Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The VG Resource Advent Calendar 2015 (Canceled)
NOTE: For various reasons, this project is now canceled. Please forgive me.

I know I'm not exactly active on most of this site anymore, but I hope it's alright that I start this event again.

Much like last year, the idea is that multiple users will create a little something for each of the 25 days leading up to Christmas; however, there are two key differences this time around.

- First of all, you don't have to make your entry pixel art. Drawings are also acceptable, but I don't see why you can't submit something a little different different for a day, such as Holiday remix of a song.

- Secondly, I'm doing a signup sheet for the 25 days of this project. You see, the problem that I realized for the last two years of this event is that it started when there was little to no time before the first day of December rolled in. Also, I feel like that it lacked structure. As a result, there wasn't a lot of time to make entires and not everyone was dedicated to the event. I decided to resolve these problems by creating a signup sheet ahead of time. Feel free to sign up for almost any day you want and don't be shy about signing up for multiple days.

There are no actual guidelines to this event. Just make it Christmas-themed and have a good time! Smile

Current Participants

From the signup sheet
E-Man (Depending on how busy I am)
Hiynastrike
Quirby64

Unofficial members
SmithyGCN
Psychospacecow

(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Sign this guy up
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by: E-Man
That I can do! Which day(s) are you wanting to tackle?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Thanked by:
I want to do this, but I'm afraid that I'll forget.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
Actually, you can make your entry as soon as possible, but I won't display it publicly until that day comes.

Thanked by:
You can sign me up!
I'll take the 21st, mainly for meme's sake.
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
(11-04-2015, 05:22 PM)E-Man Wrote: That I can do! Which day(s) are you wanting to tackle?

the third
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky

Also Love Stuff

Done! I added both you and Quirby to the list under your respective days.

Thanked by:
If I am set for the same day as someone else, I'll do it and on that day there can be two if that's not a problem. (I just want to be safe. Math and all that, y'know?)
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Either that or you can go for one of the later days. That way, you'll have plenty of time to do an entry.

Thanked by: psychospacecow
I hope you guys are enjoying your Thanksgiving. For me, it's practically over now where I live, which mean I can kick it into high gear in regards to the Christmas season. Speaking of which, officially signing up for this project will end on the first of December. Despite this, you don't need to be on the list if you still want to make entries. This project is open to everyone and is not restricted to pixel art. With that said, feel free to express your creativity in regards to the holiday season. Wink

With the official countdown for Christmas coming, I took a little time away from my Paper Mario project to fiddle a bit with my entry. Honestly, it feel liberating and a lot more fun to do this than to work something as tedious as pixel art.

Since it's the first of December, the Advent Calendar project is officially live now. While signing up for this project is no longer possible, I will accept entries from pretty much anyone.

Speaking of entires, I made the first one. I was going to shade it, but due to computer troubles, I lost my progress on it and had to settle with a flat colored picture instead.

[Image: vsqy5fS.png]

The good news is that Smithy agreed to do some entires for the calendar. The bad news is that even though he already has a couple of them ready, he's unable to post them until he has enough gigabytes to send them without taxing his current internet provider. In the meantime, I took the liberty of making today's entry. Since it was pretty short notice, I was only able to get the sketch done so far…

[Image: ZuVQT5Z.png]

Hopefully, I'll give this color soon.

welp... I probably just mangled poor Smithy's character designs but Here ya go!
[Image: 5EZ8kdd.png]

Also Love Stuff

Thanked by: psychospacecow, E-Man