Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Uploading Sound Effects
Okay, so forgive me, but I’m still new here and I’m uncertain on how to upload sound effects. I’ve tried to upload a file that is roughly 80 mb, and it’s compressed, but I don’t know why it isn’t up yet. It said that the submission is pending, but I don’t know why or how long it will take. I input the information as best I could for the sections that needed text, but I don’t know if its right. I’m really lost here. Any help would be great, and any assurance on what will happen will be nice.
Thanked by:
TSoR doesn't have it's own moderator, so sometimes the submissions take a long time to complete. Just be patient.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by: ARAJediMaster
(12-06-2015, 05:37 PM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: TSoR doesn't have it's own moderator, so sometimes the submissions take a long time to complete.  Just be patient.

All right, thank you for letting me know about it.
Thanked by:
The Sound Approver is Shade or Else
Hello, i am fan of Video Games, i'm ripping Sprites, Models, Textures, and Sounds.
Thanked by:
No, Shade does what he can when he can but we have no single dedicated sound staff.
Thanked by:
(12-11-2015, 09:22 PM)Petie Wrote: No, Shade does what he can when he can but we have no single dedicated sound staff.

Ah, I see.

Well, I will confess this; I’ve uploaded a zip file that contains over 4,000 sound effects in a single file, but I don’t know if they will be approved. I looked for a game with half that number of sounds, but I can’t find it. I wonder if it never got upload because it couldn’t be uploaded. Just my thought, but if anybody can prove me wrong, tell me about it.
Thanked by:
Was there no way you could have broken those files down into different sections?
Thanked by:
(12-12-2015, 10:44 PM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: Was there no way you could have broken those files down into different sections?

Actually, that was my first thought. Maybe I should try it. And by dividing into sections, would it mean that there would have to be separate folders that I would have to upload one at a time, or could I upload the files in grouped folders within a single file to upload?
Thanked by:
Usually the former is nicer. That means that if someone is looking for only, say, the voices, then they can just download that file and not have to download all the sounds they don't want.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Skyla Doragono
Separate folders you'd need to ZIP and upload one at a time. Take this for example; I've got the sounds separated into different sections, and further separated per day/character.
Thanked by:
(12-13-2015, 03:24 AM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: Separate folders you'd need to ZIP and upload one at a time.  Take this for example; I've got the sounds separated into different sections, and further separated per day/character.

Thank you for your suggestion. I’ve got something on my mind that I just want to ask; what do you do in a project? How do things work out in a project? I’m just curious because I want to get the sounds from “Kinect Star Wars” and “Star Wars: Obi-Wan,” even though I don’t own either game or know how to get the ISO from the Xbox 360 discs onto the computer. Maybe a project is what I need to organize the files from the game I mentioned and get it uploaded onto this site. What do you think?
Thanked by:
LMAO oh man, I'm a bad example, but I can try to explain my madness.

I start by getting whatever game I want to rip next by whatever means necessary. Your own moral compass may vary on that; I largely don't give two shits, especially if it's for a console that's not having new games made for it anymore. Or more "pity versions", like the PS3 and 360 get now. As a general note, however? 360 versions seem a lot easier to rip than PS3 versions... I think it's because everyone hates Microsoft, idk.

From there I decide what I want to rip and figure out where it is. It's not always so clear cut. In the example I used before, all the data in P4 is compressed into .CMV files, which is actually a sort of ISO file, so it's easily decompressed with just about any archive program. So after decompressing Data.CMV, I got myself the Sound folder, which had the majority of the sound data in the game. Then it was just finding the programs I needed to further decompress these sound files so I could get something I could listen to. From there, however, I had to listen to the files to see what they were for, which was slightly less annoying for the different days than it was for the battle voices, as the "day" files were separated by scene, while all the battle files were lumped together. Then it's just organizing them into folders and prepping them for the site.

Not all games are going to be that easy, however. Not all games are so clear cut with their naming scheme for files, and some of the file formats are kind of agonizing to figure out. Main thing is to keep yourself focused on your current goal, whatever that may be, keep track of what files belong where, and keep focused on it until you get to the end.
Thanked by:
(12-13-2015, 04:11 PM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: LMAO oh man, I'm a bad example, but I can try to explain my madness.

I start by getting whatever game I want to rip next by whatever means necessary.  Your own moral compass may vary on that; I largely don't give two shits, especially if it's for a console that's not having new games made for it anymore.  Or more "pity versions", like the PS3 and 360 get now.  As a general note, however?  360 versions seem a lot easier to rip than PS3 versions... I think it's because everyone hates Microsoft, idk.

From there I decide what I want to rip and figure out where it is.  It's not always so clear cut.  In the example I used before, all the data in P4 is compressed into .CMV files, which is actually a sort of ISO file, so it's easily decompressed with just about any archive program.  So after decompressing Data.CMV, I got myself the Sound folder, which had the majority of the sound data in the game.  Then it was just finding the programs I needed to further decompress these sound files so I could get something I could listen to.  From there, however, I had to listen to the files to see what they were for, which was slightly less annoying for the different days than it was for the battle voices, as the "day" files were separated by scene, while all the battle files were lumped together.  Then it's just organizing them into folders and prepping them for the site.

Not all games are going to be that easy, however.  Not all games are so clear cut with their naming scheme for files, and some of the file formats are kind of agonizing to figure out.  Main thing is to keep yourself focused on your current goal, whatever that may be, keep track of what files belong where, and keep focused on it until you get to the end.

I see. Well, I’ve got some good news; the sounds I’ve been trying to upload are up now. It just took such a darned long time was all! Anyway, thank you for your input all the same. I think I’ll just put in a request for the sounds from some games, if anybody can help me.

If anybody wants to download them, they’re right here: http://www.sounds-resource.com/pc_comput...thedition/. I hope you like them!
Thanked by: Skyla Doragono