Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic the Hedgehog Games Model Ripping
Sonic the Hedgehog Games that need (more) model ripping:

There are lots of sonic games out there, but many of them have not been ripped from at all, or only have some rips, leaving many to want rips of these games to be complete. I am setting up this thread for anything and everything Sonic the Hedgehog related when it comes to ripping things and the like and to hopefully gather everyone who knows how to rip. This will allow for easier communication for those who already rip from sonic games and those that want to as well, and this will lead to more rips from sonic games in the future from Sprites, Textures, Models, and Sounds to much more.

This one though since it is on the The Models Resource Page, will focus on models only that need to be ripped from (any and all) Sonic the Hedgehog games that have 3d models that need to be ripped.
(Please tell me also if I forgot any sonic game that has 3d models or, which also includes ports, remakes, etc. of the same game [As different versions of games sometimes have more things than others, which is kind of cool])
{Language versions and more detailed list per game coming soon}

List of Sonic the Hedgehog Games (or games that contain Sonic) that need to have models ripped from them:

Thanked by:
There's also Sonic 3D Blast. The Special Stages of the Saturn version has 3D models, and I believe the PC version has 3D Special Stages, but only the actual Stages themselves are 3D. Sonic and everything else in them are sprites.

Sonic X-treme: does this one use models for the stage? The characters are digitized sprites, but is the stage in the demo 3D?

There's a pachislot game called Sonic Live!, but I think it's undumped.

There's an iOS game called Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games that was only available for about a week before being delisted.

Then there's a couple tech demos that can't be ripped because they've never been leaked to the public, like Sonic DS and Sonic Extreme (Xbox skateboarding game).

Oh, and Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is coming out next year, and will have Wii U, 3DS, and, apparently, arcade versions.
Thanked by: Yarcaz
I want all of them! All the characters from this giant game list! Wink
(11-19-2015, 03:53 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: There's also Sonic 3D Blast. The Special Stages of the Saturn version has 3D models, and I believe the PC version has 3D Special Stages, but only the actual Stages themselves are 3D. Sonic and everything else in them are sprites.

Sonic X-treme: does this one use models for the stage? The characters are digitized sprites, but is the stage in the demo 3D?

There's a pachislot game called Sonic Live!, but I think it's undumped.

There's an iOS game called Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games that was only available for about a week before being delisted.

Then there's a couple tech demos that can't be ripped because they've never been leaked to the public, like Sonic DS and Sonic Extreme (Xbox skateboarding game).

Oh, and Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is coming out next year, and will have Wii U, 3DS, and, apparently, arcade versions.

I will add those eventually, thanks!

(11-20-2015, 01:38 AM)Doronetty Wrote: I want all of them! All the characters from this giant game list! Wink

Same here dude! Big Grin
Thanked by:
Me and Miles have been exporting the models from sonic generations such as the statues currently, but are having problems with the textures cooperating with us in blender when applied to the models. Look below to see models that we exported:
Thanked by:
We tried and this was our result with multiple chaos and pieces.

It also looks like Sonic's Schoolhouse (educational PC game from 1996) uses 3D for the environment (I'd say "stages" but I don't think that word applies to this game).

Also, Sonic Jam (1997, Saturn), which had the Sonic World 3D environment.

There's also the unreleased arcade "game" Sonic Ride, but that may have used pre-rendered video rather than real-time 3D.

I should probably mention a couple of non-Sonic games with Sonic-related 3D models: Shenmue for Dreamcast had a Sonic toy, and Christmas NiGHTS Into Dreams... for Saturn has a stage where you actually play as Sonic fighting Eggman dressed as Santa Claus.
Sonic Dash and Sonic Runners is powered by Unity.
Hello, i am fan of Video Games, i'm ripping Sprites, Models, Textures, and Sounds.
Me and Miles have been exporting the models from sonic generations such as the statues currently, but are having problems with the textures cooperating with us in blender when applied to the models. Look below to see models that we exported:

Thanked by:
Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 has PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, Sonic Adventure 2 has a PC version, plus Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for GameCube, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle Mode for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, and Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut for GameCube and PC.

Also, more cameos:

Bark the Polar bear and Bean the Dynamite are playable characters in the Saturn fighting game Fighters Megamix.

The arcade game Sega Ski Super G has a Sonic statue in the background.

Virtua Striker 2 for Arcade and Dreamcast features Bean the Dynamite.

Sega Bass Fishing for Arcade, Dreamcast, PC, and Wii has a Sonic lure.

Sonic is a hidden racer in the Arcade game Le Mans 24.

The Arcade game Spikeout: Digital Battle Online has Sonic standing by an elevator in one level.

The Dreamcast version of ChuChu Rocket! has an unlockable mode where all normal ChuChus are replaced by Chao.

Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast has had Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles occasionally cameo online.

In Beach Spikers for Arcade and GameCube, a giant inflatable Sonic floats above one of the courts.

Shenmue II for Dreamcast also has toys of Sonic characters.

Virtua Striker 3 for Arcade and Dreamcast has a hidden team comprised of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman, and Yuji Naka is the coach.

More later.
Then again, it could be that Sonic GLVL has some problems to it that i'm not aware of, who knows exactly? It's kind of odd, it worked well on Stardust Speedway and the Spin-Dash it seems, but when it comes to statues and sometimes, modded characters, it doesn't work as expected with textures that require separation, deleting parts, duplicate pieces from the same file to use it's piece to get one done like it's intended to be. Had to do that with Scourge and it came out actually alright afterwards.
More cameos:

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and a Chao appear as hidden egg animals in the GameCube game Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.

Sonic appears on the tutorial screen of Virtua Cop 3 (Arcade).

Feel the Magic: XY/XX has Sonic and Chao wigs for your girlfriend.

There's a Sonic Statue in OutRun 2 SP (Arcade, PC, PS2, Xbox, PSP).

Virtua Quest (GameCube, PS2) has a Sonic statue in the Twin Axis server.

In Phantasy Star Universe (PC, PS2, Xbox 360) lobbies are decorated with Sonic statues and rings on Sonic's birthday.

In Sega Rally Revo (PC, PS3, Xbox 360) there's a Shadow the Hdgehog car.

In Sega Splash! Golf (PC) there's a Green Hill Zone course where Sonic and Tails are caddies.

LittleBigPlanet (PS3) has Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Sonic the Werehog, and Eggman skins.

In Samba de Amigo (Wii) there's a Green Hill Zone stage where Sonic dances.

In Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Extend (PSP) there's a Sonic costume.

Spiral Knights (PC) has a Metal Sonic costume and a Tails's tails accessory.

Virtua Tennis 4 (PC, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360) has a Sonic-shaped tennis racket.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (Arcade, PS3, PS Vita) has a Green Hill Zone stage.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) has a Sonic costume for Miis.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) has a Sonic costume with Caliburn as a weapon.

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS) as a purchasable Sonic statue.

In Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) using a Sonic amiibo will change Yoshi into a Sonic design.

That's all.
I'm pretty sure Sonic Boom will be hard to rip from considering that it's in a different game engine.
But they manage to rip a few...

[Image: sadx_pose_by_jaysonjean-d8wjpq8.png]This is JaysonJean, from JaysonJean Channel. And it's time to Rock & Roll!
I'm a very fast learning, and very friendly! Let's do this.
Most of these games were made by different people or with formats evolving over console generations...
(11-23-2015, 11:06 PM)JaysonJeanChannel Wrote: I'm pretty sure Sonic Boom will be hard to rip from considering that it's in a different game engine.
But they manage to rip a few...

You are absolutely right, but hopefully we will be able to get past the game engine and be able to rip more models! Big Grin

(11-24-2015, 04:19 PM)The 100 Mega Shock! Wrote: Most of these games were made by different people or with formats evolving over console generations...

You are correct. The reason that this thread has been made is so that we can talk about any and all sonic games or games containing sonic content so that we can help one another. Some games haven't even been touched for ripping things from them because they use different formats, etc. And that is exactly where this thread will help with by allowing the community to work together to lean how to hack and rip from all of these games by communicating with one another and putting our heads together.

(11-21-2015, 12:57 PM)SuperTVGRFan18496 Wrote: Sonic Dash and Sonic Runners is powered by Unity.

Yes, but is Sonic Dash 2: Sonic boom, Sonic Jump, and Sonic Jump Fever powered by unity?
Thanked by: