Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why has no one ripped the models from Mechassault phantom war yet?
I kinda find it odd that no one has done this yet. I mean Phantom war is a DS game and does have an emulator, and because of that ripping should be a lot easier since emulation( from what I've heard) allows you to easily access the games files/modles. Plus they're mechs and mechs are cool so why not?

Anyways the reason why I'm asking is because me and a friend online are trying to make a Mechassault addon for Garry's mod, we are trying to get the models from the Xbox games but they are locked down hard, so now we're trying to get them from Phantom war since that's all we have to work with now.

Sorry if I'm sounding rude or like an A hole but I'm just curious.
Thanked by:
Probably because A) no one cares about the game enough, B) no one knows this game exists, or C) they haven't gotten around to it yet.
[Image: jcKgJbX.png]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Thumbs Up 
(01-11-2016, 12:03 AM)eureka Wrote: Probably because A) no one cares about the game enough, B) no one knows this game exists, or C) they haven't gotten around to it yet.

oh got em
[Image: 76561198059964992.png]
Thanked by: eureka, eureka, eureka
(01-11-2016, 12:03 AM)eureka Wrote: Probably because A) no one cares about the game enough, B) no one knows this game exists, or C) they haven't gotten around to it yet.

Damn
Thanked by:

Anyways I'm not trying to sound smart or anything, I'm just curious cuz I would really appreciate if someone could rip them since that would help me and my friend with our gmod addon, that's all. I mean I would do it myself but I don't know how to rip models from games, my friend on steam can probably do it but I'm pretty sure he's too busy from what I've seen.

So that's why I would really appreciate it if anyone here can rip them since it would be a great assistance to us.
Thanked by:
Why does this smell like someone trying to get around outright requesting?

I don't know if models from a DS game would help you much with what you're trying to do anyway. Wouldn't they be too far scaled down in a DS game to look anywhere close to remotely decent when converted over for use in a PC game?
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
(01-11-2016, 11:59 AM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: Why does this smell like someone trying to get around outright requesting?

I don't know if models from a DS game would help you much with what you're trying to do anyway. Wouldn't they be too far scaled down in a DS game to look anywhere close to remotely decent when converted over for use in a PC game?

Well someone did make the original doom npcs that are literally 2d sprites in gmod and they look pretty good
Thanked by:
I think it's pretty clear this is a barely veiled request.

Here's Mystie's NDS model ripping tutorial.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Petie, psychospacecow
(01-11-2016, 03:00 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: I think it's pretty clear this is a barely veiled request.

Here's Mystie's NDS model ripping tutorial.
Ok you're right I'm requesting if someone can do it, but I'm only doing it is because you guys kick ass when it comes to ripping models. Like I've looked at the majority of the models on this site and they look badass as hell and I was like "you know these guys would be the perfect people for the job" so yah I guess I am requesting, but I'm still kinda shocked that no one ever came across to doing this game yet since there are a huge lack of mech models on here in general.

But thanks for the link, this may help
Thanked by:
(01-11-2016, 11:59 AM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: Why does this smell like someone trying to get around outright requesting?

Because it is!

shydood3, please review the rules before you continue to post. Mystie's tutorial should help you if you're actually interested in learning how to do this on your own.
Thanked by: psychospacecow