Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What needs to be done for a model to be posted?
I recently tried adding in Stardust Speedway from Sonic Generations, but due to the following problems that I don't fully understand, it was rejected. 

Your model was not accepted for the following reasons:
  • The textures are an unacceptable format or there are duplicate/junk files. Generally, all textures should be in .PNG format. (There are some exceptions to this rule, but this is not one of them.)

Other image formats either take up a lot of space due to lack of compression (.BMP and .TGA), have limited support (.AIFF, .DDS), or lose quality in compression (.JPEG).

Proprietary image formats such as .PSD are also not allowed.

• JPG format permanently damages the quality of images. You will have to re-convert the original textures. A game screenshot is not good for a big icon. It should be a custom render of the models you are submitting. The model itself is fine.
If anyone would mind telling me the problem's meanings and how I could've done better, please do so. If I just can't, then I will just keep them for my own usage, I guess

Due to the ZIP/RAR being too big, can't post it for anyone to really look over.
Thanked by:
(09-22-2015, 10:10 PM)Miles Prower (Anti-Verse) Wrote: I recently tried adding in Stardust Speedway from Sonic Generations, but due to the following problems that I don't fully understand, it was rejected. 

• The textures are an unacceptable format or there are duplicate/junk files. Generally, all textures should be in .PNG format. (There are some exceptions to this rule, but this is not one of them.)

Other image formats either take up a lot of space due to lack of compression (.BMP and .TGA), have limited support (.AIFF, .DDS), or lose quality in compression (.JPEG).

• JPG format permanently damages the quality of images. You will have to re-convert the original textures. A game screenshot is not good for a big icon. It should be a custom render of the models you are submitting. The model itself is fine.
If anyone would mind telling me the problem's meanings and how I could've done better, please do so. If I just can't, then I will just keep them for my own usage, I guess

Seems like all you need to do is convert the images to .PNG format. This is pretty simple, download and install XNView and open the images in it, than save them as .PNG format!
(09-22-2015, 10:18 PM)Ecelon Wrote:
(09-22-2015, 10:10 PM)Miles Prower (Anti-Verse) Wrote: I recently tried adding in Stardust Speedway from Sonic Generations, but due to the following problems that I don't fully understand, it was rejected. 

Seems like all you need to do is convert the images to .PNG format. This is pretty simple, download and install XNView and open the images in it, than save them as .PNG format!

Alright, have converted them in all honesty with DDS converter, hope this helps them and I wonder what kind of icon to use for Stardust Speedway. Should it be part of the city or Metal Sonic, considering i'm not really good at this and did it really just for fun and for the community.
Thanked by:
(09-22-2015, 10:24 PM)Miles Prower (Anti-Verse) Wrote:
(09-22-2015, 10:18 PM)Ecelon Wrote:

Alright, have converted them in all honesty with DDS converter, hope this helps them and I wonder what kind of icon to use for Stardust Speedway. Should it be part of the city or Metal Sonic, considering i'm not really good at this and did it really just for fun and for the community.

As you can see HERE, when I submitted the Training Room map, I just took a render of the entire thing.( I did not rip the Shredders btw ) Should be good enough in my honest opinion. As long as all the "IMAGE" files are .PNG format it should be alright. I think all of us do this for fun personally. Thanks for trying to help the community.

If it does get rejected a second time, would you mind emailing it to me, so I can check it out myself! Smile
Thanked by:
http://wiki.vg-resource.com/wiki/What_Ma...s_Resource
Might wanna check here.
Thanked by: Ecelon
I figured it out, but some models I have within have some new problems. Certain models I have been exporting using Sonic GLVL at times make the objects have odd texture issues. Such as this when I exported Scourge from the Scourge Generations model. I didn't fiddle with the .material files at all, got all the ones I could get for what was required. Some odd moments with the textures for the shoes and shades, but that's about it. http://i.imgur.com/ra0uOfP.png (  (I don't want to upload the models here because Nibroc-Rock made them and after asking, he was nice enough to hand me some other models Moebius/ANti-Mobius related, so I kept my word and they might be imported into SFM/Gmod at some point.)
Thanked by: