Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ps2 Model Ripping in the T-Position (Help!)
Hi,

I wonder if you can screenshot rip a model using a PCSX2 emulator and Ninja Ripper (or something similar) and pull a t-positioned model out. I've seen tutorials that rip from a PCSX2 emulator, but the models are in the position they were in the screenshot. I don't want to manually t-position them since that's a pain in the neck (& I might accidentally ruin the model).

Or in order for me to rip models in the t-position, do I need a hard-copy of the game or a torrented .exe?

Or does it work with some games and others not?

Notes (embarrassing, but still): I've never successfully ripped anything before. I'm just doing background research before I waste time. I do have "okay" experience in the 3D modeling and animating field. My goals are to convert a few game models into a program dubbed "MMD" (which anything to do with that program I know and can handle when it comes to model conversion). It's the ripping. I don't have access to 3dsmax, but I do have access to Blender. 

Thank You Smile
Thanked by:
Forget about getting proper models out of PCSX2, it's almost never remotely feasible to do due to the way the emulator (and the ps2 itself) works.
Also, PS2 games are ps2 games, they don't have windows executables.
Your best bet is ripping from the game files.
Thanked by:
(10-04-2015, 02:23 PM)TGE Wrote: Forget about getting proper models out of PCSX2, it's almost never remotely feasible to do due to the way the emulator (and the ps2 itself) works.
Also, PS2 games are ps2 games, they don't have windows executables.
Your best bet is ripping from the game files.

Oh. Yes, I didn't know they didn't have an .exe. That's embarrassing Unimpressed

Also, thanks, that clarification really helped. Is it just as valid to rip them if you torrent the game and use that file? Or do you need to have the disc in your hand, or something like that?
Thanked by:
Actually... its possible to rip with the emu PCSX2.
But same time quiet impossible too, it all depends on the game.
For make it on T-Pose, the only way its done it by using cheats, for make the model "crush" and force it to be on T-Pose.

But, really, its kind waste of time, because the models come out as .OBJ, completely with bugs, from losing part, and not talking about the UV Mapping... which has to be re-sized.

And even more, the emu doesn't extract textures, and the only way to get the texture, or just "partial" because in some games doesn't take all the texture, its the 3D Ripper.

But still, better than nothing.

I remember that long time ago, it was the only way that I did extract the models of Susanomon and Wargreymon X from the Digimon World 4, but still, they're quiet bugged...
"If others can do it, you can do it too"
Thanked by:
(10-05-2015, 02:40 AM)JechtX Wrote: Actually... its possible to rip with the emu PCSX2.
But same time quiet impossible too, it all depends on the game.
For make it on T-Pose, the only way its done it by using cheats, for make the model "crush" and force it to be on T-Pose.

But, really, its kind waste of time, because the models come out as .OBJ, completely with bugs, from losing part, and not talking about the UV Mapping... which has to be re-sized.

And even more, the emu doesn't extract textures, and the only way to get the texture, or just "partial" because in some games doesn't take all the texture, its the 3D Ripper.

But still, better than nothing.

I remember that long time ago, it was the only way that I did extract the models of Susanomon and Wargreymon X from the Digimon World 4, but still, they're quiet bugged...
Thank you for your help, but too complicated for a newbie like me. Though, I might try it sometime when I'm a bit more experienced.
Thanked by: