Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[3DS] [Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy] .xi / .xa
Heya, been a while since I was last here, but a friend reminded me to give ripping this game another try.

So far I've managed to seemingly get to the location of the sprites, but they seem to all be encoded as .xi and .xa files, some only as .xi, and I have no way of opening these files, nor have I found any record of anyone managing to.

Here are some of the Keshin/Avatar sprite files, or at least they seem to be judging from their location. 

The filesize of the player avatars from another folder seems a bit dodgy as well though, since I doubt 12kb could contain a full multicolor sprite. The files inside it when unpacked also seem like they wouldn't contain a full sprite, but I'm honestly not sure what's possible and what isn't right now.

[Image: 4f74a2257c.png]
If there's any questions, need for other/more files or anything, please do ask because I'm quite keen to figure this one out at last.
Thanked by:
I tried figuring out this format for the Ace Attorney crossover game.

The image data is simply stored as a stream of 8x8 tiles.
There's a table that is supposed to tell how to arrange them. It has a special way of being read that I could not figure it out. They are like tables and flags and all kinds of other nonsense.

You could manually arrange the,, but that would be time consuming.
[Image: pnoULKL.png]

I'll try to take another shot at it later, but I doubt I can figure this out.

Edit:
Turns out the table data is compressed.
[Image: cMyIr9j.png]
That was probably why it was so confusing.

But now the problem is I don't fully understand how the compression works (It has no header...).
Most of them can be decompressed with the normal Nintendo lzss routine, but others seem to not make any sense with their flags.

For anyone else wanting to take a look, the compressed table starts at 0x48 in pretty much all XI files.
Some times the first couple of bytes are ignored. I don't really get it yet.
Thanked by: Jiru
Good to see some progress! And the 8x8 part makes sense, Inazuma player sprites have always been 64x64.

As for the compression/decompression, any chance your method could work on the files I supplied? I know it's a long shot to probably even ask, but the 8x8 part sounds like I'm at least on the right track. I could link some .xi and .xa files from the player avatar folder as well though I'm not sure what the .xa do.
Thanked by:
The files you linked use the 0x03 compression. I've tried several routines and none even come close.
Here is what is looks likes without.
http://i.imgur.com/coskLat.png

Edit:
Wait... I think I got it.
So now I understand compression 0x01 and 0x03 and can actually build the image.
That leaves 0x02 and 0x04 and hopefully 0x05 doesn't exist Cute
[Image: XDFLvXP.png]
Thanked by: puggsoy
(01-05-2016, 02:13 PM)Ploaj Wrote: The files you linked use the 0x03 compression. I've tried several routines and none even come close.
Here is what is looks likes without.
http://i.imgur.com/coskLat.png

Edit:
Wait... I think I got it.
So now I understand compression 0x01 and 0x03 and can actually build the image.
That leaves 0x02 and 0x04 and hopefully 0x05 doesn't exist Cute
[Image: XDFLvXP.png]

Holy shit, that's huge! To think a full-sized art was in the files all along.....

Is there any way I (with my total lack of any decoding/decompiling knowledge) could try my hand at these myself? Or do you think it'd be possible to write an executive which could decompile them automatically?

Honestly, for this progress alone already I cannot thank you enough!! One step closer to unraveling all these sprites...gah, I'm excited! >Big Grin
Thanked by: