Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
.nty files but it is a .tiff
I have some .nty files and I used a program to I'd the file type and it came back as a tiff I was just wondering because a nty file won't open with any program and renaming the extension doesn't work if there's another way to convert or extract the file thanks in advance
Thanked by:
(12-30-2015, 02:01 PM)williamkidd Wrote: I have some .nty files and I used a program to I'd the file type and it came back as a tiff I was just wondering because a nty file won't open with any program and renaming the extension doesn't work if there's another way to convert or extract the file thanks in advance

Please upload the said .nty file in question so we can take a look at it
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by:
if it is legitimately a .tiff file...

you might try:
gimp
photoshop
paint dot net
even mspaint can open them, iirc

however, word of caution:
some .tiffs must be opened with photoshop if you expect the contents to come-out intact.
I recently had an issue with some .tiff's that had transparency only PS could recognize

and another caution is PS (or at least the one i have) won't export a CMYK color mode file as .png, so you have to change the color mode to rgb. i also had this issue.
Thanked by:
i have uploaded it i placed it in a zip

Attached Files
.zip   New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip (Size: 85.82 KB / Downloads: 175)
Thanked by:
Yeah, not sure what's going on with that.

only information I can find about the MM file signature is tiff images

paint: fail
paint dot net: fail
photoshop: fail
gimp: probably fail, didn't test
research: fail

I tried looking up information about the extension but I also failed to find anything useful. Just this same question, more or less

What game is this from?
Thanked by:
one piece treasure cruise
Thanked by:
I think.. It's a TIFF alright.

"The TIFF format is perhaps the most versatile and diverse bitmap format in existence. Its extensible nature and support for numerous data compression schemes allow developers to customize the TIFF format to fit any peculiar data storage needs."

However...

TIFF is so, so... diverse. There is no single TIFF reader that supports all the special tags. There's hundreds of them. This might have some special undocumented tags.
Digging deeper into this when I get home.
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by:
I checked to see if I could find a file header for the one you uploaded, and there not only wasn't a header, but I found "FIXE TEXT" and "DRCM" interspersed throughout the file.

Are you sure this is even supposed to be an image?
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by:
(12-31-2015, 08:09 AM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: I checked to see if I could find a file header for the one you uploaded, and there not only wasn't a header, but I found "FIXE TEXT" and "DRCM" interspersed throughout the file.

Are you sure this is even supposed to be an image?

I gave-up after failing, and deleted it.
Never examined the contents more closely.

the "header", that's tipping us and some programs off that it's supposedly a .tiff, is "MM"
I'll leave it to you, then.

After what you have said, it is possible, and extremely likely, that this is definitely not an image...

@Raccoon Sam
The thing is, even with non-supported tags, a valid .tiff should open. However, if the tag is unrecognized by the program, the file doesn't get read/displayed quite as it is intended to be. (for example, transparency only photoshop can read) At least, I think that's how it is supposed to work. Usually programs associated with a certain file type can open a file that contains a feature they don't support. However, it may not read correctly, and writing to it might erase that data. (custom metadata in .png is a good example of this)
Thanked by:
Here's what I found after a quick search. It looks like "MM" stands for Motorola byte order, if that helps. Might need something like Tile Molester or GGD to view it instead of trying to open it in a standard paint program.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by: