Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
re-created 8-Bit mario + Recolors from SMB-Modern Mario
Wink 
[Image: 8_bit_mario_sprite_sheet_by_offical_bunnie-d9bwakq.png]
[Image: 8_bit_ice_mario_by_offical_bunnie-d9bwfuo.png]
I re-created the SMB sprite, and recolored them to match with SMB2, SMB3, SML. SMW. and the Modern Mario and the Ice power up from NSMBWii!
Please leave some feedback, I worked hard on recreating it, Matching the Moustache, Hair etc.  Tongue
Hello, I'm idogex, A beginner to spriting, I have a deviantart: http://offical-bunnie.deviantart.com
Pretty Content (✿◡‿‿◡)
Thanked by:
I'm sorry to say, but these sprites don't classify as "good". One problem is that all of these are recolours with bad edits. The problem with recolouring is that it takes little to no effort. Then with the sprites with the pupils, they were done incorrectly. You must keep your pixel size consistent. (IE Resolution) You can't have a pixel and have another one 2/3s its size. The same problem with the ice flower. Also, it looks like the shoulder is misplace as it seems you erased one pixel off of it. I'll get into more detail when I get the chance.
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Thanked by: E-Man
no

this is not impressive at all. it's just the original NES sprite with different colors. Everyone can do that in a couple minutes, it's nothing new.

Please consider making original, custom sprites instead of using premade sprites as base.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Joxon, SmithyGCN, recme
Wait... you say you worked hard on this? This would take only a few seconds. What's your definition of hard work??
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
The "SML" and "SMW" ones aren't even in the correct palettes.
Thanked by:

I regret joining here, I put alot of work into RECREATING the sprite.

I'll just go because everyone is so rude.
Hello, I'm idogex, A beginner to spriting, I have a deviantart: http://offical-bunnie.deviantart.com
Pretty Content (✿◡‿‿◡)
Thanked by:
Basically, the problem is that these are recolors, and recolors aren't difficult to do.
Secondly, the sizes are inconsistent. Mario's body size doesn't match up with his pupil size, and neither matches up with the ice flower.
On top of that, these are all just single poses.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Well, I re-created the original sprite, Which was hard, I'm new to spriting.
Pretty Content (✿◡‿‿◡)
Thanked by:
Look, if you're going to act like a little whiny baby just because some people criticized your work, then, by all means, leave. I'm not the greatest spriter myself, but at least I make mine from scratch. By recreating, you probably mean just placing pixels similarly to an already existing sprite. This work isn't very well looked on as it is basically stealing someone else's sprite and claiming it as your own. You need to create a sprite of your own design. Even if a sprite you make isn't the greatest, people will still afford you some respect as it was something that you created wholesale.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by: Joxon
Even that aside, if this was for practice, this is (no offence) an absolutely HORRIBLE way to do so. You learn absolutely nothing from "recreating" an official Sprite. There's no point in it. If someone wanted these they could do it in 2 minutes. I'm probably repeating other people but if you wanna start spriting, start somewhere else, start with something original.

EDIT: Actually, if it was that hard to make these, I don't think you're doing it correctly. If you did this is MS Paint using the square tool, that is incorrect. You must do it, quite literally, PIXEL BY PIXEL. Your canvas for these sprites shouldn't be any bigger than 32x32, probably less.
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Thanked by: Ton, SmithyGCN
Those were made in Paint.NET, with the original nes sprite size, And resized to a bigger size.
Pretty Content (✿◡‿‿◡)
Thanked by:
[Image: b40c0a66123db2a1b227cb9dc8fa6edf.png]

"Well, I re-created the original sprite, Which was hard, I'm new to spriting." so you did a more tedious copy paste, so what? it wasn't using skill to do that either. I can look at a sprite and match it pixel per pixel as well. Though due to the size of these, i'll assume you used a large square brush rather than a single pixel brush, especially with how I see some offsets in it. One, don't do that. Use a single pixel brush. Its easier and looks nicer 99.9% of the time when you do things to scale properly.

EDIT:So you just did it pixel by pixel and scaled it up for some reason, ok. Don't, again. Just don't. If you want to edit I personally think thats fine, but try and do heavy modifications. What is impressive is technical skill and how you use it, which can result in art styles. Technical skill is mostly using knowledge about proportions and lighting to make something and learn how things should look, how you use it can mean you take what you learn and apply it to your own ideas, making neat things as realistically as possible. (I don't mean hyper realism, more you can see it working in its own world with colors and shading and form that all make sense, this can work for even cartoons.) this takes years of practice and criticism to achieve even good or decent quality work (well for me at least). Criticism is not the polar opposite of a compliment, its criticism. it may seem rude, but you can see it has good intention.

Most people here have been working hard on improving their own work for years, so when they see something that almost anyone can do at a starting level, and they seem to want compliments for it. You should expect criticism for your work, and attitude.
Thanked by: SmithyGCN, Joxon
By the way, a quick browse on your Deviantart shows this:

[Image: 5ed3fa051193113e8050fbc31a2dfa21.png]

"I'm currently 12"

Sorry, but to use the tVGR forums, you must be at least 13. These are the rules. Please come back when you're properly aged.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde