Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Models
Can someone rip 3D Models, Textures, and Animations from Pokémon Super Mystery Dunegon? I need the model, texture & animation files for all of the Legendary and Mythical Pokémon so that I can upload them to the Models Resource and import them into Brawlbox
[Image: 33426ca52b.png]
Thanked by:
Did you seriously come back and jump right into making requests again? Isn't this what earned you the -9 rep you currently have and your eventual departure form the site the first time around. You really may want to rethink this a bit.
Thanked by: psychospacecow
(11-22-2015, 03:30 PM)Petie Wrote: Did you seriously come back and jump right into making requests again? Isn't this what earned you the -9 rep you currently have and your eventual departure form the site the first time around. You really may want to rethink this a bit.

No I wasn't trying to jump back to make requests again. I have a reason for this one. I thought if anyone sends me models from that game, I can rip them and put them on the Models resource so that I can try to improve. I don't want to be banned again. I said I was going to try to improve and I mean it. Thats why I need help improving sobthat I can change my reputation from a -9 to being positive so that I can feel appreciated. What can I do to change my reputation?
Thanked by:
(11-22-2015, 03:36 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(11-22-2015, 03:30 PM)Petie Wrote: Did you seriously come back and jump right into making requests again? Isn't this what earned you the -9 rep you currently have and your eventual departure form the site the first time around. You really may want to rethink this a bit.
What can I do to change my reputation?
To get people to raise your reputation, make meaningful and thought out posts, be kind to others and associate with others. Though you should remember that rep is just a number/stat on the site, and doesn't have to represent who you are.
-17, not -9. Ouch. Hope that gets better.
Thanked by: eureka, Lilothestitch
(11-22-2015, 08:34 PM)DarkLordRS Wrote: -17, not -9. Ouch. Hope that gets better.

I hope so too.
Thanked by:
Big Grin 
(11-22-2015, 08:52 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(11-22-2015, 08:34 PM)DarkLordRS Wrote: -17, not -9. Ouch. Hope that gets better.

I hope so too.

Personally i kinda doubt it. But hey maybe there might be a Christmas miracle
Thanked by:
(11-22-2015, 09:05 PM)Red Haired Bastard Wrote:
(11-22-2015, 08:52 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:

I hope so too.

Personally i kinda doubt it. But hey maybe there might be a Christmas miracle

isn't that just a little rude o-o
Thanked by:
Do people hate me that much?
Thanked by:
(11-22-2015, 09:14 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: Do people hate me that much?

I'm like this close to showing you the pastebin of what people have been saying in the chat about you these last two hours.
Thanked by:

Dude, I'm sure nobody hates you.
Thanked by:
(11-22-2015, 09:28 PM)DarkLordRS Wrote:

Dude, I'm sure nobody hates you.

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. I tried to send you a message but you disabled PM Messages.
Thanked by:
Wait. Actually, I'm not really seeing how this is that bad. You made a valid request (in the correct forum, too) and then Petie immediately jumped on you for requesting...
Not to be That Guy - but I'm really failing what to see what went wrong here as everyone just took an opportunity just now to dogpile you for making another request. Petie, am I missing something here (other than "Lilothestitch is a bad poster"?)

Actually, taking another look at it:
(11-22-2015, 02:01 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: Can someone rip 3D Models, Textures, and Animations from Pokémon Super Mystery Dunegon? I need the model, texture & animation files for all of the Legendary and Mythical Pokémon so that I can upload them to the Models Resource and import them into Brawlbox

...I see the issue...but I don't think it warranted that kind of reply.
"All the Legendary and Mythical Pokemon" - that's over 50 characters.
Also, keep in mind that the game's been out for only a week, and it takes time for people to dig through the filesystem to find out what files do what. They're not always some default format that's as simple as clicking and dragging into a magic model converter - not to mention that when they finally DO figure out the format, it's more likely that they'd submit the models themselves (which THEN you could use them to import into BrawlBox)

But yeah, ripping models is not as simple as pouring yourself a bowl of cereal. And considering the game just came out literally DAYS ago, it's a somewhat daunting request that people assume you're taking for granted.
I think a better way of approaching it would've been to NOT mention the mythical Pokemon, and just see if there's a way to actually rip anything at all first. Once it's been established that someone or something can rip from those files more easily by, say, writing a conversion tool, THEN message the person and ask "Hey, can you send me the files of the mythical and legendary Pokemon so I can rip them, fix their meshes and skeletons in [insert 3D modeling program] and share them with the Resource? Maybe after, I'll use them in BrawlBox and make something cool!"

I think the "problem" as to why "nobody likes you" is that you have a tendency to make these big, grandeur requests and you don't quite understand just how daunting some of them are - or that you also tend to constantly make short posts asking when someone's gonna get around to ripping something. The key to ripping assets from games is patience - because ripping from ANY game is like solving a puzzle. YOU posting "hey, when are you gonna rip these things" is like someone telling you "hey, did you solve that Rubik's cube yet? hey, did you solve that Rubik's cube yet? I really wish you'd solve that Rubik's cube, I can't wait to show my friends that someone solved a Rubik's cube"

(also, "nobody likes you" is a REALLY harsh and juvenile thing to say - the members clearly have an issue with you due to your pushy nature, but that doesn't mean that none of us are willing to give you a chance [although...you're showing that same kind of pushy nature, as if nothing has really changed])
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
(11-23-2015, 07:07 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Wait. Actually, I'm not really seeing how this is that bad. You made a valid request (in the correct forum, too) and then Petie immediately jumped on you for requesting...
Not to be That Guy - but I'm really failing what to see what went wrong here as everyone just took an opportunity just now to dogpile you for making another request.  Petie, am I missing something here (other than "Lilothestitch is a bad poster"?)

You're missing a history and emailed promise to improve on his past behavior (which lead to his unbanning) followed by an immediate return to said past behavior, valid or not. And this request isn't exactly valid as, at least based on the way it's phrased, it seems he wants someone else to do the work so he can upload it under his own name. It could be poor phrasing but, if it's not, that's something we want to put a stop to before it happens. You'll notice I didn't even close the thread - my reply was only meant to serve as a reminder that he should work on how he presents himself here before jumping right into asking favors of others (especially on massive scales from brand new games).

That said, the responses here and elsewhere make me think I likely should have done this via PM as many took this as an opportunity to immediately jump on him. Misguided as the request may have been, it was still technically within the rules and the mob mentality shown here is a tad on the disappointing side. I'll admit that at least some of this falls on me for my initial reply but things definitely went too far on this one.
(11-23-2015, 07:26 AM)Petie Wrote:
(11-23-2015, 07:07 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Wait. Actually, I'm not really seeing how this is that bad. You made a valid request (in the correct forum, too) and then Petie immediately jumped on you for requesting...
Not to be That Guy - but I'm really failing what to see what went wrong here as everyone just took an opportunity just now to dogpile you for making another request.  Petie, am I missing something here (other than "Lilothestitch is a bad poster"?)

You're missing a history and emailed promise to improve on his past behavior (which lead to his unbanning) followed by an immediate return to said past behavior, valid or not. And this request isn't exactly valid as, at least based on the way it's phrased, it seems he wants someone else to do the work so he can upload it under his own name. It could be poor phrasing but, if it's not, that's something we want to put a stop to before it happens. You'll notice I didn't even close the thread - my reply was only meant to serve as a reminder that he should work on how he presents himself here before jumping right into asking favors of others (especially on massive scales from brand new games).

Yeah, it was kinda hard to gauge that without any previous context. :V 
I mean, it make sense now as to why you responded the way you did - but your reply just kinda came off as kind of aggressive (which honestly is kinda rare for you, you're a cool-headed guy!!)

But yeah, it seems that I wasn't the only one who thought that and there seems to be some bloodthirsty posters underneath your post in an attempt to back up your [misunderstood] stance @___@ (and is one of them an alt?!)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Petie