Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Annoying Things People Say/Do
In other words, what are things people say or do that annoy you?  Also known as Venting:  The Thread.

Spawned by these.

They should make another one about people saying Best/Favorite X of The Year/All Time.  Such baseless statements imply the person who said such statements have experienced all X from the beginning of time/the current year, to the end of time/end of the year, and was able to pick out a favorite, even though that's simply impossible.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: miyabi95_
"I absolutely hate him/her!"

Proceeds to be best buddies with said person 2 minutes later.
Thanked by:
"Just do it"
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
(10-31-2015, 04:18 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: "Just do it"

"Don't let your dreams be dreams!" Smug
Thanked by:
The thing that annoys me most is when people spam me. Spamming doesn't help anybody.
Thanked by:
The phrase, or any variation thereof, "Do you know what I mean?"

Particularly this happened because customers at work would repeatedly ask this after saying something that made no sense, so they were seeking validation for something I definitely did NOT know what they meant.

It only bothers me in excess, the real problems are the people rather than the phrase, it has just become a mental trigger for me to get ready to be annoyed.
Thanked by:
it annoys me when people make really dumb topics LIKE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(also, this seems like a Real Life forum topic; not a GD one)

I don't like when people are unable to detect sarcasm IRL (like, I have a lot of friends who can't)
The worst thing is that I'm completely baffled at like, how that's even possible. Like I can understand not understanding sarcasm over the Internet, or through written words - sarcasm is primarily a meatspace thing though, and if you can't pick up on it...uh, like how

like seriously: my voice raises, it becomes kinda sing-song and I roll my eyes. Are those not ENOUGH hints for you to tell that I'm not serious?
I assume that makes it really hard to watch Disney films, where even toys are sarcastic to one another. :I
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
(11-01-2015, 07:32 AM)Kosheh Wrote: I don't like when people are unable to detect sarcasm IRL (like, I have a lot of friends who can't)
The worst thing is that I'm completely baffled at like, how that's even possible. Like I can understand not understanding sarcasm over the Internet, or through written words - sarcasm is primarily a meatspace thing though, and if you can't pick up on it...uh, like how

like seriously: my voice raises, it becomes kinda sing-song and I roll my eyes. Are those not ENOUGH hints for you to tell that I'm not serious?
I assume that makes it really hard to watch Disney films, where even toys are sarcastic to one another. :I

As a very sarcastic person, I approve this message. And my annoyed sigh after they ask "Are you serious?" apparently also isn't enough of a hint for them to realize that I was being sarcastic.
Thanked by:
One thing that really annoys me is when someone decides to “share” to everyone in the neighborhood that he likes to listen [insert any music here] very loud and clear (not always clear). This bugs me especially when it is night.
Thanked by: Koh
When people use the word "true" when its used in the same way as "You know what I mean?"..... The word "true" doesn't clarify anything nor progresses my understanding towards "truth" in any way. It's used all over my philosophy and statistics book...and I hate reading either of them.  

The "true" meaning of life.
God is "truth"...
Appearances may not be "true" due to our limited abilities.
The color we see is not the "true" color since everyone sees differently....
"True" pixel art. "True" happiness. "True" love.
The "true" length of a meter stick may not be a  meter.
Drawn circles aren't "true" circles.

....please just explicitly state exactly what is meant instead of requiring me to interpret it from your crap.

...I have to go read some stats and philosophy now Cry
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by:
I absolutely hate it when people say "lol", or say "u" instead of you, or other short forms. To me it shows laziness that you can't type 2 more letters. Something like "lol thts so stoopid u dumass gfto" makes me wanna flip my lid. Also punctuation, or lack of, just kills me. I'll do that stuff sometimes, but as a joke. People who honestly type like that however... Ugh.
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Thanked by:
I have to say people that get offended by every little thing, like the tumblr Social Justice Warriors taking offense to anything that isn't 100% politically correct.  This is why I say sugarcoating things needs to stop, because it's raising a generation of people who just haven't been exposed to the world, and haven't learned to grow a backbone.
Thanked by: Joxon, BullockDS
One thing that really got on my nerves is people with Samsung phones. Mostly due to that freaking annoying whistle message tone.
Some douchebag had that going off over a whole bus trip from home to a shopping center. I actually snapped and yelled at him.
The driver even told me he was having the shits with it as well, and made sure nobody with that brand of phone got on.

And about those Tumblr retards. They have to be worst social media people in existence. It's mostly plagued with sexist women.
The users that watch Steven Universe almost drove one artist to commit suicide all because she drew Rose Quartz skinny.
She's not even fat, more like an amazon build mixed with hourglass if you ask me. It's the dress that makes her look fat.
Not to mention the official art, mainly the first one on Google image search, is her pregnant with Steven.
As much as I have to catch up on that show, I'm not sure if I'll watch it anymore if the fanbase acts that fucking cruel.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: BullockDS
Speaking of them, this recent video goes hand in hand with that...

It's satircal, naturally, but the scariest thing about it is that it doesn't seem that far off to where society is heading...
Thanked by:
"They mutsa been on drugs when they made that! Hurr hurr!"
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor