Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Puggstream
So I decided to make a Twitch channel. Nothing amazing, I'll play games on it occasionally but without mic or webcam (although this might change in the future).

Most of what I stream will be Hearthstone, since one reason I made the channel is so that it can record my games and if anything lucky or unlikely happens I can grab that and save it. Way too many times has something like that gone unrecorded Unsure I will stream other stuff sometimes, though.

So yeah, watch if you want. I'm playing Hearthstone right now for a bit, although I should go sleep soon. I don't think I'll make post announcements every time I stream, since I often play only a couple of Hearthstone matches, or multiple times throughout the day. Anybody who cares enough can just follow the channel. Will post when I'm streaming something special though (whatever that may be), or plan to play for a substantial amount of time.

EDIT: Done with Hearthstone, off to bed for me.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Nice. I too enjoy playing HS and follow some in youtube.

What is your main intend in the streams? Arena runs, ranked, tavern or a mix like you did in the video?
Thanked by:
Yo Puggsoy, we should get a few games going up on stream when the new brawl comes out. If we pool our viewers, we might hit a second digit.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
(10-10-2015, 10:15 AM)Arcrom Wrote: What is your main intend in the streams? Arena runs, ranked, tavern or a mix like you did in the video?

Literally just whatever I feel like playing. This will often be a mix; ranked for quests/trying to get higher, brawls for fun/weekly pack, and arena for fun/rewards. As I said, it's literally just me playing games as I usually do, just the only thing I plan to consistently stream is Hearthstone (for recording, and because it's actually fairly fun to watch).

(10-10-2015, 01:51 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Yo Puggsoy, we should get a few games going up on stream when the new brawl comes out. If we pool our viewers, we might hit a second digit.

I won't be able to exactly when the brawl comes out, I'll be busy with assignments. Once the weekend rolls over though I'll be relatively free so then we can.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: psychospacecow, Arcrom
Hey puggsoy. I don’t know if you are aware of this but you can re-roll the daily quest by pressing the red “X” at upper right from the quest's icon. This allows you to receive another daily that can give more gold or to simply transform a quest that you may not like to complete to another one. You can only do this one time per day by the way.
Thanked by:
Yeah, I did know that. I only tend to re-roll the quests that require 5 wins though, most others I don't mind doing.
Thanked by: Arcrom
Currently streaming with webcam! No microphone, but it might still be better than not seeing me at all.

EDIT: Finished now, if you missed it you can watch it in my past broadcasts. I'd love to hear any feedback, whether I should do more with a more webcam, and maybe a microphone sometime?
Nice run puggsoy. I have to say that a microphone and webcan are more than welcome for the stream. Been able to watch/listen the streamer reactions provides a great plus for the viewer.

Also, now I want to hear puggsoy’s evil laugh Tongue  (in the last warlock match)
Thanked by: puggsoy
One of my recent streams was the first wing of The League of Explorers expansion the day it came out. I'll try and save up gold to buy each wing as it comes out and stream it.

Also, now that I'm on summer break I have a lot more free time, which means I'm actually able to play different games that need to be played consistently (unlike Hearthstone and Dustforce, which I could kind of play on-and-off as study allowed). I might be acquiring Fallout 3 (yes 3 not 4) in the near future so maybe I'll stream that? Maybe stuff like Civ 4 or 5 as well, since I haven't given those a spin yet.
I should be able to do the adventure tomorrow. If you want something easy to go for your stream, catch me when I start and help along, eh?
Thanked by: puggsoy
Tomorrow I'll actually be in town most of the day, but depending on the time I might catch you after I come home.

EDIT: Also, I may have a chance to stream with microphone in the coming days. If so then I might play Murdered: Soul Suspect, since that seems like a good game to stream.
Last stream was nice, the last match was so good that I not only exported it but am also linking it right here. Really interesting Rogue vs Mage match.
New class discovered: Echo healer

Quote:[...] Maybe stuff like Civ 4 or 5 as well [...]

That is certainly I would like to look forward to watch in the streams.

EDIT

These new adventure cards, do you think they are good? Still pondering if I use my gold to buy the first wing.
Thanked by:
Reno Jackson is Thaurissian tier at least.
Thanked by: Arcrom
(11-18-2015, 03:47 PM)Arcrom Wrote: These new adventure cards, do you think they are good? Still pondering if I use my gold to buy the first wing.

As psychospace said, Reno Jackson is pretty good. He's a fair replacement for Ancient Healbot in a deck with no or few duplicates (since his stats are also much better). He'd be especially useful in a weapon-heavy Rogue deck. Obsidian Destroyer is also pretty decent, arguably better than Hogger since it's harder to remove and its stat for cost economy is superior, although the taunts are only 1/1 (which can be picked out easily by Mage, Druid and Rogue).
The other cards aren't too bad either, Summoning Stone and Djinni of Zephyrs seem like they would be interesting in spell-based decks. Explorer's Hat looks useful as well, and I'm gonna try running Forgotten Torch. That said, I'm not very competitive (highest rank ever is 15) so I can't say much in the way of how objectively "good" they are.

Regardless, I'd say buy the wing. Adventure cards are sort of standard in Hearthstone, stuff like Sludge Belcher, Loatheb, Imp Gang Boss, Gang Up, etc. are things most people are expected to have and that certain decks (or just types of decks) require. It's rare to see a rush deck without Zombie Chow, for instance. And Flamewaker is like Mage's Knife Juggler. Not to mention Grim Patron Warrior (which is still a somewhat viable deck even after the Warsong Commander nerf). I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of LoE cards becoming standard, once all wings are unlocked.

And personally, I just find adventures fun, never mind the cards. The humour (albeit cheesy) is something I enjoy, and the bosses have really cool quirks. It's stuff you'll never find anywhere else in the game.