Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Star Wars Episode VII
Do you like it?How's your opinion about this film?
Thanked by:
Ummm, not sure if you're in the right board to have a thread about the film and if you ask me I'd put a spoilers tag in the title of your thread.

But if you're asking someone in general, I'd have to say it was pretty good and that's just it for now.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I'm not sure how I feel about going from the commanding presence of Vader to the sniveling emo kid
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: BullockDS
isnt there a movie thread? why make a thread in the real life section?
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: DarkGrievous7145
It was planned to be chronicles of young Leia,Luke and Han with Retro Style,but J.J. Abrams and Disney changed everything and George Lucas doesn't satisfied of this fact.
Thanked by:
Who cares if George Lucas wasn't satisfied? He was running the whole franchise into the ground, and sold it off anyway. His opinion doesn't even matter anymore.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by: BullockDS, Kriven
His budget from 70's for science-fiction films was very low so he began Star Wars with Sequels IV,V and VI.
Thanked by:
(12-31-2015, 06:24 AM)Gamerz31w Wrote: It was planned to be chronicles of young Leia,Luke and Han with Retro Style,but J.J. Abrams and Disney changed everything and George Lucas doesn't satisfied of this fact.

(12-31-2015, 08:11 AM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: Who cares if George Lucas wasn't satisfied?  He was running the whole franchise into the ground, and sold it off anyway.  His opinion doesn't even matter anymore.

In addition, I'm not sure where he's getting his information but as far as I know, he's way off base about the plan for that movie. Star Wars was always intended to be an epic - a story that begins in the middle, returns to the beginning, and completes at the end. Episode VII, based on that definition, could never have been about younger characters.

Also, why is this in the real life section? I'm not against The Force Awakens having its own thread but I don't get why it's here. I'll be moving it to General in a moment.
(12-31-2015, 09:17 AM)Petie Wrote: Also, why is this in the real life section? I'm not against The Force Awakens having its own thread but I don't get why it's here. I'll be moving it to General in a moment.

If I were to guess, it's probably because a movie technically *could* classify as an irl thing, in the sense that most people go see them somewhere irl. That's my guess, anyways.

I'm going to be honest, it feels to me that the line between 'general' and 'irl' isn't exactly clear around here.
Thanked by:
Why and where C-3PO lose his arm?
Thanked by: BullockDS
Apparently that was explained in a comic... or a book... I'm not sure, there's a whole new Extended Universe timeline to pick up on now.

(Honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone got pissed off and just blasted it off.)
Thanked by:
(12-31-2015, 10:41 AM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: If I were to guess, it's probably because a movie technically *could* classify as an irl thing, in the sense that most people go see them somewhere irl. That's my guess, anyways.

Not to be that guy, but this is a movie we're talking about instead of Real Life events, just saying.

But while we're on the subject of star wars:
There's a ton of things I could talk about with this movie, so I'm all for it's discussion.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
George Lucas said "It's lack of creativity" about Force Awakens.
Thanked by:
He also said selling Star Wars to Disney was akin to selling his children to the white slavers.

I understand he's annoyed that they shot the prequels out of the water, but nothing deserves a comment like that.

Thanked by:
Let's forget about Jar Jar Binks(J.J. Abrams on Twitter said Jar Jar Binks will kill Bobba Fett with using Boombs-boombs) and Bobba Fett.I'd like to see Lando Carlissian in Episode VIII and Luke Skywalker speech.I wonder why Luke's prothesis hand looks so realistic and why C-3PO has one different hand?
Thanked by: