Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lack of documentation
(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for such content but I couldn't find a better one to ask in)

So how hard would it be for rippers to label the parts of the models? Because I downloaded the Hyrule Warriors Master Sword and I can't discern what each image is for. Well that's not entirely true. I'm not such an idiot that I don't know what a texture and normal map is, but the other images I am unsure of their exact usage. Besides the second master sword texture which seems to just be used for when the sword's gem is lit up. 

Which leaves me with the final two images: 3.png and 4.png. No idea what those are for. I know what 0, 1, and 2 are for. The attached image demonstrates my conundrum. I'm not asking for help with the program (which is Unreal engine 4.10.1) just demonstrating what prompted this forum posting (that and getting to 20 so I can make requests) 

And maybe requiring people to upload the "best" format, by which I mean the most universal. Which seems like it might be FBX, rather than dae. But I digress.

(If this topic isn't for this forum, feel free to delete it. I can do without all the *ahem* exceedingly "helpful" people riding their petty high horses)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: