Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Test Style of Preference
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Multiple Choice
90.00%
9 90.00%
Fill In The Blank
0%
0 0%
Matching/Word Bank
0%
0 0%
True/False
0%
0 0%
Short Answer
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

When Taking A Test
I don't recall ever hearing someone LIKES taking tests.   However, when you must, which format do you prefer?   This is mostly in regards to tests based around mathematics, vocabulary, or some other non-literary type test that often require a specific type in order to be executed well.

True/False is my style of choice.   While they require the test taker to pay careful attention to the wording of the question, it's either right or wrong.   If you absolutely didn't remember the material, there's a 50% chance you can still succeed.

Matching/Word Bank problems would be a general next runner up for me, assuming there aren't any superfluous options.   If all entries can only be used once, and there's the proper amount present, if one couldn't remember all the material, it's just a matter of using best fit and narrowing the options down, until the rest slide jnto place.

Last runner up would naturally be Multiple Choice.   This does not supercede True/False because of the inherent decrease in probability of success, if you're reduced to having to guess.   Unlike True/False, where it's either right or wrong, you're contending with mutliple additional false answers that muck up your judgement.

Fill in the Blank and Short Answer are in last, since not remembering the material offhand automatically means you can't even begin to approach the problem.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
Actually none of the options are good because tests themselves serve no purpose other than getting a mathematical value of your 'knowledge'. They're all just ways for you to answer to a given X question, but none of them properly test the student who is taking it.

In this sense I prefer writing. The whole writing and graphic scheming should be taken as answer, not just the result. I prefer long but well-explained answers because even if you don't get the right answer, you can still prove you have grasped some of the content.

In other words, all those options up there encourage cramming to get a good grade and/or flipping coins and winging the answer card out.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
I can see your reasoning with long answers. I mostly hate them for being overly fluffy. I'd rather have short answers, that are concise and to the point, rather than 2+ paragraphs of not much more being said in many more words, ya know? Imagine being the teacher who has to read all that for every student, with all the atrocious handwritings, lol.
Thanked by:
Overly fluffy long answers is not a long answer, it's just a short answer filled with nothings.

A long answer must be long not because of wordiness, but short, concise thoughts that build up to explain and answer the question.

Using cheap wording to gather more character count should be instant 0.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Multiple choice: HOW CAN OTHER TESTS COMPARE!?
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by:
I like multiple choice because its easier.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
You're reminding me of a quote one of my professors said, regarding his tests.  It was something along the lines of

"I like multiple choice or true false questions, because even if the student couldn't remember the material during the test, due to anxiety or whatever other factors, they can still use the test itself to refresh theirself or learn new things.  In my class, it's not about memorizing and regurgitating the same things back to me, it's about understanding concepts and how they work.  I don't care if you're unable to give me the book definition or analysis of something; if you can prove to me you at least understand the material, that's all I care about."
Thanked by: psychospacecow
Yeah, something like that.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
Definitely multiple choice and similar

'Short Answer' almost NEVER means what it says...

(and yay...my post was deleted when i voted...UGH...well...not re-typing the rest of it)
Thanked by:
I would say multiple choices but showing how you managed to reach the option that you selected. This eliminates any form of cheating or luck guess.
Thanked by: