Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Creating Icons For Submissions
3D Modelling 
Hey all, I was wondering, how do you create icons for submissions to the resource? I haven't figured it out, and I would really like to know the best way to do so. Thanks!
~Eric
Thanked by:
(01-01-2016, 06:23 PM)Anexenaumoon Wrote: Hey all, I was wondering, how do you create icons for submissions to the resource? I haven't figured it out, and I would really like to know the best way to do so. Thanks!
~Eric

Download the two images I have uploaded to this thread.  When you finish your model, render your model and take a screen shot.  Paste your picture into a picture editor (gimp or paint.net are free programs).  If the background is not clear, you can delete it.  Then fit it onto the two images I provided.  I normally save them as [modelname]Large and [modelname]Small.  You will probably have to resize the picture a bit to fit on the small one.  The small one is the icon, the large one is the full view picture.

Thanked by:
(01-01-2016, 06:23 PM)Anexenaumoon Wrote: Hey all, I was wondering, how do you create icons for submissions to the resource? I haven't figured it out, and I would really like to know the best way to do so. Thanks!
~Eric

Set camera dimensions from 1920x1080 too 750x650, move it to where you like and render the image. Save render as xxx_LRG.xxx and than re-size camera dimensions from 750x650 too 148x125 and repeat. That's how I do it now. I really can't be assed wasting time to get it perfect LOL
Thanked by: