Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Big Angry RPG Maker Post
Big Grin 
I'm moreso making this as a vent/help me/anger thread because I am very unhappy, please move if in a baddie spot

So I buy RPG Maker VXAce years ago from the official site, everything is fine and dandy, until I stop using that computer for a while, and eventually get a new laptop sometime mid-2014. After going "Hey! That other laptop wasn't doing so great last I was on it, I should move over all my programs!" it's almost like that was the signal for something awful to happen. I go over to the old laptop (from before-2011, may I add) and it makes a clunky noise, then shows a harddrive error against a blackscreen upon barely starting up. I try again, multiple times, some tries worst than the first. It basically couldn't find the harddrive, and so 3 years-worth of unrescued files were down the toilet. And I had saved A LOT of files on that. (So much that it's probably the reason it died...oops).

AKA, my legal copy of RPG Maker was gone.

Not wanting to deal with having to buy it allover again, as it is like $70 USD (especially just after getting a whole new laptop), I go the lazy questionable route of getting a crack version. I mean, I had already paid before, right? The original problem eventually escaping my mind, I use this version of VXAce for a good amount of time, even coming up with 3 legitimate projects (AKA projects that aren't tests and aren't things I forget about by the next week).

So now we're at current time. Really proud and energetic about my works-in-progress, and finding out I had an account in an RPG Maker forum, I decide to start threads on them. But before posting anything regarding that, a quick scan thru the general rules stated that using pirated software would result in an instant ban. BIG PANIC MOMENT. In a freak-out moment, I go back to the official site, can I re-download the Maker for free? Or at least get a new serial key or something that's not basically 70 bucks? Sign-in fails. I check my email, and it shows I'm getting newsletters from the site -- on two email accounts, even. I do the "forgot password?" thing trying both emails. "Account not found", basically. What?? You mean to say I am signed up for RPG Maker news, downloaded various demos, BOUGHT A FULL PROGRAM, and I don't have an account? What? ....

I am really unhappy. Either way it looks it'll have to be purchased again, but I would've much preferred the login was successful but with no redownload option. And  especially when the next RPGMaker I would've wanted to buy would be the new MX, which of course THAT is 80 bucks! grrr.....

Oh well. Time to sell some stuff, I guess. Been meaning to, anyway.
all my ideas are jokes

[Image: i-am-meme.gif]
Thanked by:
Russia is your friend my fam

Download the shit out of the MX torrent and be happy
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Yeah, torrent that shit, dawg
Thanked by:
If you decide to buy it again, you should do it in Steam or something so they can manage all the DRM shit.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Skyla Doragono
Keep an eye on the Humble Bundle too. There've been several bundles where you can get it and a bunch of additional resources for whatever you want to pay.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by: Kriven