Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed .pcp .pcd files
Okay, so I’m in a bit of a pickle here. I want the sounds from the game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, but I don’t know where they are exactly. I see .pcd files, .pcp, and .lp files, at the start of each files, I see “cp” “hot_hoth,” “player,” “player actor,” something along those lines; and I don’t know where the sounds would be exactly. I have a Mac at hand, and I found a code that may help unlock it, but I don’t know where to put the code or how to utilize it. I’m just darned confused!  Tongue

I’ve uploaded a screenshot to show what I’m trying to show you here, and here is the link to the XeNTaX code I found: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=...hilit=.pcp

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
Wow, that's... weird.

If you need help trying to find what files contain audio, try and look for clues. What does the folder structure look like? IE, are there any folders with short names that may be indicative of some kind of audio? Failing that, try to pinpoint through the file names themselves. Does Starkiller make noises when he grabs a ledge? That might be your clue in that folder at least.

Also, idk if the site is down, but your link isn't working.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by:
The link works for me. The code is a QuickBMS script, unfortunately QuickBMS binaries are only released for Windows. If you're on a Mac you'll have to compile it manually.

If you want, you can upload the .pcp files you want the sounds from and I can extract them for you.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(11-23-2015, 07:17 AM)puggsoy Wrote: The link works for me. The code is a QuickBMS script, unfortunately QuickBMS binaries are only released for Windows. If you're on a Mac you'll have to compile it manually.

If you want, you can upload the .pcp files you want the sounds from and I can extract them for you.

Thank you; I’d greatly appreciate that, but I can’t upload it directly onto the thread. I may have to do it via PM or email. Either way, thanks again.
Thanked by:
Most people just upload it to a site like Dropbox or MediaFire, and post it in the thread. Email is fine if you prefer though; just PM me if you wish to do so.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(11-23-2015, 09:10 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Most people just upload it to a site like Dropbox or MediaFire, and post it in the thread. Email is fine if you prefer though; just PM me if you wish to do so.

Okay, here is what I’ve got: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9gmii12...4v6/shared

Good luck!
Thanked by:
Ah, the .pcp files require corresponding .pcd files as well.

By the way, it would be a bit easier for me if you put all the files in a single .zip so I can download them at once. MediaFire requires for me to download them one by one otherwise, which is a little bit tedious.
Thanked by:
(11-23-2015, 09:44 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Ah, the .pcp files require corresponding .pcd files as well.

By the way, it would be a bit easier for me if you put all the files in a single .zip so I can download them at once. MediaFire requires for me to download them one by one otherwise, which is a little bit tedious.

Shy Okay, I’ll try doing that.

Okay, puggsoy, how is this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c6qydn...dd/TFU.zip
Thanked by: puggsoy
Awesome, thanks Smile Script works like a charm, here's a .zip of all the sounds. I slightly modified it to extract the files into sub-folders named after the files they're found in, since some of the extracted files had the same name and I wasn't sure if they were actual duplicates or not. Should also help you with organising them.

Enjoy!
Thanked by: ARAJediMaster
(11-24-2015, 02:28 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Awesome, thanks Smile Script works like a charm, here's a .zip of all the sounds. I slightly modified it to extract the files into sub-folders named after the files they're found in, since some of the extracted files had the same name and I wasn't sure if they were actual duplicates or not. Should also help you with organising them.

Enjoy!

Thank you, puggsoy. I am impressed, but what I got was the voice clips from the game!  Shocked Looks like the “en” part of the files meant that they were to be “english” voice files. Maybe it was the .lp files that have the sound effects like lightsabers, turbolasers, Wookiees, droids, .etc. 

Here would be where another set of .pcp/pcd files would be, but I don’t know if it would have voices only or not.

And here are the .lp files. I’ve divided them up into six files: Act 1 for the first half of the game, and Act 2 for the second half; one for the DLC content of the “Ultimate; OSD for menu selections and items—one of them may possibly hold the sounds for the lightsaber—TFU training for the training sections, and misc for miscellaneous material.

But once again, thank you for your help before.
Thanked by:
Downloading the first link, however the second one isn't working. It just brings me to the MediaFire homepage.
Thanked by:
(11-27-2015, 08:38 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Downloading the first link, however the second one isn't working. It just brings me to the MediaFire homepage.

Well, isn’t this the darnedest thing.  Tongue

Ah! Here it is! I hope this works!
Thanked by:
Found a script for the .lp files, but they seem to be stuff like textures, models, and .xml files for various things. Obviously useful for ripping those sorts of things, but not for audio.

Been having trouble with downloading the other file, but hopefully third time's the charm.

EDIT: Here you go! These look like sound effects, so hopefully they have the sounds you want.
Thanked by: ARAJediMaster
(11-27-2015, 10:12 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Found a script for the .lp files, but they seem to be stuff like textures, models, and .xml files for various things. Obviously useful for ripping those sorts of things, but not for audio.

Been having trouble with downloading the other file, but hopefully third time's the charm.

EDIT: Here you go! These look like sound effects, so hopefully they have the sounds you want.

Wow! I can’t actually believe it! Thank you so much! You’ve been a great help indeed!
Thanked by: puggsoy
Hey again, I need some more help. I’m trying to extract the sound effects from Kinect Star Wars—more lightsaber sounds along with blasters, protocol and battle droids, astromech droids (R2 units), and Wookiees—but I neither have access to the game nor do I know exactly how to find the files, extract them, or even get the computer to read the files in the first place. Tongue  I’ve set up a thread here: Lightsaber Sound Effects Request (Kinect Star Wars) Can you help me, please? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanked by: