
Cerberus hallway in Resident Evil.

Interrogation room in Resident Evil 2.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:

It scared the shit out of me the first time and I think I'll remember that voice forever. ('A`)
I'm so glad the N64 was so unintentionally good at making really scary shit.

What scares me to this day, though is the recent Mortal Kombat games' fatalities - well, not so much scare me as much as make me squirm around in my seat. All my friends think they're hilarious, but me? It's gross Cry
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: ~DrakoRero~, Kriven
Ah yes, there are quite a few gaming moments that are considered pure nightmare fuel to me, such as some of the 'Continue' and/or 'Game Over' screens/sequences in Donkey Kong Country, The Ooze, Skeleton Krew, and Batman & Robin (SEGA). Shocked
[Image: 45Yrb9j.png]
Thanked by:
The zombies from the well in Ocarina of Time. Without the game guide and the mental support from my father and my grandmother, I wouldn't have made it.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
The game over screen from the first Donkey Kong Country gave me the creeps when I was little.
Thanked by: Kosheh
(02-10-2016, 10:06 AM)MrYoshbert Wrote: The game over screen from the first Donkey Kong Country gave me the creeps when I was little.

Actually piggybacking off of this, I was always afraid to get a game over in DKC games because of this. 

I used to play around with a Game Genie with some of my games when I was younger, but the only game I really used it with was Super Mario World because it was too hard for me as a kid without infinite lives. One time I tried using it with DKC2 and I got the scariest error screen my little 8-year-old mind could process. 

[Image: e5d96b7470.png]
(I could've sworn the screen had a red overlay and said "An error has been detected." at the top, making it even more chilling)

I never used that Game Genie agan. I was horrified.

Sure I could've used a "master code" to work around it but oh my gosh the damage was already done lmao. I didn't want to be Diddy Kong in that image.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: miyabi95_