Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Astonishia Story (PSP) - How to get the graphics?
Since Tinke can't do anything to Black Sigil (DS) because most of it is encrypted, I'm currently trying to get something from Astonishia Story (PSP) with TiledGGD.

It's a single ISO file and when I'm opening it with TiledGGD 2.0.3.0 (---> open graphics), it's just a black picture.

Is there anything I have to keep in mind when I'm working with PSP ISO files?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
PSP games can be opened with UltraISO, if I remember correctly; if you can use that, that would be easier than just dumping content from an iso Tongue
Thanked by:
Ok, I just dumped a BIN-file from the ISO (around 14 MB), it's also the biggest file and I guess all the graphics are stored inside.

Already tried MagicISO on the BIN to extract the contents, but it failed.

Also the PSN.PKG.Decryptor.&.Extractor.v1.85 doesn't do anything to the ISO itself since it needs a PKG file or a valid PSN PKG URL to start with.

Any other ways?
Thanked by:
Used Extractor 2.4 to extract a SWF file from a DAT file, which is even bigger then the BIN (~41MB). But when I open the file with JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler it shows only a header, a folder and some unknown IDs.

Ah yeah, exfavbin doesn't work too, it doesn't even start. It does with the zlib1.dll in its directory, but then it crashes. D'oh.
Thanked by:
Dazz Wrote:
Davy Jones Wrote:Hi Dazz,

since you're the biggest submitter for PSP games, you should know best how to rip such a game properly.

I already extracted the ISO completely and think that the DAT and BIN files contain the most. Can't do anything with the BIN, but I was able to get a SWF file out of the DAT file. Unfortunately, the SWF has only a header, a folder and some "unknown ID"s.

Have you an idea which tool might help?
I believe I tried to rip from this game previously, and had no luck. Sorry dude Sad
If even Dazz can't get files from this game, then I will have no luck either =/

nah, at least I tried.
Thanked by:
Have you tried Glintercept? Its a lot more work than extracting the files directly since you need to make the sprite appear on the emulator but it can get the work done.
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by:
You mean this?
http://spritedatabase.net/tutorial_ds.php

The method looks promising, but can Desmume play PSP games?
Thanked by:
No, but it seems to work with any programs that uses OpenGl. Im using Ppsspp, a psp emulator, and it works pretty well.
As said in the tutorial you linked, you just have to put the files of Glintercept in the same directory as the emulator and then you can change the settings in the gliconfig.ini.
Thanked by:
Ok, got the game to work and extracted the contents fo GLIntercept into the directory of PPSSPP. I'm using the 64-Bit versions of both. Also I changed ImageIcon { Enabled=True; to =False in gliconfig.ini like the tutorial described it.

But how can I rip the graphics now? It's not the same as with Desmume, is it?
Thanked by:
yup, it should be like with desmune. By default, it will be activated since the start of the emulator. Which isnt ideal since it greatly slows down the gameplay. 
To change that, find this part in gliconfig.ini:
Code:
LogPerFrame
{
 Enabled = False;
 FrameStartKeys = (ctrl,shift,f);
 OneFrameOnly = True;
}

and change it to this
Code:
LogPerFrame
{
 Enabled = True;
 FrameStartKeys = (f1);
 OneFrameOnly = True;
}
I also changed the key to make it start to "F1".
Put "Oneframeonly" to false if you want to record an animation rather than a single frame.
Thereafter, check in your emulator folder, and a file should have been created each time you activated glintercept.
Thanked by:
Made the changes you posted, but when I press F1, I get Folders like Frame_004191 and inside it is just a text file named glintercept.log:
Thanked by:
hmm, i had the same error. Do you have the latest version ppsspp? The problems fixed itself when i downloaded the latest version.
Thanked by:
Is version 1.1.1 the latest? I can't find a newer one.
Thanked by:
(01-23-2016, 04:51 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: Is version 1.1.1 the latest? I can't find a newer one.
Indeed, it is. If it still doesnt work, maybe its the version of glintercept that was in the tutorial that was outdated.
Edit: Heres the latest version of glintercept.
Thanked by:
Used Glintercept 1.1.0, but with 1.3.3 it's working now =)

I was able to rip tilesets, but it looks... different:
[Image: O516e0e.png]
Thanked by: