Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Secret Santa 2015 Signup
Secret Santa 2015

As December is just around the corner and Christmas starts drawing near, and that means it's time for another Secret Santa! For those who haven't participated before, it's pretty straightforward.

Each person is assigned a gift recipient who they have to make a gift for, but nobody knows whose recipient they are. The gift can be pretty much anything. Traditionally most people make drawings, but it can also be a song, animation, video, even a game. It doesn't have to be amazing either, as long as you put some effort in and have fun!
Once you're done you PM the gift to me, and at the end I'll reveal all the gifts and who they're for (but not who made them).

This thread is for signing up to the event; just post here saying you want in! You might also want to give a little list of your interests or things you like, to give your Secret Santa some ideas for how to theme their gift.
Please sign up only if you're confident you'll actually be able to make your gift in time. It's not nice to get a gift without making one!

The deadline for signing up is December 1st 4th, 3am PST, so that's about 3 days. The deadline for the gifts will be the 28th of December 3am PST, with them being revealed on January 1st 6pm PST. (If people want we can change these dates around a bit.)

People who have signed up:
Hiynastrike
DarkGrievous7145
Gors
Virt
Mighty Jetters
E-Man
Demonlemon
Phantom Killah
MrYoshbert
Skyla Doragono
TomGuycott
Kosheh
Tellis
Quirby64
Shade
recme
Kitsu

(Names are linked to that person's posts containing their interests.)
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Hiyna is in,

I like....

SUPER NINTENDO GAMES! Like Super Mario World
DISNEY'S DUCKS!
RAY GUNS
STREAMLINE MODERNE! <-Very Yuss.
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by: puggsoy
Oh, why not
I really need to get back into artistic and creative stuff

some favorite things:
MLP
Unikitty from The LEGO Movie
MineCraft
many pokemon, including: Mew, Lucario, Pachirisu, Diance, Pickahu, Beedrill, Glaceon
pixel art
The Epic Battle Fantasy series, including BH1 and BH2
tv shows: Curse of Oak Island, Parasyte, Mitchigo and Hatchin, One Piece, Naruto, Akame Ga Kill, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball
animals: cats, bunnies, crabs (including hermits), jellyfish (namely the Sea Nettle and Moon Jelly), sea stars

I think that's enough stuff.
I'll join
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
I'm in.
Sonic, Ace Attorney, Kid Icarus, Mario (also Paper Mario specifically), DC (Batman specifically), Batman Beyond, Toon Link series Zelda Games, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Paranatural, Cucumber Quest, Undertale, Steven Universe, uhhh... Disney stuff I guess. That's it.
Uhm, I haven't signed up for this in a while since I still owe someone a gift from a few Halloweens ago, but puggsoy said he would let me join so long as I tried to get both gifts done by January or so. I cannot guarantee that the Halloween one will get done right around that time but I will make an honest effort to get the it finished around the beginning of the year.

My main interests are:

Videogame related:
~Steven Universe; favorite character is Garnet
~BattleBlock Theater; favorite character is Hatty Hattington
~Mega Man X; favorite characters are Axle the Red, Izzy Glow and Douglas
~Mega Man Classic; favorite characters are Gravity Man and Gemini Man

Other related:
~Super cute things, especially plushy/chibi style and bunnies
~Super badass things
~Super dapper/classy type things
~Sci-fi things
~Medieval things
~Vivid, colorful things
~Flowers

I may edit this later but for now it gives a pretty good bit to work with I think.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
I hope you guys don't mind, but I'd like to try to participate in this event only for the sake of making a present. As a result, I'm not too concerned about what I receive in return. I just want to get my gift done whenever it's possible.

In spite of that, though, I do have some gift ideas you can follow. Besides my character, my interests include…

- Paper Mario (I like pretty much everything about the first three games, but I have a soft spot of Doopliss)

- The Zelda games (the same as above, but I'm quite interested in Zelda as she appears in her blue dress from a Link to the Past)

- Kingdom Hearts (I enjoy the first game out of all the others, and I like Kairi and the Heartless)

- And a few other things you're free to ask about.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Sign me up!

(11-28-2015, 07:15 AM)Gors Wrote: I'll join

Things I like:
  • mythology (norse mythology in particular)
  • vikings
  • chiptune
  • YOU!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Ooo, pick me!

My only interest is myself ("Look out for number one," I always say). 

So, you know, the green ghost with the hat. The Phantom Killah.
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I enjoyed participating in last year's Secret Santa, so I'm signing up again!

Here are some of the things I like:
  • R&B and jazz music
  • Video Game series:
    • Mario (favorite character is Luigi)
    • Kirby (favorite character is Dedede)
    • Rayman
    • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Ace Attorney (favorite character is Detective Gumshoe)
    • Pac-Man
    • Mega Man classic
    • Game & Watch
  • Humorous, light-hearted things
  • Cartoony things
  • The colors orange and blue
Oh, I love doing this stuff!

My interests:
  • Pretty much anything Persona related.
    • Extra bonus points if it's Persona 4 related.
    • Extra extra bonus points if it's Adachi-centric.
    • Guaranteed screams of joy if it's based off of one of my fics.
  • Batman things (Harley Quinn best girl)
  • Star Wars
  • MLP
  • FNAF
  • Marvel MCU
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Pretty much anything musical
  • I'm a sucker for indie games
But seriously, throw anything at me and I'll probably squee and flail like an idiot.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Do want.

My interests include:

-Clash at Demonhead, particularly Tom Guycot
-Cocoron, particularly Tapir
-Most Nintendo stuff, Smash Bros is one of my favorite games
-DARK SOULS and related games
-Alien Soldier Dynamite Headdy and almost all major Treasure games
-Dynasty Warriors, especially spin offs like Hyrule Warriors and DW Gundam
-Guilty Gear, my favorite character being Sol, Slayer and Eddie or Zato-1. Leopaldon for his crazy design too.
-Games with boss-centric gameplay
-Cheesy one-shot games like what I made for Halloween this year.
-VGR members and characters!!
Thanked by:
Less than 24 hours left for sign up, and we currently have 11 participants. If anybody thinks I should I can extend it by a day or two. It would be great to have as many people as possible, but I would also like to give people around a month to make their gift, so I don't want to stretch it too much.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
me me me I'll join

I need to come up with some interests though so I'll come back and update this later OK

EDIT: I FIGURED OUT WHAT I LIKE!!

1) me me me me me me me (i've got either people kosheh or koshduck. check the bolded "refs" in my sig)
2) i like digby and tom nook from animal crossing. digby > tom nook
3) also the donkey kong country and
4) the starfox series. i play DKC2 and Starfox 64 annually, to give you an idea of how much I like those games
(and hint hint: that's the entry from those games that i like the most)
5) oh yeah and the ninja turtles (there's a breadth of stuff, so to make things easier: anything from the current show lexicon is fair game. but i highly insist you don't mix turtles and christmas. fucking DON'T. I'M DEAD SERIOUS. that's a scab that'll never go away. I'm not joking just DON'T DO IT)
6) i like christmas. really, i do. i fricken love this vgr theme so feel free to make it christmassy (dont just draw santa and call it a day u lazy)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: