Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
AnimGet Can't Seem to Capture Steam Games
Hello there!  It's certainly been a while, but things might go in the direction of a new wave of sprites ripped by me, except that in this case, I'm not sure how I would.  I booted up Team Fortress 2 with AnimGet running; not that I actually wanted to rip from TF2, but it was a test.  Unfortunately, it failed; AnimGet only captured footage of my desktop.

The game I actually wanted to rip from is River City Super Sports Challenge: All-Stars Special.  Having tested AnimGet out on another game I already owned, I'm glad I didn't pop for it yet, but I'd still like to know if there's a way to rip from such a game; either with AnimGet or another program.
Thanked by:
Hard-ripping is pretty much never used for computer games (even for console games it's avoided if possible, nowadays). What you're gonna want to do is look into the game files and see if you can figure out how to grab the graphics from there.

If you need any help with file formats, upload the file (or multiple if possible) and we can see if we can help.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
That might be rather difficult, as I don't currently own the game. It's basically a remake of Crash N' the Boys, which already has a free remake available on PC. It does have a somewhat new style of graphics, and I'd like to support the Kunio series getting back onto it's feet, but absent a known ability to rip sprites I don't want to spend $20 on it. It should be noted that this was ported from PS3, which might mean no file folders that can be explored. Also strangely enough, the Steam Store page has vanished!
Thanked by:
I checked the files on the PS3 and remember finding the sprites, but it being very, very annoyingly organised so I gave it a miss. If you check the data of the game I'm sure you'll get your results...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Do you mean that exact game, or just PS3 in general? (I know basically nothing about PS3 files.)
Thanked by:
That exact game.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
Could you post a sample image, then?
Thanked by:
I've deleted the files - this was back when the game first came out in Japan. I would rip the files again but it's not exactly something I have the time or patience to do with my copy. I believe they're .DDS files though, should be easy to convert. Only thing I remember being unsure of was that they had weird transparent bits with unused data that wasn't visible when converted by some applications, and was with others. Hard to explain.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by: